Question about Adobe CS4 service manager

Re...@adobeforums.com

Nov 19, 2008, 9:50:36 AM11/19/08
Hello, just today I installed Photoshop CS4 extended and now I see in my startup manager that when Windows boots i got "Adobe CS4 service manager".

What is this program, why he starts up with windows and can I remove it from startup?

Thank you.

Myle...@adobeforums.com

Nov 19, 2008, 12:40:12 PM11/19/08
Service Manager is required for Adobe Drive and some other online functions. If you are not using them, it is safe to turn it off in your control panel.

Mylenium

Re...@adobeforums.com

Nov 19, 2008, 12:51:42 PM11/19/08
Ok, thanks on answer.
While I'm here, why is it necessery for me to install Adobe Bridge with Photoshop CS4? I coudn't untick it when I was installin software. Can I somehow remove if I dont use it?

Thanks.

John Joslin

Nov 19, 2008, 2:15:05 PM11/19/08

Can I somehow remove...?

Not really.

Better to learn what it can do!

harol...@adobeforums.com

Nov 27, 2008, 2:55:53 PM11/27/08
I'm having the same issue, can someone please tell me EXACTLY where the option to turn this off is located - "control panel" ?

I have Bridge, PS and LR 2.1 installed only.