Quitting PS triggers crash report

William_...@adobeforums.com

Mar 15, 2009, 4:20:26 PM3/15/09
Every time I quit PhotoShop I get crash reporting dialog boxes from both Adobe and Apple. Even though I chose to QUIT, they report that PS quit unexpectedly. I have sent the reports to both Apple and Adobe but nothing ever changes. This has been happening with both CS2 and CS3 for over a year. It isn't debilitating, but slows me down and annoys me. Any suggestions?

I'm running an iMac, 2GHz Intel Core 2 Duo with 4GB Ram, an HP w2207h external monitor. OS 10.5.6.

Ann_She...@adobeforums.com

Mar 15, 2009, 10:58:33 PM3/15/09
This has been found to be related to corrupt Workspaces in some cases.

Try trashing your old ones and creating new ones.

William_...@adobeforums.com

Mar 16, 2009, 1:12:33 PM3/16/09
Nope. I don't have any PhotoShop Workspaces. And someone else suggested turning Version Cue off. That didn't help either. Anything else?

Paul M Norman

Mar 16, 2009, 1:34:00 PM3/16/09
I have been experiencing the same thing with CS3 for quite a while. Glad someone mentioned it - I just keep forgetting to do so.

Ramón_G_Castañeda@adobeforums.com

Mar 16, 2009, 5:36:46 PM3/16/09

turning Version Cue off. That didn't help either

There are several places where Version Cue can be enabled, in Photoshop (by the way it's Photoshop, not PhotoShop) and in Bridge. Check all your preferences in both applications.

William_...@adobeforums.com

Mar 16, 2009, 6:11:54 PM3/16/09
From Adobe Help Viewer, Enable Version Cue File Management:

"If you disable Version Cue file management in one Creative Suite component, you disable it in all other Version Cue-enabled Creative Suite components, except Acrobat, Flash, and Bridge. If you disable Version Cue file management in Bridge, you disable it in all Version Cue-enabled Creative Suite components, except Acrobat and Flash."

Version Cue is turned off in all my CS3 apps. No change.