Action to "Save as JPG" always offers "foo copy copy.jpg" as file name

Ide...@adobeforums.com

Feb 17, 2009, 9:46:33 AM2/17/09
When I use Photoshop CS4 "Save As", and then select jpg, it offers
me to save my file, foo.psd as foo.jpg. No problem.

I have prepared an action to "Save as JPG" but it always offers me
to save as "foo copy copy.jpg". This is rather annoying as I'll have
to get rid of "copy copy" portion every time.

Any hints? Is it my action script? Is a "professional" version of
such an action script available elsewhere?

Thanks

dave_...@adobeforums.com

Feb 17, 2009, 10:27:56 AM2/17/09
use save for web. you have more control and don't get annoyed by the stupid "copy copy" issue.

Bob

Feb 17, 2009, 1:53:24 PM2/17/09

There are two things that cause that to happen to me:
1) After creating a layer or two and fail to merge before saving.
2) Use Filter > Distort > Lens Correction

There may be other things that cause it to happen but those are the
ones I see. Don't know how to get rid of it in #2 but #1 is fixed by
merging the layers before saving as a jpg. If you want to preserve
your layers, you'll need to modify your script to first save as a PSD,
Merge Layers, then save as JPG.

-Bob
http://designphotography.smugmug.com/

PECour...@adobeforums.com

Feb 18, 2009, 7:13:58 AM2/18/09
Uncheck the three dots in a square next to that step, and you get to chose the name you want.