Beta of the next version of the ACL Anthology

Min-Yen Kan

Feb 19, 2012, 8:31:34 AM2/19/12
to acl-an...@googlegroups.com
Praveen and I (Min) would like to invite you to preview the beta version of the new ACL Anthology.  This version has benefited from feedback from many of you, and I hope you will find the current version useful in meeting your information needs for computational linguistics literature.

http://aclantho3.herokuapp.com/

In particular, this new version is database-backed, using ruby on rails to provide views on the database that we have ingested from the raw Anthology files.

- has faceted browsing, by year, venue, SIGs, authors and by
attachments (software, datasets)
- has simple (still under development) author pages (parts provided by AAN)
- allows easy exporting of different formats for bibliographic metadata
- allows discussion and comments on papers via DISQUS
- uses social media plugins to tie the Anthology to your regular
social media intake

We are currently developing methods to allow 3rd parties to provide annotations (in the form of errata, newer versions, machine processed information, such as keywords, citations, etc.) that will also appear on Anthology pages.  We'd love to hear from you about what you think and where it doesn't work properly (with respect to the data, but also your workflows).

We understand that there will be a significant period in which the ACL membership will need to learn how to find their way around the Anthology again, so we will support both the beta and the normal version of the Anthology for at least 2012.  We hope that you find the new service better, and with your feedback, hope to replace the old version by ACL's 50th meeting.

- Min-Yen Kan