ActiveScaffold - undefined method `link' for #<ActiveScaffold

enwood

May 28, 2009, 7:37:47 PM5/28/09
to ActiveScaffold : Ruby on Rails plugin
Has anyone encountered this error message with the ActiveScaffold
plugin?

I'm working on Windows XP (yes) with Ruby 1.8.6 and Rails 2.3.2. I
just created a new, fresh Rails application with a single model
("users"), installed the ActiveScaffold plugin, and followed the other
two steps in the ActiveScaffold Getting Started tutorial.

When I run the app, and browse to the resource (e.g. http://localhost:3000/users)
I immediately see the following:

NoMethodError in UsersController#index

undefined method `link' for #<ActiveScaffold::Config::List:
0x4774e90>

Look familiar? What am I missing? I haven't done anything to the
application except what was required by the tutorial.

Am I the *only* developer trying this plugin under Windows?

Many thanks for any pointers.
Tim

Carl Anderson

May 28, 2009, 9:13:00 PM5/28/09
to actives...@googlegroups.com
No, it now occurs on Linux as well. I updated early this morning and
it worked fine, and then I updated again a little bit ago and started
getting the same error, but I saw you already posted a issue on
github, so I expect it will be fixed soon since it had to be one of
the updates within the last 15 hours at most I think.

Carl

simonS

May 28, 2009, 9:52:11 PM5/28/09
to ActiveScaffold : Ruby on Rails plugin
Please see this thread...
http://groups.google.com/group/activescaffold/browse_thread/thread/d8dca7665dc5b9f2

I hope it gets fixed soon.

On May 28, 4:37 pm, enwood <goo...@enwood.ca> wrote:
> Has anyone encountered this error message with the ActiveScaffold
> plugin?
>
> I'm working on Windows XP (yes) with Ruby 1.8.6 and Rails 2.3.2. I
> just created a new, fresh Rails application with a single model
> ("users"), installed the ActiveScaffold plugin, and followed the other
> two steps in the ActiveScaffold Getting Started tutorial.
>
> When I run the app, and browse to the resource (e.g.http://localhost:3000/users)

enwood

May 28, 2009, 9:59:39 PM5/28/09
to ActiveScaffold : Ruby on Rails plugin
@Carl Anderson: Many thanks, it's always nice to know I'm not alone.
Obviously it was bad timing for me to check out ActiveScaffold when I
did.
@simonS: Thanks, too. I did find your post shortly after posting my
message. It seems regular Google searching hadn't picked up the post
when I was originally hunting for references to the problem.

I'll sit tight and hope the missing file shows up shortly.
Tim