XPS M1530 - Anyone Get OpenGL Acceleration Working?

DavidM...@adobeforums.com

Nov 26, 2008, 10:43:54 AM11/26/08
I've got Photoshop CS4 up and running on my laptop, but no matter what video settings/drivers I use, I'm unable to get the harware acceleration working so Photoshop uses the video card to speed up operations. I've got the NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GT with the latest drivers from Dell.

Anyone else get acceleration working with their XPS laptop, or 8600M video card?

john_pa...@adobeforums.com

Dec 1, 2008, 9:23:48 AM12/1/08
DavidM...@adobeforums.com wrote:
> I've got Photoshop CS4 up and running on my laptop, but no matter what video settings/drivers I use, I'm unable to get the harware acceleration working so Photoshop uses the video card to speed up operations. I've got the NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GT with the latest drivers from Dell.
>
> Anyone else get acceleration working with their XPS laptop, or 8600M video card?

I don't have that setup here, but I have a suggestion, try getting the
driver from the NVIDA web site rather than Dell. Dell my not be posting
the true latest driver.

John Passaneau

Myle...@adobeforums.com

Dec 1, 2008, 2:16:27 PM12/1/08
Yes, the 8600M GT series should work fine. It does at least on my MacBook Pro on Vista Ultimate even with older drivers.

Mylenium