ATTN: Visiting Adobe Engineers!

Phosąfour dots

Nov 7, 2008, 2:00:17 PM11/7/08
First of all, thank you very much for spending time in the forums helping to get to the bottom of problems, and for actively participating in the dialogue. It means the world to us.

But please, add a signature tag or something to positively identify yourselves as Adobe employees. Some of us may recognize some of your names, but not all of us are likely to recognize all of you.

When you ask to be sent files, some folks might be wary if they don't know it's an Adobe employee doing the asking!

Regards,
Phos....

Chri...@adobeforums.com

Nov 7, 2008, 3:20:27 PM11/7/08
Phosphor - right now we don't have an easy way to add signatures on the forums. Last I heard the forum team was still looking into it. (I'll call them again after lunch and see if they got anywhere)

And yes, we have some new folks that you probably don't recognize.

Phosąfour dots

Nov 7, 2008, 3:34:32 PM11/7/08

"right now we don't have an easy way to add signatures on the forums."

I'm happy we (regular web-interface visitors) can't add signature files. It just gets cluttery, even if it's just text. Some people just don't know how to minimize. However, for Adobe employees, I wouldn't mind seeing something succinct placed at the bottom of each of their replies.

That said, I like the TextExpander utility <http://www.smileonmymac.com/TextExpander/screencast/index.html> for inserting boilerplate with just a few custom keystrokes. Dunno if you can use something like that; at least it'd save you the hassle of adding the full text of a signature manually.

Chri...@adobeforums.com

Nov 7, 2008, 5:53:32 PM11/7/08
I think we have something working now.

dave_...@adobeforums.com

Nov 7, 2008, 6:07:05 PM11/7/08
very sporty looking mr. cox! :)

Mathias_...@adobeforums.com

Nov 7, 2008, 6:49:13 PM11/7/08
OMG Chris Cox is a Photoshop Engineer! ;-)

Phosąfour dots

Nov 7, 2008, 8:40:21 PM11/7/08
Ehhhhx-cellent!

Smithers, order that man a swanky new Stutz Bearcat!

Nick_...@adobeforums.com

Nov 7, 2008, 9:07:08 PM11/7/08
Impressive. Now, Chris, please learn how to say something other than "Get The Latest Driver."

Pipkin

Nov 7, 2008, 11:54:09 PM11/7/08
«Get The Latest Driver» — I go to the bed with those words, and I awake with those words :)
Now permanently.

dave_...@adobeforums.com

Nov 8, 2008, 1:25:54 AM11/8/08
a tattoo? cool! :)

Lawrenc...@adobeforums.com

Nov 8, 2008, 11:54:21 AM11/8/08
That's engineeringese. "Get The Latest Driver" , "Bad RAM"....(Add your own favorite :-))

PECour...@adobeforums.com

Nov 8, 2008, 12:36:30 PM11/8/08
"more accurate" unchecked?