.rhtml formatting in Eclipse

Open individual

Sep 28, 2007, 5:04:08 AM9/28/07
to ActiveScaffold : Ruby on Rails plugin
Hi everyone,

I have downloaded a few plugins for .rhtml formatting.

I have installed them and followed the howto's but have had no success
in getting them to work.

I am working in Eclipse.

I have set the editor to RHTML for the .rhtml extensions.

But when I right click on a opened .rhtml file I do not get the
"Source > Format" option I get in in .rb files.

This is so frustrating manually tabbing when I edit the .rhtml files
for AS.

Has anyone got this working.

Thanks for the help.

Uncle Mike

CCH

Sep 28, 2007, 5:18:12 AM9/28/07
to ActiveScaffold : Ruby on Rails plugin
Hi Uncle Mike

I think you need Aptana RadRails...

Open individual

Sep 28, 2007, 5:23:01 AM9/28/07
to ActiveScaffold : Ruby on Rails plugin
Thanks CCH,

Let me check it out.

I have it installed but let me first try and edit the Eclipse settings.

Open individual

Sep 28, 2007, 5:28:29 AM9/28/07
to ActiveScaffold : Ruby on Rails plugin
Looks like the Aptana plugin also does not have a rhtml editor.

Does anyone reformat their .rhtml files a different way.

The problem is that I get no Source > Format option when I right click
any .rhtml file.

CCH

Sep 28, 2007, 8:49:36 AM9/28/07
to ActiveScaffold : Ruby on Rails plugin
Hi Uncle Mike

Not being an AS issue, you may get an answer on the Ruby on Rails:Talk
group :-)

CCH

Sep 28, 2007, 1:27:58 PM9/28/07
to ActiveScaffold : Ruby on Rails plugin
Hi Uncle Mike

I am now taking 3rdRail, the commercial IDE from CodeGear for a drive.
Yes, the is a format source open when one right clicks in a rhtml
file.

Why don't you download the trial and check it out ?

Before you can ask, Yes, 3rdRail is also eclipse-based.

CCH

Sep 29, 2007, 10:37:20 AM9/29/07
to ActiveScaffold : Ruby on Rails plugin
Hi Uncle Mike

You should also take a serious look at nbrubyide which appears to have
great editors for
a) rhtml
b) css
c) rb

All 3 have code formatters but nbrubyide is not eclispe based.

> > any .rhtml file.- Hide quoted text -

Tim Harper

Sep 29, 2007, 4:23:08 PM9/29/07
to actives...@googlegroups.com
Lemme chime in here and say I love aptana radrails. I tried 3rdRail, and it
felt "clunky". The code complete is excellent in it, but it's also pretty
slow.

Aptana's code complete, go to declaration, combined with eclipse's textual
complete are great enough for me. Plus, radrails gives you a neat little
tool for running unit tests that kicks the pants off running them in a
console window.

Tim

CCH

Sep 29, 2007, 10:14:33 PM9/29/07
to ActiveScaffold : Ruby on Rails plugin
Hi Tim

On Sep 30, 4:23 am, "Tim Harper" <timchar...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Lemme chime in here and say I love aptana radrails. I tried 3rdRail, and it
> felt "clunky". The code complete is excellent in it, but it's also pretty
> slow.

cch: I agree...

> Aptana's code complete, go to declaration, combined with eclipse's textual
> complete are great enough for me. Plus, radrails gives you a neat little
> tool for running unit tests that kicks the pants off running them in a
> console window.

cch: Did you check out the "Moving from Aptana to 3rdRail" and the
"Code Completion - How Complete ?" threads in Ruby on Rails : Talk
Google Group ? If not check it :-)

Open individual

Oct 5, 2007, 2:44:50 AM10/5/07
to ActiveScaffold : Ruby on Rails plugin
Got the formatting to work.

All that was needed was to refresh the actual project by right
clicking an selecting refresh.

Simple mistake actually.

I am sure others out there use Eclipse so I have mentioned this to
help them.

What is strange is that Eclipse does not refresh the project when
restarted.

CASE CLOSED

Uncle Mike

CCH

Oct 8, 2007, 6:08:49 AM10/8/07
to ActiveScaffold : Ruby on Rails plugin
Hi Uncle Mike

What exactly are you using as a Rails/Ruby IDE ?
Eclipse fro Rails ?

Open individual

Oct 8, 2007, 7:27:30 AM10/8/07
to ActiveScaffold : Ruby on Rails plugin
Yes