Del.icio.us on main page of TW

tom

Apr 2, 2006, 3:07:02 PM4/2/06
to TiddlyWiki
Hi, I would like to integrate my links on the main page of my Tiddly
Wiki. How can I do this? I would like to use the javascript method
described here: http://del.icio.us/help/linkrolls

Please help.
Thank you.

Tom

gee....@gmail.com

Apr 3, 2006, 3:26:08 PM4/3/06
to TiddlyWiki
Hi Tom. I took this as a challenge.

First, I tried using the InlineHTML tags to simply surround the
JavaScript provided by del.icio.us and that didn't work at all.
JeremyRuston warns that JavaScript often doesn't work -- see
http://www.tiddlywiki.com/#InlineHTML

Having seen the Flickr badge in the MainMenu, I looked at its coding.
See http://www.tiddlywiki.com/#FlickrBadge

The Flickr badge uses an HTML iframe to embed content from another web
page. So, I created a simple web page containing the del.icio.us
JavaScript and put that on my server. Now, I embed the whole "page" in
my MainMenu entry. I haven't gotten the style sheet correct for the
ul/li elements, so the indents are too deep for that location. Perhaps
a CSS guru could help sort that out. You can see my results at
http://www.elsi123.net/~elsi/MySimpleWiki.html and pick up my
simplistic HTML page at http://www.elsi123.net/delicious-tags.html

I probably won't keep this on my Wiki -- what I'd prefer would be a
more terse set of links -- maybe just my own personal tag cloud.

But, it was fun figuring out an approach that works, even if it isn't
perfect.

Elsi