FREE TRANSFORM TROUBLE

Andy_L_...@adobeforums.com

Feb 6, 2009, 11:00:08 AM2/6/09
I cut a 6”x4” piece of newspaper into small pieces & spread them face down on a flatbed scanner.
On top of the pieces I put a matte black piece of paper and scanned.
In photoshop I selected, and put each small piece onto its own layer. So each layer had a small piece of newspaper on a transparent background.
I’m trying to unite the pieces back to their original state in Photoshop.

Problem: When I rotate one of the images on a layer in FREE TRANSFORM it gets distorted also with the Rotate command. I have seen many tutorials on Free Transform, tried everything, have a good idea how to use it…I think…. .Please Help

Phosąfour dots

Feb 6, 2009, 11:07:24 AM2/6/09
Before we tackle your question, perhaps you could give us an idea about why you chose to cut the newspaper article before scanning, when it would be easier and more accurate to do in pPhotoshop after you've scanned the piece intact?

Andy_L_...@adobeforums.com

Feb 6, 2009, 11:21:35 AM2/6/09
I used the newspaper as an example. I have important documents that were torn up to little pieces and im trying to put them together.

Thanks

Neil_...@adobeforums.com

Feb 6, 2009, 11:33:12 AM2/6/09
Andy,

Unfortunately, Photoshop cannot do the CSI magic of taking broken pieces of glass or torn up messages and magically reassemble them. And it would be time consuming to do this as you're attempting with just Photoshop.

My recommendation would be to take the actual pieces, turn them over and assemble them by hand, use a low tack tape to hold them in place and refine their alignment. Then carefully place the reconstructed result onto a flatbed scanner. Scan at a high resolution, touch up the edges in Photoshop and save.

Hope you're not talking about shredder-size pieces...

Neil

Buko

Feb 6, 2009, 12:16:13 PM2/6/09

I have important documents that were torn up to little pieces and im trying
to put them together.

Your best bet would be to treat your torn up document as a jigsaw puzzle and put the actual document together by hand by gluing them to another sheet or use scotch tape.