Adobe Gamma

David_H_...@adobeforums.com

Mar 16, 2009, 7:38:18 PM3/16/09
How do I disable Adobe Gamma in the start file? It pops up every time I turn my computer on. But, I purchased a Spyder 3 Pro calibration device and the instructions tell me I should disable Adobe Gamma otherwise the calibration I perform is 'neutralized' each time I turn the computer on. Thoughts? Advice?

Eugene_...@adobeforums.com

Mar 16, 2009, 8:00:26 PM3/16/09
If you are using Win XP, click on start, then run. Then type in msconfig, click ok. The system config utility will pop up. Click on the start tab and scroll down till you see Adobe Gamma, uncheck the box, click ok. You will have to re-boot and then you will be ok from then on.

dave_...@adobeforums.com

Mar 16, 2009, 8:00:11 PM3/16/09
delete the shortcut in the startup folder.

dave_...@adobeforums.com

Mar 16, 2009, 8:07:25 PM3/16/09
or you can just delete the shortcut from the startup folder... :)

David_H_...@adobeforums.com

Mar 16, 2009, 9:18:33 PM3/16/09
Got it! (Dave, I tried looking for the shortcut but I couldn't find it in the startup folder (lots of other things but not that). So I tried Eugene's suggestion and although my computer wasn't happy with the change, it finally simmered down and the 'ghost' notification at start up is gone.) Thanks!