F1 Help Key - Unexpected Behavior

Greg

Jun 28, 2009, 3:10:39 PM6/28/09
I understand pressing the F1 key in PSE7 is supposed to get me online help
from the Adobe website. However, when I press F1 the URL that appears in my
browser's address window (Firefox) is the following:
http://help.adobe.com/en_US/PhotoshopElements/7.0_Win/search.html?AH_ION=true

All that gets me is a browser window which displays this link:
http://community.adobe.com/help

This is a generic link to ALL Adobe products help. I believe F1 should
instead be taking me to this URL:
http://help.adobe.com/en_US/PhotoshopElements/7.0_Win

Anyone know how to fix this? Thanks.

Greg

Jeffrey Kaplan

Jun 29, 2009, 1:15:13 PM6/29/09

Complain to Adobe?

The Adobe web site is redirecting the URL. The problem is on their
end, there is nothing you can do about it from your end.

--
Jeffrey Kaplan www.gordol.org
Double ROT13 encoded for your protection

"To know what people really think, pay regard to what they do, rather
than what they say." - Rene Descartes

Greg

Jul 2, 2009, 3:23:52 PM7/2/09
On Mon, 29 Jun 2009 17:15:13 +0000, Jeffrey Kaplan <nom...@gordol.org>
wrote:

>Previously on adobe.photoshop.elements, Greg said:
>
>> I understand pressing the F1 key in PSE7 is supposed to get me online help
>> from the Adobe website. However, when I press F1 the URL that appears in my
>> browser's address window (Firefox) is the following:
>> http://help.adobe.com/en_US/PhotoshopElements/7.0_Win/search.html?AH_ION=true
>>
>> All that gets me is a browser window which displays this link:
>> http://community.adobe.com/help
>>
>> This is a generic link to ALL Adobe products help. I believe F1 should
>> instead be taking me to this URL:
>> http://help.adobe.com/en_US/PhotoshopElements/7.0_Win
>>
>> Anyone know how to fix this? Thanks.
>
>Complain to Adobe?
>
>The Adobe web site is redirecting the URL. The problem is on their
>end, there is nothing you can do about it from your end.

Finally found the problem: I had google-analytics blocked in my hosts file!
I have no idea why that would matter, but it does. Removing the block fixed
it.

Greg