Win NT and Atmosphere

Paolo Nagliati

Jun 27, 2002, 6:32:27 PM6/27/02
1) Win NT is compatible with Atmosphere ?

2) i have a subworld. I would to move this along a path not directed: es: A -B - D - A. Is possible ?

Tnx, Paolo

karen jacobs

Jun 27, 2002, 7:40:10 PM6/27/02
Hi Paolo

I don't think you can use win NT with Atmosphere . . .

Someone else will have to answer question number 2.

I never did have any luck getting to R2D2 -- couldn't find any way around . . . ;o) --kj

Paolo Nagliati

Jun 28, 2002, 6:32:16 AM6/28/02
Ok, work in progress.. sorry

the wire cable, no ?

OR

plptnvdrbbftt in chat (until the final version ;-) )

Paolo

Unknown

Jun 28, 2002, 8:06:41 AM6/28/02
They stopped supporting NT after Atmosphere started doing really bad things to NT systems last summer.

Nequiem Nonsuch

Jun 28, 2002, 9:38:06 PM6/28/02

Laurence Tux

Jun 28, 2002, 10:34:37 PM6/28/02
It doesn't seem to do anythng bad in Linux... tee hee hee! :)
okay mr magic how do you do this???

Joseph F. De Costa

Jun 28, 2002, 11:43:05 PM6/28/02
On one of the older builds, I actually installed Atmosphere on the Windows 98 Partition, and ran the builder and browser on the NT4 partition without any difficulty. (I have a dual-boot system). Guess I was lucky it didn't corrupt any files...but it did work fine for me with that configuration.

Could not do this with build 67... for obvious reasons stated above. I have also tested it on Windows 2000, and it runs fine without any problems. One thing about Windows 2000 though... it keeps freezing on other programs... No problems with atmosphere though... In fact, I usually leave my system running all the time (unless there is a thunderstorm)... and Windows 2000 would still freeze up at random even without anything running (except for the firewall and anti-virus software). I decided to go back to NT4 for the time being, and run Atmosphere after choosing the Boot option for Windows 98. This is the only solution I came up with -- at least for now. I don't know anything about the linux operating system... however, I have so much software that runs on Windows 98/NT/2000... that I will likely keep what I have.. at least for the next few years.

Nequiem Nonsuch

Jun 29, 2002, 12:20:03 AM6/29/02
Come now Tux, we don't want to make Billy G. mad, do we? I used the latest version of Wine! Next time I see you in Atmo, I'll give you the rundown. I was just kidding actually. It does work (poorly), but Atmo was designed for Bill's Operating System and should only be used in that environment. Have a lovely day.

Michaelcov

Jun 29, 2002, 5:04:44 AM6/29/02
2) i have a subworld. I would to move this along a path not directed: es: A -B - D - A. Is possible ?

Hi Paolo.
I personally think you will be better off waiting until the new JS API comes out, but anyway, did you want the subworld (model :) say, from left to right, a continuous movement, or in steps?

Michael J Hall

Paolo Nagliati

Jun 29, 2002, 4:14:19 PM6/29/02
Hi Paolo. I personally think you will be better >off waiting until the new JS API comes >out, but anyway, did you want the >subworld (model :) say, from left to >right, a continuous movement, or in >steps?

Tnx Michael :-)

my english is still bad :_ ) , explains better with a picture, ok ?

Paolo

PS: July (maybe..) : "Fuga da Hoth" from "http://digilander.iol.it/hvsx" to "http://utenti.lycos.it/atmogames" :-)

Aero

Jun 29, 2002, 5:24:22 PM6/29/02
hmm looks like you might want a rotation :)

Paolo Nagliati

Jun 29, 2002, 8:45:36 PM6/29/02
.. around a "Corellian transport" :-) like the battle in "Starwars: A new hope" (after the Leia's escape from "Death Star") - TIEs vs Millennium Falcon

Paolo Nagliati

Jun 29, 2002, 8:49:57 PM6/29/02
"The penguin can see you" :-D

Nequiem Nonsuch

Jun 30, 2002, 11:14:35 PM6/30/02
Lawrence, you old sea dog! Why do I never see you in Atmo anymore? Come by and visit sometime, eh? We should Konquer many topics that Gnome man should utter but with a glass of Wine. :)

-neq

Paolo Nagliati

Jul 1, 2002, 10:36:18 AM7/1/02

Nequiem Nonsuch