Adobe Photoshop CS4 installation doesn't start (Vista x86)

Message has been deleted

RdJ

Apr 4, 2009, 3:39:40 AM4/4/09
I have downloaded the Adobe Photoshop CS4 trial from adobe.com. First
you have to unpack it, that works fine. But then you have to install
it, and that doesn't work. When I open Setup.exe in the folder Adobe
CS4, Vista first asks for admin right, and after accepting, it
doesn't
do anything anymore. When I go to task manager, to the tab processes,
Setup.exe is in there, but it doesn't do anything...

I'm running Windows Vista x86.

How to get Photoshop installed??

RdJ

pupick

Apr 4, 2009, 4:58:57 PM4/4/09
Your downloaded file may be corrupted.
Try downloading it again.

RdJ

Apr 6, 2009, 11:08:38 AM4/6/09
On 4 apr, 22:58, "pupick" <fac_...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> Your downloaded file may be corrupted.
> Try downloading it again.

I will try that.

Are there any other suggestions?? (for if redownloading doesn't work)

levsa...@gmail.com

Apr 22, 2009, 10:51:23 AM4/22/09

> Are there any other suggestions?? (for if redownloading doesn't work)

If you download again you'll just waste your time and traffic. I have
the same problem, but the same installer run on my friend's PC. I'm
now trying to find other solutions. I'll let you know if i find
anything.

susanne

Apr 24, 2009, 9:04:15 AM4/24/09

You will find excellent resources and troubleshooting specifics on the
Adobe website in the download area. It will require a bit of effort to
pinpoint the solution for your specific problem, but I can tell you
from personal experience that you will find a resolution there. If I
had time I'd start the process for you and provide a link to the trial
download issue troubleshooting page...start with adobe.com and the
resources are clearly marked. Good Luck...CS4 is fantastic and well
worth your effort... even this bit of initial hassle.

regards,
susanne

Ike_M...@yahoo.com

May 6, 2009, 8:00:44 AM5/6/09
On Fri, 3 Apr 2009 11:49:34 -0700 (PDT), RdJ <rdj...@gmail.com>
wrote:

>Ik heb de Adobe Photoshop CS4 trial gedownload van adobe.com. Eerst
>moet je hem uitpakken, dat werkt prima. Maar dan moet je hem
>installeren en dat doet het dus niet. Als ik in de map Adobe CS4 het
>bestand Setup.exe start, vraagt ie eerst om admin-rechten en daarna
>gebeurt er niks meer. Als ik

>I have downloaded the Adobe Photoshop CS4 trial from adobe.com. First
>you have to unpack it, that works fine. But then you have to install
>it, and that doesn't work. When I open Setup.exe in the folder Adobe
>CS4, Vista first asks for admin right, and after accepting, it doesn't
>do anything anymore. When I go to task manager, to the tab processes,
>Setup.exe is in there, but it doesn't do anything...
>
>I'm running Windows Vista x86.
>
>How to get Photoshop installed??
>
>RdJ

Probeer de install als administrator te doen zelfs als je eigen user
admin rights heeft .... weet niet precies hoe dat gaat in vista
misschien hetzelfde als in XP met een "run as" en dan als user
Administrator gebruiken je moet dan wel het administrator password
hebben .....