CS4 plugin not loaded

Jefferis Peterson

Feb 19, 2009, 2:34:53 PM2/19/09
Since CS4, I get a notice that a few plugins aren't being loaded and I
checked the system log, but it doesn't tell me which ones are not compatible
or not loaded... Anyway to tell which ones are not?
Jeff

Ramón_G_Castañeda@adobeforums.com

Feb 19, 2009, 2:51:41 PM2/19/09
Most likely any and all older plug-ins that are not written in Universal Binary.

CLICK HERE <http://www.adobeforums.com/webx?50@@.2cd06cd9> for advice on how to ask your question correctly for quicker answers. Thanks!

Jefferis Peterson

Feb 19, 2009, 11:33:44 PM2/19/09
On 2/19/09 2:51 PM, in article 59b7f...@webcrossing.la2eafNXanI,
"Ramón_G_Castañe...@adobeforums.com" <> wrote:

> Most likely any and all older plug-ins that are not written in Universal
> Binary.

I'd like to delete them from the folder, but can't tell which ones are
inactive... (I have a lot of plugins).

Ramón_G_Castañeda@adobeforums.com

Feb 19, 2009, 8:22:23 PM2/19/09
Locate the plug-in in the Finder, highlight its icon and do a Get Info (Command+I). The Info box should tell you whether it's a Universal or PowerPC plug-in. PowerPC plug-ins will only run if you can run Photoshop in Rosetta emulation. Universal plug-in run native on MacIntel machines.

<http://www.pixentral.com/show.php?picture=1Qb6FtW1bXRwI1uP2TmMqSi3Mf39O0>

steve_g...@adobeforums.com

Feb 24, 2009, 2:47:03 AM2/24/09
Another way to go about this would be to comapre a screen shot of the About Plug-in list (or 2 if they down all fit on one screen) against the plug-ins in the application directory. Also, are you pointing to an additional plug-in directory in your preferences? If so compare against that too.

What is the message you see, btw?

steve