CS4 64 Hardware acceleration unavailible after update 11.0.1

mal...@adobeforums.com

Feb 26, 2009, 12:02:22 PM2/26/09
CS4 64 bit tells me that my graphic board is not longer accepted and I have to ugrade card or driver.
I use a Geforce 8800GT in my system and the lastest Nvidia driver.
CS4 32 bit recognizes the card correctly. This is nice and also a lot faster then before but I need the 64bit version with hardware acceleration.
Any ideas to help me? I havn't done any hardware changes.

This is what my system info with 64 bit cs 4 says. I can't enable the button under performance activating the hardware acceleration.

Adobe Photoshop Version: 11.0.1 (11.0.1x20090218 [20090218.r.523 2009/02/18:02:00:00 cutoff; r branch]) X64
Operating System: Windows Vista 64-bit
Version: 6.0 Service Pack 1
System architecture: Intel CPU Family:6, Model:7, Stepping:10 with MMX, SSE Integer, SSE FP, SSE2
Physical processor count: 4
Processor speed: 3005 MHz
Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GT
Video Mode: 1280 x 1024 x 4294967296 Farben
Video Card Driver: nvd3dumx.dll,nvd3dum,nvwgf2umx.dll,nvwgf2um
Driver Version: 7.15.11.8206
Built-in memory: 8190 MB
Free memory: 5797 MB
Memory available to Photoshop: 7226 MB
Memory used by Photoshop: 84 %
Image cache levels: 4
Serial number: 92628752824465001218
Application folder: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CS4 (64 Bit)\

John Joslin

Feb 26, 2009, 12:10:29 PM2/26/09
Again!

Free...@adobeforums.com

Feb 26, 2009, 12:08:53 PM2/26/09
Bob! Serial #!

Free...@adobeforums.com

Feb 26, 2009, 12:16:59 PM2/26/09
Malojo, if you're listening - hit the "edit" button or get Photoshop activated on a second machine fast...

mal...@adobeforums.com

Feb 26, 2009, 12:20:05 PM2/26/09
Oh oh...sorry. I havn't seen that. Thanks for deleting. There was no edit button availible for me. Photoshop is allready activated.

mal...@adobeforums.com

Feb 26, 2009, 4:02:45 PM2/26/09
Issue solved. It was the nvidia driver rather than the update. Going back to nvidia 181.22 solved the issue.

gary_gr...@adobeforums.com

Feb 27, 2009, 9:22:14 AM2/27/09
I have the same problem with ps cs4 11.01 update on my xp32 system, with a nvidia 295gtx...

I was using nvidias WQHL 182.06 as you were, all was working fine, then i updated to 11.01 and openGL is greyed out in prefs...

so i take it from this post that the only way to get openGL working again within ps 11.01 is to downgrade nvidias drivers, which is a shame because nvidias 182.06 driver has fixed alot of issuesw ive had with the 295gtx, so i hope this issue gets resolved as more people bring it to light, whether its nvidias or adobe that needs to do the 'fix'.

M.Barnes

Feb 28, 2009, 9:09:51 PM2/28/09
I have the same issue, but I will stick to 182.06

This is not a driver bug in my view but CS4 lacking in recognising appropriate drivers. Not that I care though, I find the whole OpenGL a big disaster and I don't see any major benefits that improve the quality of my work.

mal...@adobeforums.com

Mar 23, 2009, 12:37:17 PM3/23/09

Current nvidia beta drivers 182.46 fixes the issue in my case.