Activity Streams Meetup/Dinner

Monica Keller

Sep 5, 2010, 6:34:20 PM9/5/10
to Activity Streams, Mark W., Chris Messina, Rob Dolin, Martin Atkins, Will Norris, kevin...@gmail.com
Hi Guys
Mark W. will be in town on the 14th and 15th of September. I think
this would be a good opportunity for us to get together and share what
we have been working on related to Activity Streams and do some
hacking and the dicussing changes to the spec based on our
experiences.

If you are interested in showing what you have been working on to get
feedback or seeing what others are up to and discuss the spec please
sign up so we can decide if we should do it for one day or 2 days.

Other topics welcome !

http://wiki.activitystrea.ms/Events

Rob Dolin

Sep 5, 2010, 6:45:24 PM9/5/10
to activity...@googlegroups.com, Mark W., Chris Messina, Martin Atkins, Will Norris, kevin...@gmail.com
I have a conflict in Seattle on Tuesday the 14th but I might be able to fly down for a dinner meeting on Wednesday the 15th.

Other topics welcome !

http://wiki.activitystrea.ms/Events

Mark W.

Sep 7, 2010, 6:40:32 PM9/7/10
to Activity Streams, opensocial-an...@googlegroups.com, Jonathan LeBlanc, Christopher Cole
The 15th would work great, especially if Rob's able to join us.

I'd definitely like to show is some of the integration that we've been
doing with OpenSocial and how we've started to bring in Activity
Streams. The code is actually already part of Apache Shindig, so for
those that want to take an early look at this, it's already out
there.

If it's possible, there are a couple of additional use cases that
we've been talking about as well inside of IBM, e.g. Tags (http://
wiki.opensocial.org/index.php?title=Merge/
incorporate_Activity_Streams_into_OpenSocial#Tags) that we'd like to
get on the table and start some discussion on.

Thanks a bunch in advance for being flexible and willing to meet on
short notice.

I'm looking forward to it!

-Mark W.

On Sep 5, 6:45 pm, Rob Dolin <robdo...@microsoft.com> wrote:
> I have a conflict in Seattle on Tuesday the 14th but I might be able to fly down for a dinner meeting on Wednesday the 15th.

Chris Messina

Sep 7, 2010, 10:55:40 PM9/7/10
to Activity Streams
The 15th looks good for me.

Would SocialCast be willing to host? ;)

Monica Wilkinson

Sep 7, 2010, 11:29:11 PM9/7/10
to activity...@googlegroups.com, Activity Streams
Yes we can do at our office how does 7pm sound ?

Monica Wilkinson
@ciberch

Chris Messina

Sep 8, 2010, 11:19:54 AM9/8/10
to activity...@googlegroups.com
WFM! Let's do it.
--
Chris Messina
Open Web Advocate, Google

Personal: http://factoryjoe.com
Follow me on Buzz: http://buzz.google.com/chrismessina
...or Twitter: http://twitter.com/chrismessina

This email is:   [ ] shareable    [X] ask first   [ ] private

Greg Biggers

Sep 8, 2010, 11:48:16 AM9/8/10
to activity...@googlegroups.com
I think I'm in.

gb

Greg Biggers
Chief Instigator & CEO
Genomera: Participative Health Communities
@bigs

Christian Crumlish

Sep 9, 2010, 11:20:38 AM9/9/10
to activity...@googlegroups.com
bleagh! someday I'll make it... but this is the day after BayCHI and
I'm too lame to go out two work nights in a row :/

-x-

>>> Yes we can do at our office how does 7pm sound ?
>>>
>>> Monica Wilkinson
>>> @ciberch

Rob Dolin

Sep 9, 2010, 3:18:43 PM9/9/10
to activity...@googlegroups.com
Hey all,
I've updated the Events wiki page (http://wiki.activitystrea.ms/Events) with date/time/location/RSVP's as discussed on this thread. On the wiki page each item links to the thread where it is discussed. Please feel free to add more agenda items. Thanks very much--
--Rob

(Text copy of http://wiki.activitystrea.ms/Events)
Activity Streams Meetup/Dinner
•Date/Time: Wednesday, September 15th, 7pm-10pm
•Location: Socialcast office (Address?)
•Attendees (as of 9/9): Monica W., Chris M., Mark W., Rob D. (tentative), Greg B.
•Tentative Agenda:
◦Text tags proposal (Mark W.)
◦Finalizing Atom Activity Extensions 1.0 (Rob D., et. al.)
◦Mark-up for re-sharing (Chris M., et. al.)
◦More?

Chris Messina

Sep 9, 2010, 10:37:03 PM9/9/10
to activity...@googlegroups.com
Looks good so far. I'm very much backlogged on the list issues, but it would be great if we could surface any remaining issues or nits and put them to rest for good with the 1.0 release of the spec.

Thanks for leading that effort, Rob!

Chris

Julien Genestoux

Sep 14, 2010, 8:36:27 PM9/14/10
to activity...@googlegroups.com
I'd love to join... if that's ok :)

Ju

Monica Keller

Sep 14, 2010, 9:35:30 PM9/14/10
to Activity Streams
Yes please !

On Sep 14, 5:36 pm, Julien Genestoux <julien.genest...@gmail.com>
wrote:
> I'd love to join... if that's ok :)
>
> Ju
>
> On Thu, Sep 9, 2010 at 7:37 PM, Chris Messina <chris.mess...@gmail.com>wrote:
>
> > Looks good so far. I'm very much backlogged on the list issues, but it
> > would be great if we could surface any remaining issues or nits and put them
> > to rest for good with the 1.0 release of the spec.
>
> > Thanks for leading that effort, Rob!
>
> > Chris
>
> > On Thu, Sep 9, 2010 at 12:18 PM, Rob Dolin <robdo...@microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> >> Hey all,
> >>    I've updated the Events wiki page (http://wiki.activitystrea.ms/Events)
> >> with date/time/location/RSVP's as discussed on this thread.  On the wiki
> >> page each item links to the thread where it is discussed.  Please feel free
> >> to add more agenda items.  Thanks very much--
> >> --Rob
>
> >> (Text copy ofhttp://wiki.activitystrea.ms/Events)
> >> activity-strea...@googlegroups.com<activity-streams%2Bunsu...@googlegroups.com>
> >> .
> >> For more options, visit this group at
> >>http://groups.google.com/group/activity-streams?hl=en.
>
> >> --
>
> > --
> > Chris Messina
> > Open Web Advocate, Google
>
> > Personal:http://factoryjoe.com
> > Follow me on Buzz:http://buzz.google.com/chrismessina
> > ...or Twitter:http://twitter.com/chrismessina
>
> > This email is:   [ ] shareable    [X] ask first   [ ] private
>
> > --
> > .

Chris Messina

Sep 14, 2010, 9:39:26 PM9/14/10
to activity...@googlegroups.com
Hey Monica,

What's the plan for food? You want to order pizza? Google would be willing to help sponsor a pie or two!

Chris

Monica Keller

Sep 14, 2010, 9:39:40 PM9/14/10
to Activity Streams
Expecting all of you tomorrow at 7pm at Socialcast

We are ordering really delicious Pizza and will also provide drinks

19 South Park Street
San Francisco, CA 94107
http://www.socialcast.com

Update the team with your agenda here: