dark printing

malcolm...@adobeforums.com

Nov 6, 2008, 12:32:59 PM11/6/08
print using cs3 to either a epson r1900 or 2400 printers i do not flatten my images and i switch of all the printer color controls . i have calibrated ny screen (eye one pro) when i print out from photoshop onto epson high gloss paper the ptints are about 1-1.5 stops darker than the image on the screen my profile is adobe 1998 not srgb can any one help thanks

PECour...@adobeforums.com

Nov 6, 2008, 2:05:30 PM11/6/08
Have you tried with a flattened copy of one image?
Are you images low key, high key color, black and white?
Could you post your printer settings (you can host your images on pixentral)
What blacks are you using?Photo or Matte? what profile do you use?

Look at this page for more info: <http://www.computer-darkroom.com/ps10_print/ps10_print_1.htm>

malcolm...@adobeforums.com

Nov 10, 2008, 11:11:16 AM11/10/08
I HAVE NOT TRIED FLATTENING COPY BUT WILL TRY THAT
IMAGES ARE COLOR TAKEN ON 1DSMK3 PHOT BLACK ON HIGH GLOSS PAPER
PROFILE IS FOR EPSON HIGHGLOSS FOR THE 2400
WILL TRY FOR PRINTER SETTINGS
THANKS