online storage companies

Ellen_...@adobeforums.com

Feb 2, 2009, 5:00:18 PM2/2/09
Here's another backup question, has anybody used online storage? Does anybody know of any good companies to use, I'm looking for 400GB for myself, and 400GB for my husband. Is this feasable, does it cost a fortune, and what about security, people having access to my data?
Thanks in advance,
Ellen

Rob_K...@adobeforums.com

Feb 2, 2009, 5:15:37 PM2/2/09
Ellen,

I used it a short while, but it didn't work for me. Although it is a good idea, off line storage, I found that it's much better done myself.

First, I have ADSL, currently 20 Mbit/s downstream, 3 Mbit up.
It' very tedious this way to do the "dailies" the slow route, while having the fast route only in case of a restore.

It doesn't beat my old (and current) back-up system: 1.5 terabyte on site (my studio), 1.5 terabite offsite (my home) and the equivalent in a DVD suitcase at another house.

The best backup, however, is the Internet. Make an image public and it will be impossible to erase it.

Rob

dave_...@adobeforums.com

Feb 2, 2009, 7:37:59 PM2/2/09
keep your eyes on google in the next few weeks...

dave_...@adobeforums.com

Feb 2, 2009, 7:38:50 PM2/2/09

Geoff_K...@adobeforums.com

Feb 2, 2009, 9:22:30 PM2/2/09
Look at the date on that link - March 4th 2006. Still no sign of G drive yet!
Geoff.

dave_...@adobeforums.com

Feb 2, 2009, 10:02:46 PM2/2/09

In an e-mail to Computerworld, a Google spokesman said, "We don't have
anything to announce right now."

that means something's coming!!! fur shur! :)

dave_...@adobeforums.com

Feb 2, 2009, 10:02:04 PM2/2/09
sorry grabbed an old one...

Internet abuzz with Google GDrive rumors

<http://www.computerworld.com/action/article.do?command=viewArticleBasic&articleId=9127200>

February 2, 2009 (Computerworld)

better?

jeez you'd think people would be able to do their own searches in this millennium!!! :)

Ellen_...@adobeforums.com

Feb 6, 2009, 11:55:47 AM2/6/09
Well, I guess I'll stick with the external HD backup system for now. Thanks for the input.

Ellen