Reverse page order in PDF document.

Deos...@adobeforums.com

May 26, 2005, 1:45:52 PM5/26/05
I've scanned a batch of daily reports to PDF only to realize that they are in the wrong order. Can I reverse the order of the pages.

Jan_Sc...@adobeforums.com

May 26, 2005, 1:55:58 PM5/26/05
You can manually manipulate the pages to whichever order you wish by utilizing the PAGES Navigation Tab.

Gerard...@adobeforums.com

May 26, 2005, 1:56:07 PM5/26/05
Hi there

I bought Arts pdf aerialist from PDFStore last year and Sean Stewart from the Arts PDF Team sorted out a piece of javascipt tied to a button that did this very thing (reversed the order of the pages scanned). I've forgotten how the actual button was installed BUT it was well worth the money for PDF Aerialist for that button alone. I have made a recent posting about the HP 5590 scanner and acrobat that will explain more, if you search this forum for it.

Gerard Murphy

Reinhar...@adobeforums.com

May 26, 2005, 3:54:00 PM5/26/05
Here a Java Script that will arrange pages reverse. You may execute it via JS-Console.

for (i=this.numPages-1;i>=0;i--)
this.movePage(i);

HTH, Reinhard

TODD_...@adobeforums.com

May 26, 2005, 6:46:31 PM5/26/05
JS-Console - is this part of the SDK pack or is it installed with AA7.0.1 pro?

TOWE

Aandi_...@adobeforums.com

May 26, 2005, 7:00:14 PM5/26/05
The JavaScript console is built into Acrobat. Advanced > JavaScript >
Debugger.

Aandi Inston

Deos...@adobeforums.com

May 27, 2005, 4:04:00 PM5/27/05
Thanks Frankie...but i'm using AA5. Will the JS Console thing work? How do I go about getting this. The AA5 is the Company's choice of use.

Deosaran.

Reinhar...@adobeforums.com

May 27, 2005, 6:22:13 PM5/27/05
I work also with AA5. In Acrobat press {CTRL}+{J} to activate the JS-Console. Delete the text in it and copy above JS in. Mark (highlight) the JS you copied in and press {CTRL}+{Enter} or only {enter} on the NumPad. Then your pages are reversed. Don't forget to save.

If you do it more often you should set up a own menuitem for it = one line more. See JS-Help, App-Object, addSubMenu. If you need help with this let me know.

HTH, Reinhard