LCD 26" monitor prefs

john_...@adobeforums.com

Apr 2, 2009, 4:20:07 PM4/2/09
Hope I'm at least close to the right forum for this question...

I need a new lcd monitor (now have a LaCie electron 22blue crt and Spyder2pro) for my Mac G5 OSX 10.5 setup with PS CS4. For semi-serious, but non-commercial, PS work. Looking at 1) LaCie 526 with A-TW and AS-IPS panel, 2) NEC 2690WUXI with A-TW and 3) the newer NEC 2690 WUXI2 without A-TW. The LaCie and NEC use the same panel.
Apparently, blacks are not so hot without the A-TW polarizer, especially if the screen is viewed at an angle (per some You Tube examples).
Question #1: Does this matter if one always views the screen head-on? NEC's faq website implies that the lack of A-TW on the WUXI2 doesn't really reduce overall color quality.
Question #2: LaCie offers the Blue Eye Pro system with its product. NEC's package is Spectraview software and x-rite eye one display v2. Is either one of these color management systems appreciably better than the other--or easier to master?
Thank you for any suggestions! Jack

Lundb...@adobeforums.com

Apr 2, 2009, 5:26:07 PM4/2/09
Get the wide gamut