Skewed images

Rober...@adobeforums.com

Mar 18, 2009, 7:21:03 PM3/18/09
This is a simple question, but....

How do I save an image so that it is rotated away from straight up and down. I want to put images on a website at about 45 degree angles, but I can't remember (or find) how to do it. I can rotate it image, of course, but whenever I try to save it, it comes back straight up and down.

cj...@adobeforums.com

Mar 19, 2009, 5:31:33 AM3/19/09
try use the keyboard control t (transformation tool)
remember to copy it layer or difficult
after it sastify use the keyboard enter button after using transformation tool

Free...@adobeforums.com

Mar 19, 2009, 5:54:12 AM3/19/09
Ctrl + T (free transform) or Edit > Transform > Rotate. I think what cjmah tries to point out is that the image canvas is not affected by this - it'll still be the same shape and orientation. So rotating the content will a) cut the corners and b) leave the old corners with opaque background color.

You need to expand the canvas, and put the image on a new layer. Then delete the background. Your rotated image is now surrounded by a larger, transparent rectangle. Save to a format that supports transparency, such as PNG or GIF, but not JPG.

You probably used the OpenGL rotate canvas feature, which is a video card feature that only affects the on-screen rendering. It doesn't change the file.

Phosąfour dots

Mar 19, 2009, 11:16:55 AM3/19/09
Terminology lesson for the day; it's an important distinction:

Rotate vs. Skew