doc bar/page layout

austi...@adobeforums.com

Mar 13, 2009, 5:06:58 PM3/13/09
I went from CS2 to CS4, I don't know when this changed. Used to be able to click on the bar in the lower left that shows the image size (in MB), and it would give you a preview of the document size on your current page layout. Just noticed today that is gone in CS4. There seems to be a number of options to change the info shown in that bar, but none of them just make it work the way it used to. Am I missing something or is this just gone?

Ramón_G_Castañeda@adobeforums.com

Mar 13, 2009, 9:13:00 PM3/13/09
BTW, it's called the Status Bar, Austin. Just so you can look it up in the Help files. :)

Ann_She...@adobeforums.com

Mar 13, 2009, 10:40:01 PM3/13/09
I think that Austin is referring to the fact that in earlier versions there used to be a little icon that showed image size in relation to printing-page size that was available from the Status Bar.

The best way to see that in CS4 is to hit Cmd P to see the Print Preview and then Cancel. Doing that is far more useful than the little icon ever was.

austi...@adobeforums.com

Mar 16, 2009, 12:40:53 PM3/16/09
^^^ yes, that. I agree cmd-P is certainly more useful, but it also invokes a dialog box that has to be dismissed. As opposed to a simple pop-up that goes away when you release the mouse button. I found it useful on occasion; I don't see why Adobe would remove a feature like that for no particular reason (why could it not have remained as an option in the menu Neil posted?)

Thanks for the tip on "Status Bar" Ramon, guess I missed that all these years. Now if I could find out what the little page pop-up is called, maybe I could find others to commiserate with on its passing. Or perhaps I will just have to mourn alone...