sound waves

20...@adobeforums.com

Jan 18, 2009, 6:05:48 PM1/18/09
does anybody knows how can I make sound waves,please?
or if there is a sound wave generator which can be vectorised?

thank you

joe_cu...@adobeforums.com

Jan 19, 2009, 2:51:50 AM1/19/09
As sound waves are invisible it's up to you and your imagination to visualize them. There are a number of ways they are generally depicted (sine waves, concentric circles, etc.) therefore we would need to know which method you are needing help with. A sketch?

20...@adobeforums.com

Jan 19, 2009, 4:54:24 AM1/19/09

joe_cu...@adobeforums.com

Jan 19, 2009, 6:53:05 AM1/19/09
The first two can be created using the Scribble Effect (Draw a line or path and go to Effect>Stylize>Scribble), the third by a Blend. Draw two curved lines, select both and go to Object>Blend>Make (Open the Blend Options Panel and choose Specified Steps).

20...@adobeforums.com

Jan 19, 2009, 9:22:43 AM1/19/09
thank u,great help

with which tool(not the pen one) I can do a good curves,please

joe_cu...@adobeforums.com

Jan 19, 2009, 9:27:06 AM1/19/09
The Arc Tool will do a curve if you insist on not doing any drawing whatsoever. The Pen is essential for using Illustrator.

Art

Jan 21, 2009, 4:23:14 PM1/21/09
I've needed this effect many times, like on my web site, http://voices.cc

Usually I put some audio into Adobe Audition and do a screen grab. Many
computers now have Audacity, and audio recorder which can generate a nice
trace. Best would probably be to download GoldWave, a full-featured audio
editor. It's forty bucks, but you can download for free and use it for a
while.

Even if you're not set up to record, you can open existing .wav or .mp3
files into it, and splice and edit til you come up with one that looks the
way you want. Then press your Print Screen key, drop in Photoshop and
edit.

PS...naturally, this is all raster, and for detail you'll want to make the
audio trace close to full-screen. As for vector, I do not know of any audio
program which will do it, but you can capture the audio track image,
magic-wand select the whole audio trace by color, remove it from the image
and paste it into Illustrator, where you can trace or autotrace to make your
vector.

<20...@adobeforums.com> wrote in message

h.lu...@gmail.com

Jul 20, 2013, 8:42:48 PM7/20/13