CR2 and XMP File issues.

Corey_...@adobeforums.com

Mar 11, 2009, 5:58:42 PM3/11/09
I'm an independant contractor working for a local photography studio, and we have run into an issue with sending updated files across the network, over from my external drive, and other such methods. We've working tirelessly for hours to break down what the problem is, and after purging our caches, copying files, making new directories, and trying anything we can think of; we've run into a wall we can't get past.

Our conclusion is that there is an issue with my machine. The major variable is that I run Windows Vista.

If anyone can offer any advice. I don't want the typical "Upgrade to solve your problem" everyone gives. I want some actual help.

John_Co...@adobeforums.com

Mar 11, 2009, 6:38:25 PM3/11/09
What is the issue?

Ramón_G_Castañeda@adobeforums.com

Mar 11, 2009, 7:24:49 PM3/11/09
CLICK HERE <http://www.adobeforums.com/webx?50@@.2cd06cd9> for advice on how to ask your question correctly for quicker answers. Thanks!

Silkr...@adobeforums.com

Mar 11, 2009, 8:05:10 PM3/11/09
How are you transferring your files? With Explorer, bridge or version cue? A different program?

Corey_...@adobeforums.com

Mar 12, 2009, 10:19:20 AM3/12/09
We've tried sending them via Windows File Explorer and Adobe Bridge. After the many attempts with separate files, we think the issue is that there is some problem with Version Updates to the software, or that I'm working on a machine with Windows Vista.

That's the biggest difference between our work machines now that we've both got the newest version of Bridge, Photoshop, and the Raw Editor.

Wade_Zi...@adobeforums.com

Mar 12, 2009, 2:32:21 PM3/12/09
Corey I think the question is what is the issue how is it manifested.

You state you have a problem but what is that problem?

Does i t not save, does it cause a crash, does it become corrupt and how.

N one will be able to help you unless you state the issue precisely and the steps that cause this issue. And if it is repeatable.

So try again.

Ann_She...@adobeforums.com

Mar 12, 2009, 3:25:53 PM3/12/09
Could this be due to the way that you have set-up (or not set-up!) File Sharing between the two computers?

Corey_...@adobeforums.com

Mar 12, 2009, 3:47:52 PM3/12/09
It's all run through the server or an external hard drive. We think we found the solution though.

We tried to roll back out Camera Raw version to the 4.4 update since my employer uses Canon cameras and has issues with new version.

Unfortunately we had to scrap the projects I had finished for him, but we're cutting our losses and moving ahead. Neither him or I can sacrifice more time into solving problems and getting this resolved.

Thank you for the help.

Wade_Zi...@adobeforums.com

Mar 12, 2009, 9:47:29 PM3/12/09
Another satisfied customer!