content type="xhtml" has to have a <div>

Evan Prodromou

Feb 21, 2010, 9:10:44 AM2/21/10
to Activity Streams
Quick note for the editors: the example entry used to illustrate
activity verbs, here:

http://martin.atkins.me.uk/specs/activitystreams/atomactivity#activityverbelement

...is technically invalid.

<content type="xhtml">Geraldine just committed a change to yate on
VersionCentral</content>

It uses <content type="xhtml">, which, per the Atom spec, MUST contain
a single XHTML <div> element.

http://atompub.org/rfc4287.html#rfc.section.4.1.3.3

This could be fixed either by adding a <div> element

<content type="xhtml"><div>Geraldine just committed a change to
yate on VersionCentral</div></content>

or by changing the type to "html" or "text" or just leaving it off
(default is "text"):

<content>Geraldine just committed a change to yate on
VersionCentral</content>

Not a huge deal, obviously, and I think many processors will accept
"xhtml" as if it were "html", but I noticed it during testing and
thought it'd be good to make a note.

-Evan

Chris Messina

Feb 21, 2010, 2:08:14 PM2/21/10
to activity...@googlegroups.com
Good catch!

I made this change in my branch (whohoo, I'm using Git!):

Chris

Chris Messina
Open Web Advocate, Google

Personal: http://factoryjoe.com
Follow me on Buzz: http://buzz.google.com/chrismessina
...or Twitter: http://twitter.com/chrismessina

This email is:   [ ] shareable    [X] ask first   [ ] private

Bill de hOra

Feb 21, 2010, 2:41:53 PM2/21/10
to activity...@googlegroups.com
+<content type="text/html">