Photoshop CS4 APPCRASH @ Startup Vista 32bit

j23c...@adobeforums.com

Feb 25, 2009, 8:07:45 PM2/25/09
I've currently trying to fix photoshop on my company computer and I can't seem to get it to work. I've tried the following:
1. uninstall/delete files/reinstall
2. clear prefetch files
3. scan for viruses and registry errors
4. run as admin, run on different account, run in compatibility mode

My Computer is a Dell XPS1530 with 8600m GT. Photoshop worked fine for quite sometime and now it crashes with the following error after reaching "Building color conversion Tables"

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: Photoshop.exe
Application Version: 11.0.0.0
Application Timestamp: 48d3882e
Fault Module Name: kernel32.dll
Fault Module Version: 6.0.6001.18000
Fault Module Timestamp: 4791a76d
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Offset: 000254d8
OS Version: 6.0.6001.2.1.0.256.1
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Information 1: 48a4
Additional Information 2: 25d86d7052aea144c126756ba05fe7f4
Additional Information 3: 33ef
Additional Information 4: cb36b8e1128214d6ae58aa905338119c

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
John

dave_...@adobeforums.com

Feb 25, 2009, 8:27:58 PM2/25/09
see the FAQ. reset the preferences... i think it's the 2nd topic in the FAQ list (top of this forum list).

j23c...@adobeforums.com

Feb 25, 2009, 9:38:15 PM2/25/09
reset preferences Didn't work...

j23c...@adobeforums.com

Feb 26, 2009, 7:54:33 AM2/26/09
anyone know how to fix this?

El...@adobeforums.com

Feb 26, 2009, 8:14:36 AM2/26/09

j23c...@adobeforums.com

Feb 26, 2009, 11:43:56 AM2/26/09
uhm thats for pre-release/ beta versions. This is a new pc and the software was installed directly from disc.

John Joslin

Feb 26, 2009, 12:36:54 PM2/26/09
As soon as you have attempted an install there is a chance that residues of an aborted attempt will remain on the hard drive, hence the recommendation of the clean script.

El...@adobeforums.com

Feb 26, 2009, 1:19:46 PM2/26/09
:-) Thanks John - perhaps I should have mentioned that in my post.

John Joslin

Feb 26, 2009, 1:30:10 PM2/26/09
:)

j23c...@adobeforums.com

Feb 27, 2009, 7:31:13 AM2/27/09
Tried it. No luck there. Photoshop still crashes at "building color conversion tables"