ToDo list

JJJ

Aug 27, 2008, 9:28:50 AM8/27/08
to TiddlyWiki
There seems no ToDo list for TiddlyWiki.

Now I have noticed that iGoogle has a ToDo list and
it seems a javascript implementation.

So is there any solution to port the iGoogle ToDo list to TiddlyWiki?

Thanks.

Eric Shulman

Aug 27, 2008, 9:47:14 AM8/27/08
to TiddlyWiki
> There seems no ToDo list for TiddlyWiki.

Just do a quick search for "todo" in this group, and you'll find lots
of references and URLs for several different ToDo lists implemented
using TiddlyWiki.

You might want to try one or more of these:
http://www.TiddlyTools.com/#ChecklistScript
http://www.TiddlyTools.com/#ToDoList
http://www.TiddlyTools.com/#TaskPackage

and, if you want to create your own ToDo application, you might find
this helpful:
http://www.TiddlyTools.com/#CheckboxPlugin

In addition, there's several GTD ("Getting Things Done") applications
that have been built using TiddlyWiki (e.g., MonkeyGTD, dCubed) to
provide very robust "ToDo" list and personal task management tools
(see http://groups.google.com/group/GTD-TiddlyWiki)

enjoy,
-e
Eric Shulman
TiddlyTools / ELS Design Studios

c.skye

Aug 27, 2008, 10:42:59 AM8/27/08
to TiddlyWiki
Hi All

I personnally prefer Paul Hawksworth (TeamTasks - http://getteamtasks.com/).

And am currently modifying it and integrating it with Randy Pausch´s
TiddlyTimeJournal (http://ttj.wombatdiet.net/) !!

With the intention to stuff all that into SideSnips (Morris Gray -
http://www.ipcp.org.br/upload/sidesnips_basic.7z) that sits on my FF
sidebar..........I think I am going to have quite a useful tool......

Ken Girads WorkTracker (http://no-sin.com/wiki/WorkTracker.html) is in
a slightly different line....but worth a serious look

Skye

On 27 ago, 10:47, Eric Shulman <elsdes...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > There seems no ToDo list for TiddlyWiki.
>
> Just do a quick search for "todo" in this group, and you'll find lots
> of references and URLs for several different ToDo lists implemented
> using TiddlyWiki.
>
> You might want to try one or more of these:
>    http://www.TiddlyTools.com/#ChecklistScript
>    http://www.TiddlyTools.com/#ToDoList
>    http://www.TiddlyTools.com/#TaskPackage
>
> and, if you want to create your own ToDo application, you might find
> this helpful:
>    http://www.TiddlyTools.com/#CheckboxPlugin
>
> In addition, there's several GTD ("Getting Things Done") applications
> that have been built using TiddlyWiki (e.g., MonkeyGTD, dCubed) to
> provide very robust "ToDo" list and personal task management tools
> (seehttp://groups.google.com/group/GTD-TiddlyWiki)

JJJ

Aug 28, 2008, 12:59:37 AM8/28/08
to TiddlyWiki
Thanks. It works well now.

Total 3 components needed:
1. CheckboxToggleTag
2. InlineJavascriptPlugin
3. MatchTagsPlugin

All are at http://www.TiddlyTools.com/#ToDoList

On 8月27日, 下午9时47分, Eric Shulman <elsdes...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > There seems no ToDo list for TiddlyWiki.
>
> Just do a quick search for "todo" in this group, and you'll find lots
> of references and URLs for several different ToDo lists implemented
> using TiddlyWiki.
>
> You might want to try one or more of these:
> http://www.TiddlyTools.com/#ChecklistScript
> http://www.TiddlyTools.com/#ToDoList
> http://www.TiddlyTools.com/#TaskPackage
>
> and, if you want to create your own ToDo application, you might find
> this helpful:
> http://www.TiddlyTools.com/#CheckboxPlugin
>
> In addition, there's several GTD ("Getting Things Done") applications
> that have been built using TiddlyWiki (e.g., MonkeyGTD, dCubed) to
> provide very robust "ToDo" list and personal task management tools
> (seehttp://groups.google.com/group/GTD-TiddlyWiki)

Dave Gifford - http://www.giffmex.org/

Aug 28, 2008, 1:35:26 AM8/28/08
to TiddlyWiki
I could call your attention to my TiddlyDu2 adaptation, but to be
honest I haven't personally used that in a while, and I recently
switched to Simon's MonkeyGTD Alpha which is awesome and is just what
I've been looking for in quite a while. I had checked it out some time
ago and found it attractive, yet sluggish, cluttered and not well
organized. But this new incarnation of MonkeyGTD is really, really
good.

http://monkeygtd.tiddlyspot.com/#Download

Dave

PJO

Aug 29, 2008, 8:22:15 AM8/29/08
to TiddlyWiki
>I personnally prefer Paul Hawksworth (TeamTasks - http://getteamtasks.com/).
>
>And am currently modifying it and integrating it with Randy Pausch´s
>TiddlyTimeJournal (http://ttj.wombatdiet.net/) !!

You mean Phil Hawkworth, surely, and Randy Pausch? Hmm.

Will you share the result?

steved

Aug 30, 2008, 1:47:35 PM8/30/08
to TiddlyWiki
IMHO the sweat spot of the simple tw todo list is still unrealized.
There are very simple ones and there are ones that use almost the
entire TW to achieve. I was looking for something in between. Nothing
wrong with full todo TWs ( like the GTD and others). But I like TW to
be my main integrated thought space w/ the todo aspects a small part
of it but integrated into the rest of the thought space I have
created. For me I want something more sophisticated than the basic
ones ( ability to categorize and resort like toodleoo or rememeber the
milk) but not where it takes over the TW (# of tiddlers, space, ...).
I am using the TaskOrganizerPlugin by PauloSoares which is pretty good
but could use a bit more functionality.

Anyway - I guess I am just expressing an opinion as a few year TW
user, that I have used most of the todo setups and still not found
something that is a good mix. Mainly because the atom of TW is still a
tiddler which is sometimes a bit too big for a todo item, so there is
a tough compromise to get the todo mechanism to fit at a reasonable
size/complexity rate.

-steve

On Aug 27, 6:47 am, Eric Shulman <elsdes...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > There seems no ToDo list for TiddlyWiki.
>
> Just do a quick search for "todo" in this group, and you'll find lots
> of references and URLs for several different ToDo lists implemented
> using TiddlyWiki.
>
> You might want to try one or more of these:
>    http://www.TiddlyTools.com/#ChecklistScript
>    http://www.TiddlyTools.com/#ToDoList
>    http://www.TiddlyTools.com/#TaskPackage
>
> and, if you want to create your own ToDo application, you might find
> this helpful:
>    http://www.TiddlyTools.com/#CheckboxPlugin
>
> In addition, there's several GTD ("Getting Things Done") applications
> that have been built using TiddlyWiki (e.g., MonkeyGTD, dCubed) to
> provide very robust "ToDo" list and personal task management tools
> (seehttp://groups.google.com/group/GTD-TiddlyWiki)

Eric Shulman

Aug 30, 2008, 2:10:51 PM8/30/08
to TiddlyWiki
> created. For me I want something more sophisticated than the basic
> ones ( ability to categorize and resort like toodleoo or rememeber the
> milk) but not where it takes over the TW (# of tiddlers, space, ...).

http://www.TiddlyTools.com/#ChecklistScript

This tiddler uses tags to track a set of checkboxes, and is self-
contained in one tiddler, so it avoids the 'takeover effect' that you
mention. However, it doesn't *currently* have any dynamic
categorization or sorting abilities. Can you describe the basic,
entry-level functionality you would like to have? If I have a sense
of what you are going after, perhaps I can add it to the script
without it becoming too bloated.

HansWobbe

Aug 31, 2008, 1:54:59 PM8/31/08
to TiddlyWiki

On Aug 30, 1:47 pm, steved <dipa...@gmail.com> wrote:

> ... Mainly because the atom of TW is still a
> tiddler which is sometimes a bit too big for a todo item, so there is
> a tough compromise to get the todo mechanism to fit at a reasonable
> size/complexity rate.
>
> -steve

Steve...
Just a brief comment in response to your assumption that "...the atom
of TW is still a tiddler..."

Courtesy of TheCore functions and Eric's TiddlyTools, I find myself
making a lot use of the tiddler macro's "partial transclusion" ability
to fetch a "section" of a tiddler (the part between two headings) and
"slices" (as addressable "tuples") By using these in conjunctions
with Eric's excellent plugins such as...

* MatchTagsPlugin - to select sets of tiddlers via boolean expressions
applied to tag values.

* AutoTaggerPlugin to automatically apply (effectively automatically
the management of managing tagStrings by treating them as dynamic
"method" calls)

* The "open all" cell functions of both SliceGridPlugin and
TagGridPlugin that open all of the tiddlers in one of the generate
matrices (effectively triggering any specific WikifyPlugin logic they
may contain)

... it seems to me that your "atomic physics analogy" is missing the
recent advances culminating in R2.4.1, that make these "sub atomic"
components especially useful.

I'd be please to expand on any of this, if there is any interest, but
for the moment I'm still focused on learning since I am falling behind
in these efforts, given that this wonderful AJAX application seems to
evolve faster that I can learn :-)

Regards,
HansWobbe

Eris of StrongHold [STRM]

Sep 1, 2008, 10:55:14 AM9/1/08
to TiddlyWiki
I use & like
Name: TaskOrganizerPlugin
Source: http://www.math.ist.utl.pt/~psoares/addons.html
Author: Paulo Soares
Requires: CheckboxPlugin (Eric Shulman), InlineJavascriptPlugin (Eric
Shulman) and PartTiddlerPlugin (Udo Borkowski)
Optional: ReminderMacros (Jeremy Sheeley)

Just my 2 cents

Mike