Photoshop CS4 file saving problem...

1 view

All...@adobeforums.com

Nov 6, 2008, 10:33:05 PM11/6/08
Photoshop CS4 file saving problem: When no file name is specified, Photoshop saves file to the root directory of the drive instead of the current folder. It auto names the image with the name of the folder that was active. Can this be fixed?

BTW: I was using "save for web"--not sure if it that matters.

Myle...@adobeforums.com

Nov 7, 2008, 2:04:52 AM11/7/08
Doesn't sound all too wrong and is actually rather logical - save outside the current folder to prevent accidentally overwriting files that may be contained therein, but leave clues as to where the file would go by applying the folder name in the file name. You know, there really are people who use "Unnamed 1.gif" on their websites... if you want it changed:

<http://www.adobe.com/go/wish>

Mylenium

All...@adobeforums.com

Nov 7, 2008, 4:07:46 AM11/7/08
this is bad since people who aren't aware of this have a false sense of saving their file and it may end up taking up extra hard drive space when users resave it to the proper location

John Joslin

Nov 7, 2008, 5:45:21 AM11/7/08
The lesser of two evils?

All...@adobeforums.com

Nov 7, 2008, 6:34:31 AM11/7/08
i liked it back when the default file name was 'untitled.xxx', lets us save a quick file when we want to rename it later