GPU and PS CS4 Standard

Robert Enns

Nov 5, 2008, 4:12:24 PM11/5/08
I have PS CS4 (not extended) and ID CS4.

If I go to preferences, the GPU area says "No GPU options availabe with Photoshop Standard". Then the explanation at underneath says I need to upgrade my video driver or card.

I would, but the bit about no options available with Standard version is confusing. Does it mean GPU would work but just not have "options"?

Rob

Chri...@adobeforums.com

Nov 5, 2008, 7:53:44 PM11/5/08
That was a mistake in the string that wasn't caught before we shipped. Ignore the word "standard" (they reused a string that was intended for the 3D features, which are in extended only).

Robert Enns

Nov 6, 2008, 1:33:32 PM11/6/08
Thank you Chris. That clears it up.

steve_g...@adobeforums.com

Nov 6, 2008, 6:50:21 PM11/6/08
That string should really read something to the effect " Photoshop will not enable any GPU setting options. Try updating the video card driver or installing a new video card that meets Photoshop CS4 GPU requirements."