alfresco

edwardlobo

Jul 1, 2010, 7:41:51 AM7/1/10
to ABBYY OCR for Linux
With kofax usuable on alfresco is there a way to integrate Abbyyocr.
Currently I just scan and then replace the scanned file with a new
readable pdf file by mounting alfresco smb.
Alfresco then indexes the content. It would be good to be able to
call Abbyyocr directly from Alfresco instead of doing it at cli level.
If this is implemented I can imagine for the price and features a lot
of users would end up buying Abbyyocr as the recognition is far
superior to any other ocr engine that I have tried.

edwardlobo

Jul 1, 2010, 8:46:04 AM7/1/10
to ABBYY OCR for Linux
After some research the following xml with some modifications may work
with abbyyocr in alfresco

http://www.intelliant.fr/en/ocr-transformers-context.xml

I'll check this once I am able to bring the alfresco down to test and
reload

It would be nice if Abbyyocr could be made to use the same file and
input and output for instance if the scanned file is a.pdf the
of=a.pdf and if=a.pdf would be nice

Konstantin Teplinskiy

Jul 1, 2010, 9:24:36 AM7/1/10
to abbyy-ocr...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

If Alfresco API allows to run applications you can run abbyyocr with parameters directly from Alfresco. Another option you can use our FineReader Engine SDK (http://www.abbyy.com/ocr_sdk/) insteed of CLI which can be integrated to your software.

Best regards,
  Kostja

--
Konstantin Teplinskiy,