non root users got : "Error: Error while loading ABBYY FineReader Engine"

Nicolas

Jul 7, 2011, 12:30:18 PM7/7/11
to ABBYY OCR for Linux
Hello,

I'm unable to use abbyy from tomcat, tomcat runs under a non-
privileged user.

Being logged as the tomcat user, when I run :

abbyyocr9 --detectImageOrientation --permitModelAnalysis --
recognitionLanguage French -if test.pdf -f RTF -rtn -of test.rtf

I get :
ABBYY FineReader Engine 9.0 Sample
(c) ABBYY. 2010.

Error: Error while loading ABBYY FineReader Engine.

While running the same command under root work fine.

Some more informations :
It is not a regression, as it does the same with the v8.
I tried under Ubuntu 11.04 64bits and debian 5 64bits

Is there a way to make abbyyocr cli running under unprivilged user ?

Thanks,
Nicolas

Hélène

Jul 27, 2011, 11:56:02 AM7/27/11
to ABBYY OCR for Linux
Hello,

I haved the same problem and the license is not available for
unprivileged user in the folder /var/lib/frengine9/.elf on Ubuntu
10.04. So with more rights on that folder it works perfectly with user
tomcat. I hope it will help you.

Hélène

Ismael cristal Jr

Sep 20, 2012, 4:09:12 AM9/20/12
to abbyy-ocr...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Is there a way where we can copy the whole .elf file to the user's home directory and let the ocr pick it from there?

---
Ish

Svetlana

Sep 24, 2012, 1:33:25 AM9/24/12