What is the latest version of photoshop that can run on 10.3.9? (panther)

Jon_r._...@adobeforums.com

Feb 19, 2009, 12:36:51 PM2/19/09
What is the latest version of photoshop I can run on 10.3.9? (Panther)

Phosąfour dots

Feb 19, 2009, 12:40:05 PM2/19/09
What are your hardware specs?

Model/processor/exact model of video card/RAM + Maximum RAM/Hard drive(s) + storage:space used:space free, etc.

Buko

Feb 19, 2009, 1:05:19 PM2/19/09

What is the latest version of photoshop I can run on 10.3.9? (Panther)

CS2

CS3 needs a minimum of 10.4.8 (but 10.4.11 is recommended) or greater.

CS4 needs 10.4.11 or greater.

Jim_J...@adobeforums.com

Feb 19, 2009, 1:11:55 PM2/19/09
CS2

EDIT: What Buko said. How did I miss his post?

Phosąfour dots

Feb 19, 2009, 1:18:03 PM2/19/09
Never hurts to get visitors into the habit of providing more info, as opposed to not enough.

:)

Jon_r._...@adobeforums.com

Feb 20, 2009, 5:07:54 PM2/20/09
933 GHZ powerPC g4

1.12 gb ram
40 gb

OK, I'll give CS2 a try. Thanks

Buko

Feb 20, 2009, 5:20:17 PM2/20/09

OK, I'll give CS2 a try.

CS2 is not for sale any more as it is almost 4 years old and 2 versions behind. You can only buy CS4.

Neil_...@adobeforums.com

Feb 20, 2009, 8:55:05 PM2/20/09
Jon,

If you are thinking of buying CS2 on eBay, Craig's List or the like, be aware there is a lot of fraudulent (pirated, copied, or otherwise misrepresented) software out there. Make sure it comes with an Adobe transfer of license and that you can register it with Adobe.

Neil

Ramón_G_Castañeda@adobeforums.com

Feb 21, 2009, 12:47:04 AM2/21/09

1.12 gb ram

How did you manage that? ;)

Neil_...@adobeforums.com

Feb 22, 2009, 12:43:25 AM2/22/09
Ramón,

Two .56 GB sticks? <g>

Neil

Ramón_G_Castañeda@adobeforums.com

Feb 22, 2009, 5:59:04 AM2/22/09

Two .56 GB sticks?

From Mars?

Ramón_G_Castañeda@adobeforums.com

Feb 22, 2009, 6:01:37 AM2/22/09
Incidentally, this suggests a new topic for the Typography forum. Never use a decimal point without a number to the left of said point. I bet you any MIT graduate will write 0.56 GB. ;)

Neil_...@adobeforums.com

Feb 22, 2009, 12:42:44 PM2/22/09
Actually, using a zero in front of a decimal is pretty common in Europe. You'll generally see, say, € 0.56, rather than € .56. (But in the States, you often see such idiocy as .25¢ -- just try handing the clerk a penny and telling him he can "keep the change.") <g>

But we digress...

Neil

Ramón_G_Castañeda@adobeforums.com

Feb 22, 2009, 4:43:32 PM2/22/09

using a zero in front of a decimal is pretty common in Europe.

…and everywhere else in the entire world. Try leaving the zero out in scientific papers and you'll be written off as a loon even here in the USA.

Ramón_G_Castañeda@adobeforums.com

Feb 22, 2009, 5:14:58 PM2/22/09
Neil,

Here's a hint: in Spanish the decimal point is referred to as "el punto separador". You have to have something to separate. :D

Neil_...@adobeforums.com

Feb 22, 2009, 7:27:47 PM2/22/09
Actually, I should correct myself...in many parts of the world, the comma is used in place of the American style decimal point. So, € 0,25 would be correct.

Neil

Ramón_G_Castañeda@adobeforums.com

Feb 22, 2009, 7:43:14 PM2/22/09

the comma is used in place of the American style decimal point

Correct.