support for Twonky or Tversity media senters (not everyone use Microsoft)

Knut_M...@adobeforums.com

Jan 15, 2009, 6:08:36 PM1/15/09
Hi

I have used adobe elements for years and reasonable happy.
spent countless hours tagging my pictures.
Next I want to share my pictures using my tags on my TV, Itouch etc.
Solution is mediaserver like Twonky or Tversity,

I can use Elements with Itunes but not with media servers WHY?

Specifically I want to use elements to tag my pictures, write tags to files (Think its EXIF) and use tags in media server like Twonky or Tversity, or even Microsoft.

Do I really have to use Microsoft instead of adobe to get som interoperability?.

This is what Tonky says
Support for Photoshop Element tags is not currently planned. We decided to support Windows Photo Gallery instead, because it's popular and free.

Regards
Knut

John_Rol...@adobeforums.com

Jan 15, 2009, 7:45:56 PM1/15/09
Knut,

The PSE command File > Write Keyword Tag will write your keyword tags into your files' metadata in industry-standard format (the so-called "EXIF"), precisely so other programs can read them. If the media servers support EXIF/IPTC/XMP keyword tags, they should be able to read your PSE tags.

Knut_M...@adobeforums.com

Jan 16, 2009, 3:27:52 PM1/16/09
Yes I know, the write tag back to files functionality is the very reason I use PSE.
But I can not find any media server that use these tags(EXIF/IPTC/XMP)

Please let me know if it exist any media server that can use
(EXIF/IPTC/XMP)tags

I see new version of PSE can export web type folders.
A natural extension could be that PSE could make playlists, or even better that PSE becomes DLNA compliant.
Really cool to have images go directly from PC to your DLNA TV (Images really look stunning on a 40" LCD)

Thank you for the feedback anyway.
Knut

John_Rol...@adobeforums.com

Jan 17, 2009, 2:23:32 AM1/17/09
I know almost nothing about media servers. But I agree that it's great to share your photos with your family on a big screen. It's like when I was a kid and my dad set up the slide projector (which most people hated but I loved), but it's much easier.

I use Apple TV to view family photos on our HDTV. I export photos from PSE to a folder, and iTunes then syncs that folder to the Apple TV box. (iTunes can also pull photos directly out of PSE, but I've had problems with that in the past, and I find it just as easy simply to export photos into a folder).