Deleting History that's imbeded in an image?

Tony Vincent

Feb 28, 2009, 10:02:51 AM2/28/09
have a question that i hope you can help me with. i'm using PSCS4 and i'm trying to delete the "history" that was originally saved in my XMP data. i've gone to the "file info"->"advanced" window pane (tab) and deleted the "history" folder, but the folder continues to reappear with all the initial history data. it appears like i delete the history folder, but then when opening up the "file info" window again (after closing it), all the history is there like it was before i attempted to delete it. can you help me out?
best-- and many thanks.
tv

Ann_She...@adobeforums.com

Feb 28, 2009, 11:37:39 AM2/28/09
Try dragging the Layers (and any Paths) from the file with the unwanted metadata into a new file and saving it with a new name.