Activescaffold issues with mac?

1 view

josh

Jul 12, 2007, 1:45:44 AM7/12/07
to ActiveScaffold : Ruby on Rails plugin
So I'm having a strange problem. I'm part of a team of developers
working with Ruby on Rails and activescaffold on an open source
project. Two of us are using mac's, which up until now was fine. But
it seems that recently we are experiencing some craziness. Basically
when I start my local server, be it Webrick, or Mongrel, I try to
navigate to one of my controllers with any browser, I get the
following error:

NoMethodError in Bus admin/bus accountController#login

protected method `crud_type=' called for
ActiveScaffold::Config::List:Class
RAILS_ROOT: script/../config/..

vendor/plugins/active_scaffold/lib/config/core.rb:132:in
`method_missing'
vendor/plugins/active_scaffold/lib/config/list.rb:3
(eval):1:in `method_missing'
app/controllers/bus_admin/bus_account_controller.rb:13:in `eval'
app/controllers/bus_admin/bus_account_controller.rb:13
app/controllers/bus_admin/bus_account_controller.rb:9:in
`instance_eval'
app/controllers/bus_admin/bus_account_controller.rb:9
-e:4:in `load'
-e:4

I'm tracing this error back to activescaffold. The only thing that we
can think of that recently was added was a the active scaffold date
selector. Now this only happens when loaded on a mac; no problems
have come up with any windows machine. We are guessing that it might
have something to do with the local server.

Anyhow if anyone has experienced this before, or has any suggestions
it would be appreciated.

Thanks

Lance Ivy

Jul 12, 2007, 12:32:04 PM7/12/07
to actives...@googlegroups.com
It really shouldn't be a mac vs windows thing. Are all your library versions the same?

Also, what's on lines 9-13 of your bus_account_controller?

josh

Jul 12, 2007, 3:48:21 PM7/12/07
to ActiveScaffold : Ruby on Rails plugin
I assume you mean the lib folders are the same? In which case yes,
becuase everything is stored in a repository.

bus_account lines 9 through 13 is just the code to initalize active
scaffold, configuring some columns. Note that this error occurs with
all of the other controllers as well (that use activescaffold)

So a fresh copy from the repository opened on a PC, no problems.
A fresh copy on a mac, it breaks and gives that error. However, if
you refresh, or try to navigate to another controller the error
changes to this:

ArgumentError in Bus admin/contactsController#index

wrong number of arguments (1 for 0)
RAILS_ROOT: script/../config/..

vendor/plugins/active_scaffold/lib/config/core.rb:132:in `initialize'
vendor/plugins/active_scaffold/lib/config/core.rb:132:in `new'
vendor/plugins/active_scaffold/lib/config/core.rb:132:in
`method_missing'
app/controllers/bus_admin/contacts_controller.rb:6
app/controllers/bus_admin/contacts_controller.rb:4:in `instance_eval'
app/controllers/bus_admin/contacts_controller.rb:4

-e:4:in `load'
-e:4

Request

Parameters: None

Show session dump

Response

Headers: {"cookie"=>[], "Cache-Control"=>"no-cache"}

Baffled. Any ideas?

On Jul 12, 10:32 am, "Lance Ivy" <l...@cainlevy.net> wrote:
> It really shouldn't be a mac vs windows thing. Are all your library versions
> the same?
>
> Also, what's on lines 9-13 of your bus_account_controller?

David C

Jul 12, 2007, 4:02:49 PM7/12/07
to ActiveScaffold : Ruby on Rails plugin
Are there any version differences in the installed gems or the version
of ruby?

I remember the version of ruby installed with Mac OS X 10.4.x was
somewhat dated (the system recently died so I have no way of checking
the exact version) and I had to install a copy of ruby 1.8.5 in /usr/
local/bin in order for rails apps to work.

Lance Ivy

Jul 12, 2007, 4:03:27 PM7/12/07
to actives...@googlegroups.com
By libraries I meant ActiveRecord, ActionController, Ruby, etc. I'd be mostly interested in any differences in versions of Ruby.

josh

Jul 12, 2007, 8:08:21 PM7/12/07
to ActiveScaffold : Ruby on Rails plugin
So it was definitely a ruby version issue. For some reason I was
still running verion 1.8.2. I just upgraded to 1.8.6 and adjusting
the aptana to work with it and now its working beautifully.

I'm willing to bet the other guy with the mac is running an older
version as well.

Atleast we know now. Thanks for the help everyone.