photoshop Freeze

Gelly_Da...@adobeforums.com

Mar 5, 2009, 1:39:05 PM3/5/09
work adobe phtoshop CS3, where i combine two images of the same watch and use mask to combinethem, but lately whenever i open two images, i drag one onto the other one, only my adobe phtoshop freezes. i tried adding more memory to my computer... nothing. do you know why ? Do you think it's teh program? or is it my computer?

dave_...@adobeforums.com

Mar 5, 2009, 1:43:18 PM3/5/09
could be ram or scratch disk space. try resetting the preferences first ( <http://www.adobeforums.com/webx/.ef4a07f/1?14@@> ).

make sure you have enough free hard drive space on whatever drive you have designated as the scratch drive.

make sure the memory allocated to photoshop in preferences is set to about 55%.

if none of the above works, post back with your system specs and more detail.

Gelly_Da...@adobeforums.com

Mar 5, 2009, 2:31:45 PM3/5/09
have my preferances set to 81% . i have enough disk space, enough memeory, don't know why it doesn't work.

Gelly_Da...@adobeforums.com

Mar 5, 2009, 2:30:23 PM3/5/09

dave_...@adobeforums.com

Mar 5, 2009, 2:32:07 PM3/5/09

have my preferneces set to 81%. i have enough space, enough memory. but
it doesn't go.

ok... what about what i posted... :)

dave_...@adobeforums.com

Mar 5, 2009, 2:32:05 PM3/5/09
oops. you deleted your post as i was replying. try the stuff i said in my post #1...

John Joslin

Mar 5, 2009, 5:11:58 PM3/5/09
What Dave is saying is to try resetting your preferences as described in the FAQ.

<http://www.adobeforums.com/webx/.ef4a07f/1>

You either have to physically delete (or rename) the preference files or, if using the Alt, Ctrl, and Shift method, be sure that you get a confirmation dialog.

This resets all settings in Photoshop to factory defaults.

Gelly_Da...@adobeforums.com

Mar 6, 2009, 10:02:53 AM3/6/09
k. i will try. thanx fro your help. will get back to you if it is or is not good. thanx agaiN!