OPERATION-PROTECT-YOUR-EKITI-VOTE #10: What Happened at Ido-Osi LG on April 25?

Mobolaji E. Aluko

Apr 27, 2009, 10:37:09 PM4/27/09
to ekiti...@yahoogroups.com, ekitipeo...@yahoogroups.com, ekit...@yahoogroups.com, omo...@yahoogroups.com, naijap...@yahoogroups.com, alu...@gmail.com, sow...@gmail.com, usaafric...@googlegroups.com, alu...@aol.com

 FOR WIDE DISSEMINATION - THAT THE WORLD MAY KNOW!

EKITI RE-RUN GUBERNATORIAL ELECTIONS (April 25, 2009)

"RESULTS" (?) FOR

IDO-OSI LOCAL GOVERNMENT

April 28, 2009

Dear Citizens of Ekiti and Friends of Ekiti State:

Here is a completely UN-SOLICITED single eye-witness account about happenings in Ido-Osi LGA on April 25:

--- In Ekiti...@yahoogroups.com, Samuel Fasanmi <fasanmisamuel@...> wrote:

I was at home to cast my vote. Again, 4 my man- Kayode Fayemi. As i've constantly said, Ilogbo again opted for Fayemi. He won my ward. The election was peaceful as usual in my ward, thanks to the people who refused to yield to various monetary inducements from the POWER pple.

We monitored our votes to Ido INEC office where a lot of people from various wards in their wisdom also did same. As at then, AC had won Ilogbo, Ido 1, Ayetoro 1 and 2 and Osi. We headed to Ado with all enthusisam. This was for a shortwhile, however. Barely five minutes we left Ido, we recieved a call that a vehichle loaded with ballot boxes (to exchange the real votes) narrowly escaped being burnt. The rest is now story.

Fayemi must do everything humanly possible to make our votes count this time around. He has proved to me a real man capable of leading a society. My respect for him will  however be unparralled if eventually he wins this 'battle'.

Im still very surprised that some people still believe Oni can win this election. With 16 LG Chairmen, more than 150 local government supervisors, almost 160 councillors, a dozen of commissioners and scores of PAs, SAs, Oni could not win with wide margin in just 63 wards election, he should know his time is out!

I love Ekiti State.
Fasanmi Samuel

So very true.

But please inspect the following table closely:

S/N

Ward

No. of Reg.

Voters (NRV)

AC/Fayemi

PDP/Oni

Total

AC+PDP

% of

NRV

Winner

Following 3 Wards Were Collated & Announced & Agreed to By all Parties at LG Collation Center Before Sudden

Violent Disruption by PDP thugs

Dispersed the gathering

1

Ayetoro 2

4,268

369

203

572

13.4%

Fayemi

2

Ayetoro 1

3,523

402

274

676

19.2%

Fayemi

3

Ido 2

3,277

300

453

753

23.0%

Oni

Subtotal

11,068

1,071

930

2,001

18.1%

Following Purported Ward

Results Not Announced

At LG Collation Center

Due to Sudden

Violent Disruption

By PDP Thugs and Dispersal

Of all Party Agents and Inec

Officials

-          Hence Illegal

4

Ido 1

4,755

708

285

993

20.9%

Fayemi?

5

Ilogbo

3,728

420

398

818

21.9%

Fayemi?

6

Osi

3,529

341

446

787

22.3%

Oni?

7

Igbole/Ifisin/Aaye

3,496

282

590

872

24.9%

Oni?

8

Orin/Ora

5,392

386

2,002

2,388

44.3%

Oni?

9

Usi

5,322

583

3,561

4,144

77.9%

Oni?

10

Ifaki 1

3,791

0

3,238

3,238

85.4%

Oni?

11

Ifaki 2

4,905

0

4,224

4,224

86.1%

Oni?

Subtotal

34,918

2,720

14,744

17,464

50.0%

Grand-Total

45,986

3,791

15,674

19,465

42.3%

NOTE:

  1.  Since Inec has NOT yet declared ANY results for Ido-Osi LGA, whether some or all of the above figures are what will eventually be ILLEGALLY declared – which would not be wise - remains to be seen.  However, in its Press Release of April 27, 2009, PDP Ekiti has already claimed 15,939 votes – which is not much different from the 15,674 above. Close enough…..
  2. Haba!  100.0000% in Ifaki 1 and Ifaki 2? Which means that wven the AC polling agent who signed the Form EC8A (at a polling unit) did not vote for himself – maybe he was from the neighboring LGA?  By the way, Mr. Olu Adetunmbi – the AC North Senatorial district candidate who come from Ifaki and whose petition against  Ayo Arise PDP senatorial seat succeeded in August 2008 – did not vote for himself,  or was it that he COULD NOT vote for himself?  No Adetunmbi  brother, sister, nephew, pastor or friend voted for their brother Olu?  Quite interesting.....
  3. Most pertinent questions: Why has Inec not allowed the Ekiti REC Commissioner Mrs. Ayoka Adebayo to preside over the announcement of the Ido-Osi, Ekiti-West,  Ekiti East,  and Ikole LGAs  - while awaiting the final decision on just the two cancelled Oye Local Government – remains to be seen – now that she is saying that she is NOT indisposed?  What is she resisting, what does she know and when did she know it? And how can ANY result not announced by her NOT be tainted?  Letting  6 controversial wards (Oye I, II (two out of 12 wards in its LG) as well as Ifaki I, II, Orin/Ora and Usi (4 out of 11 wards)  out of 177 wards (hence a 96.6% completion), with 5% of the total electorate population hold the state up is unconscionable.
  4. We quote again Awe Samuel Fasanmi of Ilogbo-Ekiti:  "With 16 LG Chairmen, more than 150 local government supervisors, almost 160 councillors, a dozen of commissioners and scores of PAs, SAs, Oni could not win with wide margin in just 63 wards election, he should know his time is out!"  It is inconceivable to have four more years of a stolen mandate.

VERDICT THAT DEMANDS ACTION:

  1.  The results of Aiyetoro 1, Ayetoro 2 and Ido 2  have been properly entered into Inec's records, and  MUST be maintained.
  2. The rest of the wards – eight wards -  MUST be cancelled - again.
  3. Alternatively, ALL the Ido-Osi results MUST be cancelled – AGAIN.
  4. Why cancellation and not re-run of re-run, despite AC confidence in meeting the challenges? The Constitution and/or Electoral Law of Nigeria do not contemplate an absurd of a re-run of re-run elections – unless of course more illegality is to be piled upon illegality with impunity.  And where will it end?
  5. Finally, the wait for a peaceful Oye ward vote – with the Oye "war-lord" Ayo Arise roaming the streets – before new elections are held there might be an interminable one, or else via a militarized zone close to Baghad's.  That is NO democracy.  Any polling unit, or ward that requires one soldier per voter before does not deserve a vote.

THE EKITI VOTE WAS PROTECTED ON APRIL  14,2007;  APRIL 25, 2009;

AND WILL CONTINUE TO BE PROTECTED!

KF  CAMPAIGN