A day as a Zombie

3hm

Apr 11, 2003, 5:08:40 AM4/11/03
I know everybody here is dying to hear what a typical day at the office is like for the Atmo devteam. Could you please give us a hint on what you guys are up to?

superted

Apr 11, 2003, 5:36:33 AM4/11/03

12:05 work 11:00 coffee 11:05 work 16:00 coffee

lol wow they can even go back in time ;)

Stewart Bocking

Apr 11, 2003, 5:16:40 AM4/11/03
I'm assuming its something like:

12:00 coffee

12:05 work
11:00 coffee
11:05 work
16:00 coffee

16:05 work
17:00 eat brains
17:30 coffee
17:35 work
21:00 coffee and brains
21:35 work
23:00 coffee
23:05 work

3hm

Apr 11, 2003, 7:10:18 AM4/11/03
That would explain the abstract "2 weeks".

Jim Coe

Apr 11, 2003, 11:25:28 AM4/11/03
I read last night in a medical journal that excessive coffee is "more than 5 cups a day" and that sustained excess causes wildly varing symptoms that most doctors mistake for mental illness, heart disease and other stuff (which does not respond to therapy).

Some of us better cut back?

If you think you're sick, try no coffee (or other such) for 36 hours.

Daniel Presedo

Apr 11, 2003, 12:04:04 PM4/11/03
This is pretty close, though I would substitute the coffe with a popsicle dipped in diet pepsi....
1:00am work
4:00am sleep
4:02am work
12:00PM stare at the wall dream of brains.
12:05 work
11:00 coffee and dreaming of eyeballs and popcorn.
11:05 work
16:00 snack on eyeballs

16:05 work
17:00 eat brains
17:30 coffee
17:35 work
21:00 coffee and brains
21:35 work
23:00 Another eyeballs snack
23:09 work

There you have it Life in Atmosphere.

DanieL

Michaelcov

Apr 11, 2003, 3:09:53 PM4/11/03
LOL! oh dear :-D

Satterfield

Apr 11, 2003, 4:08:31 PM4/11/03
I'm going to get beat-up for this, but...

Speaking of coffee drinking and mental illness.

There was a 30 year study that came out last year that said; women who drink coffee keep their cognitive abilities into old age.

However, this same study said that drinking coffee made no diffence in men's cognitive abilities.

What does that tell ya?

Daniel Presedo

Apr 11, 2003, 4:47:11 PM4/11/03
What about eating Brains and Eyeballs?

DanieL

Scented Nectar

Apr 11, 2003, 5:36:53 PM4/11/03
What about a coffee, brains and eyeball smoothie? I think I saw something like that on Iron Chef once. Yickkh

NINTH MONK

Apr 11, 2003, 5:49:12 PM4/11/03
- from a recipe site found on google search...

"D-, Here's one my Grandmother passed down in the Great Depression
which she claimed allowed us to survive the War of Northern Imperialism.
She used to complain when my Dad would "head shoot" them.(the only
acceptable way of a rifleman). She and others liked the heads better
than the rest. I can remember them sucking the brains and eyeballs out.
In black powder/round ball days they claimed to "bark squirrels" by
shooting under the bark of a tree hugging squirrel, not at the animal,
and causing the bark to pop up and kill it. Wouldn't damage any meat. I
never could get it to work with smokeless powder/ogived projectiles.
How about just using Hav-A-Hart traps?...

... Grandpaw said it was "goodnuf to make your tongue slap your brains out"
or "only thing it needs is eatin'"

(Yick! Personally.. I'll just take my chances with the coffee I think!).

Jim

Erik C

Apr 11, 2003, 10:24:50 PM4/11/03

However, this same study said that drinking coffee made no diffence in
men's cognitive abilities.

it means that we men have no discernible cognitive abilities? :)

Speaking as the resident Melbournian Mayan site virtual reconstructivist the Mayans had such strong bitter cocoa that they entered a near hallucinatory state.

Coffee can reduce small headaches. But coffee withdrawal can cause headaches.(Therefore don't give up coffee!) Coffee is also bad for photography--makes hands quiver! Then again there are some possible medical benefits.

This brings me back to Adobe Atmosphere. For the next builder - available this week no doubt :) - could there ever be an add on smell component?

Before you all sniff at this there were at least 2 internet 'smell' companies (one in Tel Aviv I believe)-would other people be interested in this the most powerful recollective sense?

And no Jim, I don't know what 'magenta' smells like..:)
Erik
PS you are only addicted if mere typing 'coffee' makes you go and get some. Hmm. back soon.

Satterfield

Apr 11, 2003, 11:02:46 PM4/11/03
I don't drink coffee but love the smell :)

Love those Oreo coffee and cream cookies :))

Daniel Presedo

Apr 12, 2003, 1:40:48 AM4/12/03

>the Mayans had such strong bitter cocoa that they entered a near hallucinatory
state<<

Can I have someone deliver this to our floor, might speed up the release!

DanieL

Benjamin Jordan

Apr 12, 2003, 2:09:55 AM4/12/03

the Mayans had such strong bitter cocoa that they entered a near hallucinatory

state.

Any tidbits about the Myans and the habanero Erik? My drug of choice right now is El Yucateco XXXtra Hot (Original Myan Recipe) <http://www.mohotta.com/product.php?pid=315&cid=6>, which I suggest the zombies use on a regular basis although you may not be regular after using it ;-) What a high, and I've heard that habanero goes well with eyeballs too.

Erik C

Apr 12, 2003, 4:26:06 AM4/12/03
hmm well in a similar vein the history of cocoa (cacao) bean as chocolate:
<http://www.cbc.ca/news/indepth/chocolate/history.html>

I sholud stress though coffee is related (via Yemen) I am really talking about headkicking cocoa.

From what I understand but have never tasted there is a bitter chocolate (cacao bean) mixed with fruit nectar the Mayans drank -kind of a hallucinogen-fruit smoothie.

If anyone finds a receipe or creator of Maize beer (Mayan corn beer) please let me know!
For a not so verifiable receipe (and implied health benefits-believe at your own risk)
<http://www.ambergriscaye.com/pages/mayan/cacao.html>

Atmospherics

Apr 12, 2003, 9:23:08 AM4/12/03

This is pretty close, though I would substitute the coffe with a popsicle
dipped in diet pepsi....

Hmmm.. and you wonder about the wisdom of consuming brains and eyeballs? Why they're nothing more than standard fare for hordes of undiscerning sausage and burger eaters almost daily.

;-) Please try to avoid all of these, At least while you're working on this beta!

Hit the cocoa hard- add three heaped desert spoonfulls to a pint of boiling milk, pref milk/water or soya milk.. not much sugar- *raw cane only*, or honey is nice. This is perfect as the first drink of the day and throughout the day when into Atmosphere because it focuses the mind while it stimulates the imagination. BTW I wouldn't recommend doing it every day of the week.

Eddie

Agnes Davey

Apr 12, 2003, 1:05:37 PM4/12/03
Sausages are made of brains and eye-balls? And there I was thinking they were made of **** and ***-*****

Stewart Bocking

Apr 12, 2003, 2:39:32 PM4/12/03
"the Mayans had such strong bitter cocoa that they entered a near hallucinatory state"

been there, done that, certainly don't recommend it. LOL

Before I gave up caffeine I was drinking something called "hot lava java" by the pint and brewing it at very thick espresso strength.

If you need a serious caffeine kick and are not worried about heart failure,paranoia,jitters and insomnia I would try that. :)

Tweex

3hm

Apr 12, 2003, 5:56:41 PM4/12/03
This topic has taken a strange twist! lol

Atmospherics

Apr 12, 2003, 7:15:29 PM4/12/03

Sausages are made of brains and eye-balls? And there I was thinking they
were made of **** and ***-*****

Argh! PML! Prolly those too Agnes!! (:-O)

Eddie

Laurence Tux

Apr 12, 2003, 7:48:12 PM4/12/03
so how close is this stuff to the "magic" limit of 10 grams??