PSE 5 Create Menu error message.

amy_...@adobeforums.com

Mar 10, 2009, 1:12:03 PM3/10/09
I clicked on the Create button in edtior. In the drop down menu I selected Photo Layout. I received the following error message:

Could not complete your request because the tag cannot be found in the content catalog.

That error was then displayed each time I clicked an option in the create menu.

I have used this option before, but it has been awhile. Please advise if I need to reinstall the program, and how that will affect
my library.

Has anyone had this problem? Should I reinstall the program? And if I do that will I lose all my catalog info?

VkSh...@adobeforums.com

Apr 3, 2009, 10:20:39 AM4/3/09
Amy,

Reinstallation doesn't touch your catalogs so don't worry about that. So you can try reinstall.

Which version of PSE you are using?

+ Ripple

amy_...@adobeforums.com

Apr 3, 2009, 11:01:36 AM4/3/09
I am using elements 5 - it's too old to get support from Adobe. I guess if I reinstall I'll just lose all my tags and such - right?

Are you V. Sharma on Flickr? You commented on one of my pics the other day - Thanks!

aka mommyandbeyond

VkSh...@adobeforums.com

Apr 3, 2009, 12:33:49 PM4/3/09
No, I am not there on flickr... Recently started using Photoshop.com...

Ideally there should be not loss of Tags/Albums because they are part of Catalog database. So you should not worry.

To be extra safe follow following steps before reinstall:
- Go to File > Catalog
- Repair & Optimize the Catalog
- When done, go to File> Backup Catalog and keep a backup in any disc or on your hard drive. It will keep a copy of your catalog.

Ideally all tags/albums etc are kept safe in catalog database but sometimes they get corrupted in rare cases.

+ Ripple