Solve NETMASK Problem in Fedora 10

Tejas Barot

Nov 27, 2008, 11:34:44 AM11/27/08
to VGLUG
Hi Friends,

In Fedora 10 there is problem in Netmask Changing. if you open system-
config-network and then you are entering STATIC IP SUBNET AND GATEWAY
that will show you all ok but after that when you click on OK then it
will not save your subnet mask. Again when you look at system-config-
network then your SUBNETMASK will replaced with your GATEWAY.

so if you want to save your SUBNET MASK permanently then follow this
procedure.

First take backup of your original /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/
ifcfg-eth* file

then go to
cd /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/

then
vim ifcfg-eth0

and search for NETMASK=

and then write your NETMASK right after equal to like 255.255.255.0

if any correction or mistake please let me know all your suggestions
are welcome

drykod

Dec 4, 2008, 10:08:40 AM12/4/08
to VGLUG
I tried this out, but right after, every application using Internet
(Firefox, Yumex, etc.) just crash and give a SEGFAULT after changing
the NETMASK...
Very weird :-s

Tejas Barot

Dec 5, 2008, 12:32:53 AM12/5/08
to VG...@googlegroups.com
its really strange to know but for me its working perfect and but i will try that and if i am able to find anything will get back to you
--
Thanks & Regards,
Tejas Barot