Rough Draft "Fighting In The Dark" Chapter 1

Michael "TheZorch" Haney

Mar 28, 2008, 2:44:35 AM3/28/08
to jimb...@yahoogroups.com
This is a new story for the near future which I'd like some C&C on.

==========

The follow story is a work of fan fiction using characters that are
copyrighted and/or trademarked. The purpose of this story is for fan
enjoyment only free of charge. All original content is protected by
Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 2.5 License.

oOOOo

A Special Message from the Author

Blindness is a subject for which I have intimate knowledge. I am Legally
Blind, a term in legalese that means my vision is below 20/200, thus
under US law I am considered as Disabled. Luckily my vision isn't so bad
that I can't enjoy Anime, play computer games (with the aid of a nice
BIG monitor which I got free thanks to Craigslist) and write this story
you are about to read. Nor is my vision getting any worse, I was born
this way and my form of visual disability cannot be corrected with
glasses. I never had to learn Braille, the code-like writing represented
as a combination of raised dots which everyone with either no vision or
severely poor vision learns in special education classes in elementary
school.
I grew up around people with varying degrees of blindness. You may have
heard that those who are blind have enhanced senses of smell, hearing
and touch, but you might have also been told this was just an urban
legend. Its not. I've known people who can walk through buildings using
the sound of their white canes listening to the echoes as they tap them
on the floor to tell where walls are and where people are standing.
People who have no vision what so ever are able to navigate in places
they've never been partially by sound alone, can recognize a person they
know by their unique scent or how they breath or walk, and are able to
read Braille print faster than a sighted person is able to read regular
print. It is truly amazing what they are able to do despite not being
able to see the world as you or even “I” do. So if you see someone on
the street who is blind treat them like any other ordinary person, don't
try to help them unless they ask for it first, and above all don't try
to coddle them because it pisses “us” off. And, if they have a Guide Dog
and its wearing its harness leave him alone because he's working and
doesn't need the distraction.
The “Ranma is blind” concept hasn't been used often in fan fiction. I
recently read a story by FF.net author Vizeerlord which uses this, and
there was another by an author who's name I can't remember which was
really good but was never finished. While Vizeerlord's story is alright,
I think it could have been better. So, I've decided to start my own fan
fiction where Ranma is blind, yet he is able to see due to circumstances
arising from special training. My story is going to be very different
from Vizeerlord's, this isn't an attempt by me to rewrite this story
into something better. No, I have my own ideas as to how this should pan
out. So, please be kind, leave me some constructive C & C, and above all
enjoy.

--TheZorch

oOOOo

Michael “TheZorch” Haney's

“Fighting In The Dark”

oOOOo

PROLOGUE

Saotome Genma tried to pick himself off the ground but a sandaled foot
came down hard on the side of his head pinning him. He tried to sit up,
to push the offending foot off of his person but the person that foot
was attached to was insanely strong. From his vantage point on the
ground he was able to see the pit he had dug, the pit filled with cats
he starved for a week in order to train his one and only son the
unstoppable Nekoken technique.
The plan had been perfect. Dig a large hole, set traps to catch stay
cats in the area, toss them into the hole and starve them for a week,
then wrap the student in fish products and toss him into the pit again
and again until he learns the technique. He was well on his way towards
teaching his five year old son a legendary and nearly unstoppable
martial arts technique when suddenly “they” came out of nowhere.
“They” wore the robes of Buddhist monks and were of varying ages. The
leader was an old man who possessed a regal bearing. A long white beard
which hung down to his waist adorned his ancient, wrinkled face. What
struck Genma as eerie about these Monks was that they never “looked” at
him. Their eyes stared forward, never turning, never looking this way or
that but always straight ahead. Two of the monks were right now pulling
the wooden lid off of the training pit, the sound of cats hissing and
screaming at one another as they fought over the food his son was
wrapped in could be heard. One of the monks dropped into the pit. A
minute later that same monk leapt up out of the pit with a single jump.
In his arms was young Ranma. The little boy whom to Genma was his
one-way ticket to easy retirement was curled up in a ball and shaking
like a leaf. The Saotome patriarch felt disgusted at his progeny's lack
of bravery.

He failed to see the two trails of blood streaming down the boy's face
from his tightly closed eyelids.

“Master Fujiwara,” the young monk who rescued Ranma from the pit said as
he ran his hands over the child's body. “He is badly hurt, I fear he has
been blinded and is bleeding badly from several severe scratches and
bite wounds.”

The old man with the beard sighed heavily. “We were too late. Carry him
please to the temple and take him to the healers quickly.”

The young monk effortless grabbed Ranma into his arms and sprinted off.
“At once, master!” The young and and the boy in his arms were quickly
out of sight.

“What of this one, master?” asked the monk who's foot was holding Genma
pinned to the hard, cold ground. The elderly monk didn't look “at” Genma
as he approached them. Answering a signal which Genma couldn't see the
young monk lifted his foot away.

The overweight martial artist sprang to his feet with a speed which was
astonishing considering the girth of his gut. Genma's first priority was
to get away from these creepy monks and retrieve his son so he could
find another nice secluded place and resume the boy's “training”. He was
not about to let a bunch of monks get in the way of his plans for the
boy, and his cushy future.
It had to be by sheer luck how they came out of nowhere without setting
off his danger sense or without him sensing their approach. He had his
guard down when he was knocked to the ground and held there because he
wasn't expecting an attack. He was careless is all. That is what it had
to be, he was a martial artist trained by the most dreaded of martial
arts masters in the entire world. These monks wouldn't stand a chance
against him fighting at full force, right?
Genma lunged at the old monk first. He was old so taking him down would
be easy, right? His punch drove in hard and fast, a hit that could
shatter a brick wall, but Genma gaped in astonishment as the old monk
nonchalantly reached up and blocked the fist with just an open palm. The
old man didn't flinch, didn't even move his eyes, has he stood there
with his hand up blocking Genma's Fist of the Dragon. The fat martial
artist was shocked to say the least. Only the dreaded master had ever
been able to block “that” punch.

The old monk's face wore a hard expression when he asked, “What kind of
foolish or insane man would try to teach a child the forbidden Nekoken?”
Though his eyes didn't move he gave the impression that he was demanding
an answer. He didn't lower his hand from Genma's still raised fist.

“You can't tell me how I can raise and train my own son!” Genma roared
spinning to deliver a kick to the old monk's midsection. The hand which
had stopped his fist shifted only enough to block the kick and grabbed
his foot holding it in a vice grip. To Genma it was like hitting a solid
wall of stone, the old man's hand didn't move an inch from the impact.

“Such foolish arrogance,” the old monk spat. The hand which caught
Genma's kick lashed out at a speed which was inhuman. Genma felt himself
being thrown through the air. He landed hard and scrambled to his feet,
but before he could attack the old monk again one of the younger monks
grabbed his right arm and twisted it behind his back holding him firm.
The young monk's grip was like that of solid iron.

“Master Fujiwara asked you a question,” the young monk said. Genma tried
to get away but this monk seemed inhumanly strong, he might as well have
been trying to bend steel beam.

“The Nekoken is a forbidden technique for a reason,” the old monk began
as he walked up to Genma, never once looking him in the eye. “It is in
truth a ritual, not a training exercise, to summon a demonic cat spirit
to come and possess the victim transforming them into a mindless
berserker which would ignore all pain and injury, and could not be
stopped except when it is finally killed. Victory would be at a terrible
cost of many lives.” Genma visibly paled but the monk showed no reaction
to this he just kept staring forward in that creepy manner.

The plan, the precious plan, had he ruined the grand plan he and his
best friend had devised so many years ago? Was his son and heir now a
mindless killing machine? For the first time in his life Genma felt like
the fool that he was. Some might say that Saotome Genma was a man
without conscience, but those who truly knew the man knew that he did
possess one. It was just very well hidden and only came out in certain
instances. Instances like this one. Still, even in guilt the ponderous
martial artist only thought of himself rather than for the well being of
the fruit of his loins. There were some things you just couldn't change
about a person no matter how hard you try.

“Have you nothing to say?” the old monk asked him.

Genma cleared his throat, “Will he be alright?” Number one rule when
dealing with people like these, make them think you are truly sorry.
Make them let their guard down and when they least expect it strike hard
and fast. It was a strategy Genma had used for years, he knew it
wouldn't fail him now. Or so he presumed.

The monk turned away and started walking off, “That remains to be seen.
Bring him.” Another young monk grabbed Genma's other arm and the two of
them none too politely ushered him forward.

They walked for what Genma guessed had to have been two or three hours.
They never left the forest, in fact it looked as if they were going
deeper into it. From the position of the sun he guessed they were headed
westward. Finally they reached a clearing which opened up into an
exquisitely maintained garden of flowers and shrubbery. Emerald green
grassy paths made their way through the garden towards a large, ancient
yet well preserved temple built in the old style. The structure was
huge, much larger than most any other Buddhist temple which Genma could
remember. There were other monks out and about tending to the garden. He
could see it wasn't all flowers, that there were a lot of vegetables
growing in the garden as well.
He was pushed along past the temple proper and they came to a serious of
one story buildings built one right next to the other in a square shape.
The sound of battle cries reached Genma's ears. He craned his neck to
look towards the buildings and saw two monks fighting one another with
staffs. On either side several young monks sat in rows, an old monk with
a graying beard seemed to be overseeing the sparing match. Each of them
had the same detached looks in their eyes as if they weren't looking at
what was doing on. He looked ahead to where they were going and saw they
were headed for a low building separated from the rest which was built
of stone. The building had a single door and no windows except on the
door itself. The door looked like it was built from iron and was locked
by a metal bar which hung across it.

Genma was really starting to get a very bad feeling about all of this.
He tried to struggle away from the two monks pushing him along but
couldn't break their hold on him. He yelled out, “Where are you taking
me?! Who are you people?!”

“Someplace where you will stay out of trouble until we make a decision
on what to do with you.” the old monk told him without looking back at
him. He stopped, as if obeying an unseen command the two young monks who
stood guard on either side of the door sprang into action moving the bar
that locked the door and pushed it open.

Genma found himself unceremoniously shoved into the dark interior of the
building. He righted himself intending to make for the door but the
monks had already banged it shut and he could hear the metal bar being
shoved back into place. He ran to the only open window in the whole
place which was on the door and peered out. The two monks which had
opened the door went back to their places out of his view. The old monk
though walked forward, still his eyes did not meet with Genma's.

“As to whom we are, we are they who see with the inner eye,” said the
old monk. “We are they who walk in darkness yet see more clearly than
any who walks this earth.” With that said the old monk turned away and
walked out of Genma's light of sight. The two monks who had shoved him
though the forest followed him close behind. In the gloom of the dark
cell, yes that's what this was, Genma walked over to the opposite wall
and sat down on a small cot which he could barely see and sat down. The
thing creaked under his ponderous weight but held.

“We who see with the inner eye?” he repeated out loud. Genma pondered
that for a moment then his eyes went wide and his face went deathly pale.

He gasped out loud in shock, “Oh, kami-sama! But, the master said they
were only a legend, a myth from ancient times.” Desperate now to get
away and find his son Genma rushed to the only way out and tried to beat
down the door but it was no use. The door wouldn't budge at bit. He want
to the wall and starting hitting it with his hardest ki enhanced punch
but all he got was swore knuckles for his efforts. Eventually he finally
gave up and sat on the cot sulking, wallowing in his own self pity.

Daylight outside turned to night and Genma laid down and went to sleep.
Sometime during the night he was aroused in a very impolite way by being
knocked out of the cot. He sat up in the dark, his senses told him there
were others in the room, about maybe five monks including the old one.
They didn't carry any lights of any kind, no torches or lanterns, so he
couldn't see any way that they could see in here. That was until he
remembered whom these people were and his heart started to pound in panic.

“You might be pleased to know that we made it in time to prevent your
son from becoming possess by a demonic spirit,” the old monk said to
him. “However, he was severely injured and is blind in both eyes. He is
resting now.” Genma let out a sigh of relief, maybe the plan wouldn't be
ruined after all, then he recalled what the monk had said and looked up
at him sharply. Blind?!

The old monk continued, “He asked about you, wanted to know where you
were, was even concerned more about you than himself. It speaks a great
deal about his character that he should have so much concern for the one
who has caused him such pain and misery.” The old man seemed to almost
spit out the words at him. Genma slowly scooted away back against the
wall away from the old man. He could feel that the old monk was barely
holding back his temper, a rage festered within him which cried out to
be released, but it was being held back by a impressive show of will power.

“For his sake you will be allowed to live,” the old monk told him, from
the tone of his voice he didn't sound very enthusiastic about that idea.
“If you do nothing to try to harm any of us nor attempt to spirit the
child away you will be allowed to roam this compound freely rather than
spend your time here in this cell. It is your choice.”

“What are you going to do with my son?” Genma asked the old monk. He was
curious and a bit surprised at what the old monk had said. Maybe his
plan to make them lower their guard was working after all.

“Your son has lost the benefit of his sight,” the old monk said. “We
shall teach him to see again. To see in a way which is clearer than any
eyes could ever see. From the strength of his ki I could tell he has
been training heavily in the martial arts. We shall train him in our
style, the Fist of the Mind's Eye Ryu.” Genma perked up at this. It was
perfect, the boy was going to be trained in what legend said was the
most powerful fighting art in all the world, a fighting art which
rivaled even the master's Anything Goes Ryu. The plan would indeed succeed!

Genma sighed pretending to relent, “I promise on my honor as a martial
artist not to attack any of you nor try to take the boy away from here.”
He tried to sound as sincere as possible hoping the old man would buy
it. In the darkness Genma couldn't tell if the old monk believed him or
not. He'd let these people train Ranma in their style and when he
thought the boy was ready he'd spirit him away and head for Tokyo.
Fulfilling the plan was going to be a piece of cake.

“Return to your bed, you will be release in the morning to join us for
breakfast,” the old monk said and Genma could sense the monks were
leaving the room. The door was closed and the bar was put back into
place. “After which you will be put to work. You will not stay at this
temple and do nothing while the boy trains.”

With a disgusted grunt the ponderous martial artist lifted his heavy
carcus off the floor and laid back down on the cot. Before long he was
snoring loudly once again. In his dreams his son was toiling away
working till his hands were bloodied while he lounged back in comfort. A
bevy of beautiful young girls in bikinis surrounded him and his best
friend as they waited on them hand and foot. Genma had no idea that the
old monk had “seen” his lie, however.

“Master Fujiwara, do you really truly intend to let that beast loose in
the compound?” one of the young monks following him asked putting
enthuses on the word “beast”.

The old monk didn't look back at the young monk when he replied, “He did
not tell the truth yet I do not believe he will cause us trouble ...
yet. I sense he has an agenda which is currently hidden from our vision.
We must not let our guard down around him, however. He speaks with a
serpent's tongue and his ki is tainted with his lies.”

“We will be forever vigilant, master.” the young monk replied bowing
then turned away towards one of the other buildings. Master Fujiwara
went into the temple and walked through the building and into a small
room in the back. He didn't look at the small figure sleeping fitfully
on the cot, yet he could still see him. The young boy's ki had not been
tainted by his father, which was a good sign. Here was a good natured
and kind child, he would make an excellent addition to their ranks.
Smiling the ancient monk walked up and stroked the child's hair. He
could only guess at what nightmares the poor boy was experiencing. The
child's eyes were covered by bandages to stop the bleeding, they would
be taken off several day from now. Before leaving the room Master
Fujiwara summoned his ki into his hand and let it pass into the child's
body. The boy's fitful slumber eased and soon he was calm. In his mind,
the child was being held in the arms of his mother. The monster cats
cowered away in fear. When dawn came a new chapter in his life began ...

oOOOo

Chapter One

It was a common misconception that the different suburbs of the Japanese
capital city were separate towns which were wholly self governed and
separate from one another. Like the Burroughs of New York City in the
United States, Tokyo was also separated into different districts. The
most well known of these were Akihabara-ku, Shibuya-ku, Jubaan-ku, and
then there was Nerima-ku.
Nerima-ku formed one corner of what was considered the Oriental
Triangle. A place where the weird, unusual, and often frightening took
place on an almost daily basis. Those stoic people who chose to live
here grew to become accustomed to the strangeness which took place
there. In Jubaan-ku youma sightings were nothing to get excited about
unless you were a hormonally charged young man who enjoyed the eventual
arrival of young maiden warriors in super-short fuku skirts. Nerima-ku
was home to an inordinate number of martial artists and clans who owned
their own dojo. Massive property damage, displays of near super-human
and gravity defying feats of acrobatics were the norm. Local
construction contractors were making a killing, the Nihon Police had
long ago decided it was safer to turn a blind eye to the antics of the
local martial artist population until someone actually got killed, and
the Yakuza wisely stayed well out of the way.
So, on one rainy day during the yearly rainy season nobody batted an eye
when a beautiful, young teenaged red head walked down the street with a
panda bear following behind her walking on its hind legs. The girl was
dressed in a pair of baggy draw string pants and a red Chinese “Chairmen
Mao” style silk shirt with wooden fasteners long the front. Her short
red hair was tied back into a small pigtail at the base of her neck.
While her blue eyes were open she didn't looked around, but just stared
straight ahead. In her hand she carried a long wooden staff which she
occasionally tapped against the concrete walkway. On her back was a
backpack that was almost twice her size yet she carried it as if it
barely weighed anything.

“Oyagi, “ the girl said, she didn't turn her head to look back at the
panda but kept looking straight ahead. “When we get there you keep your
mouth shut. I'll do all of the talking and I will decide if I want to go
along with this or not. Since it has much to do with family honor I will
give it some consideration but I'm not making any promises.”

“Growwwlf,” the panda rumbled. In its paw it held up a sign upon which
was written kanji which read, “Now see here, boy!” Unseen except by
those who were excessively sensitive to spiritual energy, a stream of ki
radiated from the girl towards the sign. The ki caressed the sign,
sensing the texture of its surface and difference in textures where the
ink was written and where it was not. All of this happened in an instant
before the stream of ki snapped back.

“I could always return to the temple and stay there,” the girl said in a
warning tone. “And you know you can't stop me, oyagi.” If the panda
could pale it would have. It remembered this fact. The child, his child,
was now skilled in the most lethal and powerful martial arts style known
to humanity. The child was now inhumanly powerful, possessed a ki
reserve which was almost unlimited, and despite being blind was able
“see” everything that was going around her.
In the redhead's mind's eye she saw the world in clear detail. Not the
same way a person with normal vision would see it. Her “vision” gave her
a full three-hundred and sixty degree “view” of the world around her. No
detail went unnoticed. While she was unable to “see” colors the same way
she “saw” shapes she was able to perceive them with her ki and in her
mind's eye these perceptions were meshed with her “view” of the world
around her. It had taken many years and a great deal of training and
hard work to master the Sight of the Inner Eye, the one aspect of the
Fist of the Mind's Eye Ryu which made it so dangerous. Sneaking up on
her was virtually impossible. She was also able to “see” ki, and so
those who were martial artists or had strong spiritual power seemed to
almost glow in her “view” of the world.
Sound also added to the image her mind created for the world around her.
Her ki enhanced hearing allowed her to pick up on and filter out
different sounds, how they echoed off surfaces, and how far away they
sounded. She heard the happy giggle of a baby in a stroller, the shouts
of children at play in a park several blocks away, the conversation of
the people at the shops which lined the street, and even the sounds of a
whole plethora of different animals wild and domesticated.

“Doesn't family honor mean anything to you?” the panda flipped the sign
around and the redhead perceived the words written there. She was so
proficient at it now that sensing color changes were instantaneous for her.

“It does mean a great deal to me,” the redhead said in reply. “But
knowing you, you have some ulterior motive in all of this. For someone
who has no honor to speak of you certainly seem very concerned about
it.” The panda growled angrily at that commend and went to bash the girl
over the head with the sign. She “saw” it coming and deflected the blow
with her staff without even looking in that direction. In a flash of
movement she whipped the staff around and struck the panda in the gut
with the staff. As it doubled over in pain she spun around on the heel
of her right foot and delivered a kick to the bear's backside with her
left foot sending the panda flying head first towards the ground.

Continuing down the street, ignoring the panda splayed out on the ground
and the curious looks from the people on the street, the redhead said
off-handedly, “Why do you keep doing that, you know I can see you. Come
on, lets get this over with.” Growling lightly the panda picked itself
off the ground and followed the redhead down the street.

oOOOo

Tendo Soun looked at each of his three daughters with concern. How could
he really blame them for being a little upset, what after the news he
just gave them. They all sat in the common room of Tendo-ke, a modest
sized house with a second floor, a spacious back yard decorated with a
flower garden and koi pond, and surrounded by a privacy wall all around
the property topped by roofing tiles in a style that seemed more Chinese
than Japanese. Beside the house stood the Tendo clan dojo, the pride and
joy of the Tendo patriarch, connected to the house by a covered walkway.
Soun was an older man with long black hair and a mustache. He wore a
gray samurai hamaka and a silver necklace. He was the master of the
household, father of three and a widower. The common room served as
family room, dinning room, and as a place to entertain guests. There was
an old video cabinet with a fifteen inch TV on top of it. Most of the
videotapes in the cabinet weren't movies but home videos that Soun had
captured on a camera which had long since stopped working. There were
few other furnishings in the room save for some small corner tables
stacked with magazines, and a small family shrine dedicated to the
mother of the three Tendo sisters. The dinning table they sat at was a
kotatsu, a low-table table with a cloth skirt and butane heater
underneath for cold days.
Across the table sat his three beautiful daughters. The youngest was
named Akane, she had an expression on her pretty face that screamed “we
are not amused”. She was dressed in a yellow flower print dress and wore
her long blue black hair in a pony tail tied off with a matching ribbon.
The only jewelry she wore were a pair of simple stud earrings.
The middle daughter was named Nabiki, she had a pleasant smile on her
pretty face which made Soun shiver a bit. Whenever his middle daughter
had “that” look it usually meant trouble. Her hair was dark brown and
cut in a bowl style which framed her face in a way that made her
hairstyle look like she was wearing a Darth Vader helmet. She was
dressed in a her summer kimono and wore a pair of dangling gold ear
rings. Soun wasn't too sure but it looked like she was also wearing some
makeup.
The eldest of the three daughters was named Kasumi, a name in Japanese
that translates as “the mists enshrouding the gates of heaven”. Her
beautiful face wore and expression of worry and mild annoyance. Normally
serene, soft spoken, and gentle the eldest of Soun's daughters had a
very subtle way of expressing when she was upset or angry. Usually when
Kasumi was in that kind of mood the rest of the family noticed right
away. She was dressed in a demure blue shoulderless dress and white
apron, the only jewelry she wore were a pair of diamond earrings and a
gold necklace with a locket which she kept a picture of their mother in.

“Ottosan, do you know anything about this Ranma?” Kasumi asked her
father. It was the one question all of them the answer to, even Akane
who normally seemed to have a violent allergic reaction to boys was
partially curious. Nabiki wanted to know also, she was really looking
forward to this. Part of it was because it had been so long since he had
ever on a date with a boy. Her reputation as the “Ice Queen of Nerima”
had taken a devastating toll on her social life. No boy in his right
mind would dare to ask her out for hear of being fleeced by the girl of
every dime he owned. Akane was the other reason, she was silently
jealous of all of the attention her youngest sister got from the boys at
school. Never mind that she was the cause of some of Akane current boy
troubles.

Soun gave them a smile and replied, “I'm afraid I don't, I've never met
him.” He felt his youngest daughter's ki flare up and the icy stare of
his middle daughter. Kasumi wore only a displeased frown, but this alone
hit the Tendo patriarch harder than the reactions from his two younger
daughters.

“Oh good grief,” Akane groused putting her right elbow on the table and
resting her head on her hand with a look of disgust on her face. It
figured that their father of course knew nothing about this boy.

Nabiki leaned forward and said, “You intend to engage us to someone
you've never even met.” She was still interested but the sheer audacity
of their father and his sometimes insensitiveness was grating on the nerves.

“Family honor is at stake,” Soun explained to them. “It is an agreement
made by myself and the patriarch of the Saotome clan long before the
three of you and Ranma were even born.” Kasumi faintly gasped and
blink-blinked when she heard this. Of the three sisters she understood
the necessity of family honor the best. Family honor was also important
to Akane, yet her feelings of obligation for the clan waged a war with
her boy hating nature. Nabiki cared about family honor also but it
didn't drive every decision she made in her life. She wasn't a martial
artist and so didn't subscribe to the Bushido Code like her father and
Akane.

Akane sat up slapping her palm against the table. “And you're telling us
about this at the last minute!” she shouted at him. This really pissed
her off. He had a lot of time to tell them about this but decided to
keep it to himself until the last minute. What if one of them had been
in a relationship with someone they loved? Would they be expected to
just walk away from that person to marry a complete stranger because of
guri?

“Oh ottosan,” Kasumi shook her head with disappointment.

“It might not be that bad,” Nabiki interjected. “You never know, this
Ranma might be really cute.” At least she hoped he was, and her father
had better hope he was too or she'd take steps to make sure he paid for
it if this Ranma didn't meet her standards.

Akane sighed heavily at that remark. “Not everyone thinks the world
revolves around boys.” she said angrily. She has had it that mentality.
The girls at school talk about almost nothing else but boys, boys, boys,
BOYS! It disgusted her and pissed her off. Even her best friend Sayori
was boy happy.

“Lesbians maybe,” Nabiki muttered under her breath. She knew a few girls
at school who leaned that way. A couple of them were on Akane's “fan club”.

“Nabiki!” Kasumi gasped in surprise at her younger sister's comment.
Soun just sat there watching this and sweat dropped. He stayed quiet, it
was safer that way. Once he got in the way of one of Nabiki and Akane's
verbal fights. The results were both physically and monetarily painful.

Akane turned on her sister with her hands on her hips. “You have a lot
of room to talk, Miss Fence Sitter!” she growled at Nabiki. Akane looked
at her smugly for only a moment until Nabiki's head slowly turned her
way with a very creepy chuckle.

Something appeared in Nabiki's right hand out of nowhere and she raised
it slowly for Akane to see. The youngest Tendo sister saw it and blushed
a bright red. She tried to snatch it away but Nabiki pulled her hand
back too fast. “Where did you get that?” Akane demanded.

Smirking, Nabiki waved the “item” before her sister's face just out of
reach. “Akane, you of all people should know nothing ever happens in
this house without me knowing about it.” she said. Akane lunged to grab
the item but Nabiki slipped away to fast. She ran around the table and
waved it teasingly to goad Akane on even more. Teasing Akane was one of
Nabiki's favorite pastimes.
The youngest Tendo ran around the other side of the table. Nabiki
started running to hide behind Kasumi but at the last second Akane leapt
over her father's head and tackled Nabiki. The middle Tendo sister
yelped in shock, old nearly long forgotten instincts told her how to
position herself to minimize the impact of her fall. The item though
fell out of her hand and landed on the table in front of Kasumi.
The eldest Tendo sister gaped at her younger sisters as Soun started
sweat dropping like mad. She noticed the item fall in front of her and
her curiosity too over. The “item” was a photograph. She picked it up
and turned it around to see why Akane was so riled up about it.

“Kasumi, NO!” Akane gasped when she saw her sister pick up the photo.
The world seemed to slow down into slow motion as the picture turned in
Kasumi's hand towards her face. Time seemed for stop for just a moment
as the eldest Tendo sister looked at the picture.

“Oh ... my,” Kasumi blurted out before fainting straight away. Akane and
Nabiki moved in a flash to catch her before her head hit the floor. The
photo fell to the floor. On it was a picture of Akane and another girls
with short hair, both were naked doing a sixty-nine in her bedroom.

After slowly lowering Kasumi to the floor Akane grabbed up the picture
before her father could see it and shoved it into the front of her
dress. “Na ... bi ... ki,” she growled in irritation at her older sister
who was now trying to sneak out of the room. Soun was no longer at the
table, he sat out on the porch overlooking the koi pond drinking sake
like it was going out of style.

oOOOo

The redhead knew better than to rely on the panda's memory on where this
place they had to go was located in Nerima-ku. She stopped at a police
mini-station to ask directions. The cop didn't bat and eye at the sight
of a panda walking on its hind legs. His partner, a greenhorn in
training nearly shot himself with his own gun. It wasn't long until they
were finally at the front gate of Tendo-ke.

The girl read the sign hanging next to the gate perceiving the writing
with her ki color perception. “Looks like this is the place,” she said
to the panda without turning her head. “Remember, I do all of the
talking.” The panda sighed and nodded. He was tired and didn't feel like
arguing or fighting with the girl.

Inside the house Akane had Nabiki on the floor in the hallway outside of
the furo. Akane had discovered that her older sister had a certain
weakness which she could exploit in situations like this. Grinning like
a Cheshire Cat Akane held her sister down as she mercilessly tickled the
girl. Nabiki laughed out loud at the top of her lungs and squirmed
trying to get away. She was insanely ticklish and tried to keep it a
secret but Akane found out by accident. Nabiki hated being tickled, when
she was tickled she was vulnerable and she didn't like being vulnerable.

Outside the redhead the sound of laughter came to her ears. With a
curious smirk she reached up and rang the gate bell a few times. The
laughing suddenly stopped and she could hear a commotion going on inside
along with muffled voices she could barely make out. The voices had a
feminine tone. A few minutes later the gates opened inward.
There were four people there. The redhead could “see” them clearly. She
could tell they were staring at the panda behind her in surprise. One
was a tall man with long hair and a mustache. The other three were
girls, a short girl with an athletic build and small breasts, a taller
girl with a curvy figure and nicely sized bosom, and a very tall girl
with a very nice figure and large assets. Her ki color perception told
her what color the girl's hair was, what color their clothing was, and
also that the tallest and oldest of the three girls was a bit pale. From
her ki she guessed the girl had recently experienced a rather strong
emotional shock of some kind. The smaller girl though had a strong ki
reserve, but the energy was very unfocused. The middle girl had a strong
ki reserve also, it was very well ordered and structured but not in a
way that indicated that she was using it for martial arts. No, that girl
was harnessing ki for a different purpose either knowingly or
unknowingly. The ki of the older, taller girl was starting to reorder
itself into a serene pattern which indicated that the girl was the calm
and gentle type. By contrast the older girl looked like she was the loud
and boisterous time with a nasty temper. The middle girl was cool and
calculating. She used her brains rather than brawn. All of this the
redhead perceived in only a few seconds of observing the girls.

“Can I help you?” the long haired man asked. His ki reserved looked
stunted, probably due to a lack of exercise. At one time it was much
stronger but he had allowed it to weaken. Was this man the panda's so
called best friend and training partner? The redhead was not impressed.

Ranma bowed politely and said, “Hello, my name is Saotome Ranma. Sorry
about this.”

oOOOo

To be continued...

--
Michael "TheZorch" Haney
thez...@gmail.com

PCHeintz72

Mar 29, 2008, 12:49:16 PM3/29/08
to Zorch Central Open FanFic Blog-O-Rama
An interesting setup. I've read the VizeerLord stories. I like the
setups he uses, but his writing could use improvement.

This is pretty good... I would have liked a bit more background on
the group he was with, and perhaps a bit more on why they are not
still with them. But otherwise it seemed fine to me.

Not much to comment on with the interaction with the Tendos the first
night, since since except a few quirks, it was basically same as
canon. Would have liked seeing a bit more of Nabiki's thoughts on
this, since her routine in the morning was a bit different, seeing as
she walked with them to school.

On Mar 28, 2:44 am, "Michael \"TheZorch\" Haney" <thezo...@gmail.com>
wrote:
> thezo...@gmail.comhttp://thezorch.googlepages.com/home
> AIM: thezo...@gmail.com
> Yahoo IM: zorchhaney
> ICQ: 343230252
> GoogleTalk: thezorch
> Skype Name: thezorch
> MSN Messeger: haneymich...@hotmail.com:

Michael "TheZorch" Haney

Mar 29, 2008, 1:13:45 PM3/29/08
to Zorch-Central-Open...@googlegroups.com
PCHeintz72 wrote:
> An interesting setup. I've read the VizeerLord stories. I like the
> setups he uses, but his writing could use improvement.
>
> This is pretty good... I would have liked a bit more background on
> the group he was with, and perhaps a bit more on why they are not
> still with them. But otherwise it seemed fine to me.
>
> Not much to comment on with the interaction with the Tendos the first
> night, since since except a few quirks, it was basically same as
> canon. Would have liked seeing a bit more of Nabiki's thoughts on
> this, since her routine in the morning was a bit different, seeing as
> she walked with them to school.
Well its a Rough Draft, so I'm going to be making several changes to
this chapter over time. I'm still working on getting the next chapter
of my other stories ready for release too.

Yahoo IM: zorchhaney
ICQ: 343230252
GoogleTalk: thezorch
Skype Name: thezorch

MSN Messeger: haneym...@hotmail.com:

Shadow Wolf

Mar 29, 2008, 1:18:20 PM3/29/08
to Zorch-Central-Open...@googlegroups.com
Michael, you mentioned another story whose author you couldn't
remember. I suspect it's probably "Fighting Blind" by AnimeAddition
(Hung Nguyen):

http://aamark4.tripod.com/id7.html (scroll down)

--
Shadow Wolf
shadow...@gmail.com

Michael "TheZorch" Haney

Mar 29, 2008, 1:22:15 PM3/29/08
Shadow Wolf wrote:
> Michael, you mentioned another story whose author you couldn't
> remember. I suspect it's probably "Fighting Blind" by AnimeAddition
> (Hung Nguyen):
>
> http://aamark4.tripod.com/id7.html (scroll down)
I'll check it out. In that story Ranma was raised by the Amazons after
Genma lost him to them when the boy was a child. Ranma had been blinded
by some means, the Nekoken I think, and he was trained by an old Amazon
blind master. He made Ranma more like a Daredevil like character using
sound to see with like the superhero does in the comics and in the movie.

Shadow Wolf

Mar 29, 2008, 1:34:44 PM3/29/08
to Zorch-Central-Open...@googlegroups.com
On Sat, Mar 29, 2008 at 10:22 AM, Michael TheZorch Haney
<thez...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Shadow Wolf wrote:
> > Michael, you mentioned another story whose author you couldn't
> > remember. I suspect it's probably "Fighting Blind" by AnimeAddition
> > (Hung Nguyen):
> >
> > http://aamark4.tripod.com/id7.html (scroll down)
> I'll check it out. In that story Ranma was raised by the Amazons after
> Genma lost him to them when the boy was a child. Ranma had been blinded
> by some means, the Nekoken I think, and he was trained by an old Amazon
> blind master. He made Ranma more like a Daredevil like character using
> sound to see with like the superhero does in the comics and in the movie.

That's definitely Fighting Blind. (except he uses ki-radar to see, not
sound like Daredevil)

--
Shadow Wolf
shadow...@gmail.com

PCHeintz72

Mar 29, 2008, 3:01:59 PM3/29/08
to Zorch Central Open FanFic Blog-O-Rama
Hmmm... I remember 1 where Nabiki was blind. 2 actually:

R-SM 'Hidden Jewel' by Innortal - [Status=Not Complete] - [Last
Dld=03/05/2006]
- [Direct] http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2796024/1/Hidden_Jewel

RANMA 'Living the Martial Way' by Schwarzd354 - [Status=Complete] -
[Last Dld=07/14/2006]
- [Direct] http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2984912/1/Living_the_Martial_Way
- [Author1] http://www.fanfiction.net/u/568223/Schwarzd354

On Mar 29, 1:34 pm, "Shadow Wolf" <shadowolf3...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sat, Mar 29, 2008 at 10:22 AM, Michael TheZorch Haney
>
> <thezo...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> >  Shadow Wolf wrote:
> >  > Michael, you mentioned another story whose author you couldn't
> >  > remember. I suspect it's probably "Fighting Blind" by AnimeAddition
> >  > (Hung Nguyen):
>
> >  >  http://aamark4.tripod.com/id7.html(scroll down)
> >  I'll check it out.  In that story Ranma was raised by the Amazons after
> >  Genma lost him to them when the boy was a child.  Ranma had been blinded
> >  by some means, the Nekoken I think, and he was trained by an old Amazon
> >  blind master.  He made Ranma more like a Daredevil like character using
> >  sound to see with like the superhero does in the comics and in the movie.
>
> That's definitely Fighting Blind. (except he uses ki-radar to see, not
> sound like Daredevil)
>
> --
> Shadow Wolf
> shadowolf3...@gmail.com

dennisud

Mar 30, 2008, 6:03:13 PM3/30/08
to Zorch Central Open FanFic Blog-O-Rama
Well I can tell you that Your start to this rather well used premise
is much better than several other authors who have attempted to do a
'Blind' Ramna story. So far I like it though you've already pidgeoned
Akane into the Lesbian cubbyhole so to speak.

Still having a Ramna with his sight sight AND his differing attitude
should make things interesting!

dennisud

On Mar 28, 1:44 am, "Michael \"TheZorch\" Haney" <thezo...@gmail.com>
wrote:
> thezo...@gmail.comhttp://thezorch.googlepages.com/home
> AIM: thezo...@gmail.com
> Yahoo IM: zorchhaney
> ICQ: 343230252
> GoogleTalk: thezorch
> Skype Name: thezorch
> MSN Messeger: haneymich...@hotmail.com:

Michael "TheZorch" Haney

Mar 30, 2008, 9:06:19 PM3/30/08
dennisud wrote:
> Well I can tell you that Your start to this rather well used premise
> is much better than several other authors who have attempted to do a
> 'Blind' Ramna story. So far I like it though you've already pidgeoned
> Akane into the Lesbian cubbyhole so to speak.
>
> Still having a Ramna with his sight sight AND his differing attitude
> should make things interesting!
>
> dennisud
Yeah, I can't seem to stop myself from making Akane a lesbian in some of
my fics. It sort of fits and explains some of her Anti-Boy attitude
some. I can also see Nabiki was being Bisexual. I don't know why but I
can for some odd reason. Maybe I'm just a dirty old man (I'm 39)!
Hehehehe!

Anyway, this was thrown together in just a few hours. I'll be coming
back to it eventually to do some refining, I'll add more to the
backstory of the monks and Ranma's training under them as well as to why
he's with his father in Nerima when the 1st chapter starts.