Can Acrobat Pro convert text to outlines?

lark...@adobeforums.com

Mar 19, 2009, 8:29:18 AM3/19/09
Sometimes I have to pull stuff out of a PDF or open a PDF in Illustrator and if the fonts are not on my computer, then i lose the look of that font. Is there any way for Acrobat Pro to convert those text to outlines so I could edit things better?

Kenneth...@adobeforums.com

Mar 19, 2009, 9:11:29 AM3/19/09
I only know of one way of doing that.
Create a new Transparency Flattner Preset that converts all text to outlines and apply that to your document.

If there's an easier way I'm all ears myself.

Bill@VT

Mar 19, 2009, 4:02:40 PM3/19/09
You used to be able to select the outline fonts in the as one of the print fonts to be used in place of the TTF. That way when you print to a new PDF, the fonts are replaced by an outline font. It may be that will do the job for you.

Simo...@adobeforums.com

Mar 20, 2009, 9:49:09 AM3/20/09
adding some transparency (via watermark or a background) if none is present in the pdf then using the transparency flattner, is a much better way Bill.

Other methods will mean 3rd party plugins.