Metaphors of Scripture - Light

Ray

Dec 17, 2007, 1:34:57 PM12/17/07
to The Narrow Gate
I was listening to a brother talk yesterday and his teaching centered
on the word 'light' in scripture. I don't have the paper with me at
the moment but as I listened to him speak I realized that the word
'light' (as used in scripture) also has a descriptive meaning
different than what he presented.

'Light' is scripturally presented to us as a metaphor for
'understanding' and its use is woven throughout scripture.

Light is something which allows those with eyes to see.

'Darkness' is also a picture of a place of no understanding. It is a
place of the unknown where one stumbles, and falls, and dies. There is
death in darkness and life in light. Understanding pierces the
darkness and helps us to see and when we see, we live.

Yahshua said in Matthew 5:14 "You are the light of the world. A city
on a hill cannot be hidden."

Read these verses and compare. See if you are able to recognize what I
am writing of!
http://www.biblegateway.com/keyword/index.php?search=light&version1=31&searchtype=all&interface=print

Glory to Yahweh in the Highest!

Shalom,
Ray

(Link to "Directions and Metaphors of Scripture" - Narrow Gate post):
http://groups.google.com/group/TheNarrowGate/browse_thread/thread/b6de611a8bea8fe2#
Message has been deleted

Ray

Dec 19, 2007, 10:17:35 AM12/19/07
to The Narrow Gate

(This is my letter to the friend who spoke of light last Sunday, Dec
16. I have added footnotes for the verses I quoted.)

I enjoyed listening to you speak of the scriptural word 'light' last
Sunday. While I was listening, I also recognized another meaning of
the word 'light'. I was excited and immediately dove into scripture
after I got home from church.

I see that the word 'light' (in scripture) is also used as a
description for 'understanding'. The first reference to light I
thought of was Genesis 1 and how Yahweh created light (understanding)
and called it 'day' (a time, or an event, or a place in life). After
the crucifixion and resurrection, Yahshua was with seven disciples and
he brought them out of the darkness into the light (a new day, a new
life) in John 21.

Of course not every use of the word 'light' means 'understanding' as
light also means not heavy, refers to ignition, or describes radiant
energy provided for us to physically see with, yet many scriptural
verses use the word 'light' to reference understanding.

In Matthew 5:14 Yahshua said (to the crowds) "You are the light of the
world. A city on a hill cannot be hidden." Yet it also recorded in
John 8:12 that Yahshua said to the people "I am the light of the
world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness, but will have
the light of life."

Yahshua said to the people "You are the light of the world" and he
also said "I am the light of the world." Obviously they did not
radiate physically visible energy that pierced the darkness (as we
perceive dark). The light Yahshua spoke of would have referenced their
living example of the life given to them by Yahweh, showing the world
the glory of the Father, and it would have centered around their
spiritual lives which all rested on their foundation of understanding
of who they were and who Yahweh is.

The words of Yahshua state that Yahweh's spiritual children are the
'light' of the world.

'Light' then is used in places as a metaphor (or a picture) for
understanding. 'Darkness' then is also a picture of a place of no
understanding. It is a place of the unknown where one stumbles, and
falls, and dies. There is death in darkness and life in light.
'Understanding' (light) exposes the dangers of the unknown (the dark)
and helps us to see and when we see, we live. Understanding bathes a
person with knowledge and awareness and it's the path of understanding
that leads us to life!

Look to the Psalms, to Genesis and Revelation. Cover to cover,
scripture is filled with Yahweh's light - the glory and safety of His
understanding.

Yahshua answered: "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one
comes to the Father except through me." [1] Yahshua said "I am the
bread of life. He who comes to me will never go hungry, and he who
believes in me will never be thirsty." [2] Yahshua said "Enter through
the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads
to destruction, and many enter through it. But small is the gate and
narrow the road that leads to life; and only a few find it.{3] And
Yahshua also said "I am the gate; whoever enters through me will be
saved. He will come in and go out, and find pasture."[4]

Yahshua is the light of Yahweh -His understanding - that dispels the
spiritual darkness and gloom of the unknown in the world just as all
of Yahweh's spiritual children radiate His understanding to the world.
The lights of His children grow in intensity as we mature in His
understanding.

We shine as stars in the heavens.

Yahweh created man in His image, the image of light, and mans light
radiated outward to all of Yahwehs creations until man chose to sin.
Yahwehs light in man went out at that time yet when Yahweh learned of
this, he didn't reject us. Instead, He provided a way that his light
could shine through us again. He gave us the gift of his Son Yahshua
and then he gave us the gift of His Spirit to help us understand. Both
of them come to us when we chose to enter into His kingdom through the
narrow gate - our salvation and brother, Yahshua.

I recognize that scripture was written for us to see in pictures
instead of strictly by interpretation. I see pictures in scripture
when I read (or hear) it and it's more of an experience and a
relationship than it is a puzzle. It is both an incredibly wonderful
and often very lonely experience.

Thanks for talking about 'light' last Sunday.

Ray

1. John 14:6
2. John 6:35
3. Matthew 7:13- 14
4. John 10:9

caryb

Dec 19, 2007, 5:51:43 PM12/19/07
to The Narrow Gate
Very Good Ray... Enjoyed That. It Is So TRUE. -caryb

kenrank

Dec 20, 2007, 12:18:46 PM12/20/07
to The Narrow Gate
Greetings all!! Been a VERY long time.

Ray, I have enjoyed your posts, but there is an aspect of Genesis 1
that gets overlooked. Thought I would throw it into the mix.

In Genesis, we see on the first day that YHWH created the light. On
the 4th day he created the Sun to light the day, the moon and stars to
light the night. So the physical light, that which allows creation to
"physically" see, happens on the 4th day, thus the light on day one
has a different significance. I don't dispute that the light on day
one was wisdom and understanding in a sense...but remember, YHWH is
eternal and has always had wisdom and understanding, so why would he
need to create it? For us(?), we weren't here yet.

I have a different take. I have come to believe that "maybe" the light
created on day one....one of the first things He did, was make a way
for us, back to Him....even before we had strayed away from Him. What
I mean is YHWH knew from the beginning what He will know in the end.
And, He'll know in the end what He knew in the beginning. With this in
mind, YHWH had to know before He created us that we would fall away
from Him, and need a life jacket to grab onto to get back.

How did I come to this? First, there is an obvious spiritual
significance to the creation of light on day one for the reasons
above. Second, the gospels are full of times when Yahushua is called
or referred as the light, even the true light. Consider this passage:

"There was a man sent from Elohim, whose name was John. The same
(John) came for a witness, to bear witness of the Light, (capitol L in
KJV, don't know if translated properly), that all men through him
might believe. He (John) was not that Light, but was sent to bear
witness of that Light. That was the true Light, which lights every man
who cometh into the world." (John 1:6-9)

John didn't come to bear witness to understanding, though again,
Yahushua IS/WAS the understanding and wisdom and power of YHWH on
Earth, when he walked the Earth. John came to bear witness to the man
and his actions that would save man. Consider what else John says
here, "Behold, the Lamb of Elohim, that takes away the sins of the
world." John knew exactly who Yahushua was, and he declared and he
bore witness to him. He also spoke and said he was "the voice of one
crying in the wilderness, prepare the way of YHWH, makes his path
straight."

His path, THE path, which He leads or sets and we follow...we follow
that path in order to be reunited for all time with our Father. That
pathmaker is the Light, and that mission was set in place on the very
first day... for YHWH never had intended to spend eternity without his
children.

That Light, well, I have pondered on that Light for years now. Like I
said, YHWH would have known ahead of time that we would fall from
Him...seeing His love for us throughout scripture, looking at how the
WHOLE book leads us to Messiah and back to Him...well, it just seems
YHWH-like to have set the pathway home to Him up on that very first
day.

Peace.
Ken

Ray

Dec 21, 2007, 10:23:15 AM12/21/07
to The Narrow Gate
There are three records of Yahshua walking through fields of corn with
a group of his disciples and some Pharisees on a Sabbath. The records
of Matthew, Mark and Luke tell us that there was an abundance of ripe
corn in the fields on that day and that the disciples gathered and ate
some.

Consider this description of where they were. Some translations say it
was corn. I think they all refer to grain. In any case the plants
would have been high, perhaps high enough that Yahshua would have been
out of sight for some of those who followed him.

Yet they could hear his voice and they all knew where he was.

The Pharisees took offense at Yahshua and his disciples because they
considered the task of husking kernels to be work and they were taught
that work on the Sabbath was unlawful. They didn't reject Yahshua but
they pointed out what they were taught.

Yahshua offered them food beyond the grain.

Yahshua is the gate, the light of the world. He is the way and the
truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through him. He
calls for us to emulate him and live our lives as he lived. He came to
help us understand and live.

When I read these records I see that Yahshua was showing these people
how he is the way to the Father. So many times we are strictly taught
to blindly hold the hand of those leading us so we won't get lost in
the unknown. No one seems to understand much about the path we're
being led on other than there's someone ahead of us showing us the
way. I have a mental picture of lines of people walking through fields
like this, hands held and eyes on the ground following the person
before them. Even today when the occasional person looks up they're
told to keep their eyes on the person in front so they don't get lost.

Yahweh wants for us to understand the way and see the path home. He
want us to look up and around so that we can recognize and receive the
abundance of our Fathers provisions for us, and be healthy and live.
There is only one way, and that is through him.

These records show me how Yahshua is the way. Even in a field of
plants so high that we cannot see through we can still hear his voice.
We can hear him teach and we can learn and understand what is right
and most important, we know where he is.

It is good to question Yahweh and point out the things that we were
taught was true because it's only when we do these things that we can
understand what the truth actually is. The records don't say if the
Pharisees that day learned or not but I want to think that they did.
You see, I think they were drawn to be with him and they learned.

Yahshua took these people into a place and showed them to recognize
and receive the rich abundance of our Father Yahweh's provisions. He
fed them both physically and spiritually and helped them understand
and see.

We're not so different, you and I. When you and the others write on
this board and I read our posts and replies I imagine I'm in a field
of ripe corn with my brothers on a Sabbath listening for the voice of
the Teacher. I know his voice and I'm asking questions too. And it's
because I'm talking with him that I know where he is.

I can tell that you and some others here are talking with him too.

Oh, I like what you've shared. Look closely at Genesis 1 and you'll
see there wasn't any 'night' on any of the 'days' of the creation.

Shalom,
Ray
> > 4. John 10:9- Hide quoted text -

Fancier Quinn

Dec 21, 2007, 10:38:58 AM12/21/07
to TheNar...@googlegroups.com
Then you maintain that the Holy ONE of Yisrael is a Liar and a devil (as a result of HIS lies), as well as being blind, stupid and not knowing/confused as to who is HIS firstborn! As HE said in Shemot / Exodus 4:22 And thou shalt say unto Pharaoh, Thus saith the L-RD, Israel is my son, even my firstborn

understand war you don't understand history. If you don't understand
history, you might as well live with your head in a sack."  an unknown
Jewish sage

Pray for the peace of Jerusalem: they shall prosper that love thee.
   Psalms 122:6

Moderator

Dec 21, 2007, 11:26:14 AM12/21/07
to The Narrow Gate
Greetings Quinn,

You may strongly disagree with someone but what you have raised in
your post are nothing short of charges of blasphemy against YHVH.
These are indeed serious charges and, if true, your charge deserves
more than a two sentence "hit."

I don't believe anyone on this forum intends to say that YHVH is a
"liar and a devil" or that He is blind, stupid or confused. If you see
this, then help us understand, including those to whom you would raise
your blasphemy charge. Please explain with more detail to expand and
substiantiate your ccomments and your charge.

~ Moderator

Fancier Quinn

Dec 21, 2007, 1:03:56 PM12/21/07
to TheNar...@googlegroups.com
jesus or whatever your call him is not the firstborn son of YHVH, for YHVH Himself says  Yisrael is HIS firstborn. Shemot 4:22 And you shall say to Pharaoh, 'So said the Lord, "My firstborn son is Israel." '. To say jesus is the firstborn of YHVH is to call YHVH a liar and as a result of HIS lie - a devil. If this is not calling YHVH a liar and a devil, then HE is either confused as to who is HIS firstborn son or at one point or another in denial as to who is HIS firstborn. Since there can be only 1 "firstborn". Unless you maintain that the "L-rd" speaking in Shemot 4:22 is not YHVH. Then that puts the validity of the entirety of Tanakh in doubt. Or simply that the Tanakh has been replaced as invalid and the christian bible stands alone as the only Torah.

--

"If you don't understand weapons, you don't understand fighting. If
you don't understand fighting you don't understand war. If you don't

Ray

Dec 21, 2007, 2:04:08 PM12/21/07
to The Narrow Gate
Quinn,

I have remained quiet about you at the request of Moderator when I
first joined this board but I will speak now. I will also reference
this post anytime in the future when you come at me with your hateful
and deceiving words.

This attack of yours is normal of you Quinn and something I expect.
You pick and choose what scriptural verses you need to support you and
reject the rest. It seems to me that you're a dark teacher brought up
and steadfast in the ways and understanding of man.

I maintain you have no idea of what Israel is.

Adam was Yahweh's firstborn son yet this obvious point in the records
of Genesis seems to elude you. This was echoed in Yahshua's linage in
Luke 3:38 which states "Which was the son of Enos, which was the son
of Seth, which was the son of Adam, which was the son of Yahweh."

The subject of this thread obviously bothers you because you cannot
understand it and the reason you cannot understand it is stated in
this thread. Isaiah 29 (as I understand it) describes you to me as you
are right now.

I understand that Yahshua is Yahweh's firstborn SPIRITUAL Son. For you
to reject my understanding (which I am scripturally sharing in the
very best way I can) and for you to hatefully object to me sharing
what I am learning with my family paints a grave picture of what you
are.

I love my Father Yahweh and I am comforted by knowing that I am his
son. I have many siblings and you, unfortunately, do not seem to be
one of them. Yahshua is my perfect brother and my salvation and I
experience the family love my Father Yahweh surrounds me with every
breath that I take. His Spirit is my teacher and it is His Spirit that
gives me understanding.

Why don't you start your own thread instead of disrupting mine. This
thread is about the light of Yahweh - something you cannot understand.

Ray

On Dec 21, 12:03 pm, "Fancier Quinn" <fancierqu...@gmail.com> wrote:
> jesus or whatever your call him is not the firstborn son of YHVH, for YHVH
> Himself says Yisrael is HIS firstborn. Shemot 4:22 And you shall say to
> Pharaoh, 'So said the Lord, "My firstborn son is Israel." '. To say jesus is
> the firstborn of YHVH is to call YHVH a liar and as a result of HIS lie - a
> devil. If this is not calling YHVH a liar and a devil, then HE is either
> confused as to who is HIS firstborn son or at one point or another in denial
> as to who is HIS firstborn. Since there can be only 1 "firstborn". Unless
> you maintain that the "L-rd" speaking in Shemot 4:22 is not YHVH. Then that
> puts the validity of the entirety of Tanakh in doubt. Or simply that the
> Tanakh has been replaced as invalid and the christian bible stands alone as
> the only Torah.
>
> Psalms 122:6- Hide quoted text -

Ray

Dec 21, 2007, 2:36:25 PM12/21/07
to The Narrow Gate
To All,

I was a little upset by this viscious attack of Quinn.

I need to make a clarification on one of my paragraphs above. I wrote:
"For you to reject my understanding (which I am scripturally sharing
in the very best way I can) ..."

This should read "For you to completely reject my understanding ..."

Quinn comes across to me as someone who claims the full knowledge of
Yahweh.

Please forgive me for this exchange. It was joyful to me for a while.

Shalom,
Ray

Fancier Quinn

Dec 21, 2007, 2:59:48 PM12/21/07
to TheNar...@googlegroups.com
Fine, then you can have other god/s in the face of Yod-Hey-Vav-Hey, be your own god, demand the kingdom of Yod-Hey-Vav-Hey after violating all HIS commandments, make war with and overcome HIM in the heavenlies.
While the rest of us lovingly and obediently serve HIM out of gratitude for HIS mercy as we stumbled along the way, when we deserved death.
You declare yourself righteous through a false god, while we examine ourselves and know we are unworthy. We have a Creator King Who is ONE! You have 3 gods that have incorporated into the godhead.
We do not worship the same Creator King of the Universe. Yod-Hey-Vav-Hey is ONE not 3 in 1. Nor is HE a corporation.
I have left you to spew your false god crap without saying a thing for a long time and just because no one else will expose your falsehoods you can not hid from Yod-Hey-Vav-Hey. Devarim 13 is your reward.

On 12/21/07, Ray <marrie...@yahoo.com> wrote:

To All,

I was a little upset by this viscious attack of Quinn.

I need to make a clarification on one of my paragraphs above. I wrote:
"For you to reject my understanding (which I am scripturally sharing
in the very best way I can) ..."

This should read "For you to completely reject my understanding ..."

Quinn comes across to me as someone who claims the full knowledge of
Yahweh.

Please forgive me for this exchange. It was joyful to me for a while.

Shalom,
Ray

Ray

Dec 21, 2007, 10:28:55 PM12/21/07
to The Narrow Gate
Quinn,

There are big differences between you and I. I'll list a few:

I try to encourage people to study scripture - to think and ponder
over the word in order to understand. I share what I understand so
that others might learn and understand too. You, on the other hand,
bully people and curse them if they disagree with you.

I show my work and how I arrive at what I understand. You, on the
other hand, post a lot of verses and rant. Even in this thread I have
written that I learn from others. You, on the other hand, come across
(at the least, to me) as one who claims the privilege of the full
knowledge of Yahweh.

On this thread (and another) you made false claims of heresy against
me. You wouldn't support your accusations on the other thread and you
won't support them here. Then you made an incredible statement about
Yahweh's firstborn. Incidentally, my Father Yahweh is NOT a liar. You
make false accusations and present false information about me to
distort and deceive.

This thread is about light. The light being cast on this subject only
exposes your darkness.

Tell me about Adam (the man Yahweh created in Genesis 1) Quinn. YOU
made the frothingly hateful accusations about Yahweh's firstborn son
to me and I pointed you to Genesis 1 and Luke 3. You came back even
more hateful than ever, even cursing me but provided nothing
scriptural to discredit me. I have never cursed you yet you hate and
you try to foster hatred against me. So tell me how Adam is not
Yahweh's firstborn son.

You wrote:
> While the rest of us lovingly and obediently serve HIM out of gratitude for HIS mercy as we stumbled along the way, when we deserved death.
The readers can judge this statement of yours for themselves. They can
judge everything you've written for themselves.

Whether you accept what I write or not is not my concern. I will not
force my understanding of scripture on anyone. My brother Yahshua
didn't force himself on anyone, instead he shared what he understood -
He is the light of the world. My knowledge is not absolute and I will
never make that statement because it will never be true.

I have done my best to show the relationships I have found in
scripture. I have posted step-by-step scriptural verses showing how I
have arrived at everything I have posted here. I have scripturally
tried my best to show - in depth - HOW I know that Yahweh represents
himself as a family - as a Father, a Spirit and a Child. I have
listed practically every verse that references the Spirit and have
listed the qualities of these verses from Genesis to Revelation. I
have encouraged the readers to test what I write against scripture and
comment on it. I post to learn and to share. I continually pray I will
never post anything to intimidate or supress anyone seeking an
understanding of Yahweh.

My writings are extensive and detailed and very well referenced in
scripture. I have not hidden anything Quinn, NOTHING! I have exerted
every effort I know to be as transparent as possible, yet you are
spiritually blind and you cannot see. You hate and you curse and if
anyone disagrees with you, you condemn them.

You are like a firefly over a dark hole luring unsuspecting and
innocent children into bondage. (Does this sound familiar to you?)

Ray

On Dec 21, 1:59 pm, "Fancier Quinn" <fancierqu...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Fine, then you can have other god/s in the face of Yod-Hey-Vav-Hey, be your
> own god, demand the kingdom of Yod-Hey-Vav-Hey after violating all HIS
> commandments, make war with and overcome HIM in the heavenlies.
> While the rest of us lovingly and obediently serve HIM out of gratitude for
> HIS mercy as we stumbled along the way, when we deserved death.
> You declare yourself righteous through a false god, while we examine
> ourselves and know we are unworthy. We have a Creator King Who is ONE! You
> have 3 gods that have incorporated into the godhead.
> We do not worship the same Creator King of the Universe. Yod-Hey-Vav-Hey is
> ONE not 3 in 1. Nor is HE a corporation.
> I have left you to spew your false god crap without saying a thing for a
> long time and just because no one else will expose your falsehoods you can
> not hid from Yod-Hey-Vav-Hey. Devarim 13 is your reward.

LeeJosephO

Dec 22, 2007, 9:32:47 AM12/22/07
to The Narrow Gate
All of this talk about each other is pure foolishness that sheds light
on nothing and helps nobody.

The combination of imagination and perceived metaphor do not enlighten.

John Medwin

Dec 22, 2007, 5:51:08 PM12/22/07
to TheNar...@googlegroups.com

Jer 31:9 KJV

They shall come with weeping, and with supplications will I lead them: I will cause them to walk by the rivers of waters in a straight way, wherein they shall not stumble: for I am a father to Israel, and Ephraim [is] my firstborn.
 Fancier - I'm not sure what your post is all about.  I read and re-read and could not figure out what firstborn had to do with the post about light.  If your problem is with the Christian Jesus, then I am in agreement with you.  That Jesus is nothing like what the Apostolic Writinigs tell about Yeshua.

There are those of out there who don't believe in the Trinity or of a Messiah who leads us OUT of Torah, nor do with replace the Tanach.  You many read the history of the Jewish people and come to the conclusion that believing in a Messiah that has come is a very Jewish thing to do.  Many Jews throughout history have believed in a Messiah, including Rabbi Schmeerson, just a few years back.  So please do not insult other believers in Torah on the basis of who we think the Messiah is.  The foundation for our new found faith is a Messiah who is brought us into Torah.  That should encourage you.

As to firstborn...  there are many passages in the NT as well as the Tanach that upon first glance seem to contradict.  So... if Israel is the firstborn of YHWH, and then he also picks out a tribe, Ephraim as His firstborn, is it within reason to suggest, that He may also choose a man out of that tribe as His firstborn as well?  If the Messiah is not thought of as the firstborn of YHVH, then we are worlds apart anyway.  But I think you would find common ground in many of us in forums such as this.

Shalom

Dec 22, 2007, 6:59:24 PM12/22/07
to TheNar...@googlegroups.com
The christian jesus is not the Messiah - the Messiah has not yet come. Paul manufactured a god, condemned the talmidim to the hell he also created. While the talmidim held fast to Judaism and Torah.

"Behold, God deals loftily in His power" (Job 36:22). Therefore, "who is a teacher like Him?" A man of flesh and blood who seeks to avenge himself against his fellow, concealing his plans, so that he will not seek rescue, but the Holy One, blessed be He, deals loftily with His strength, and no one is able to escape from his hand, except by returning to Him by repenting. Therefore, we teach HaShem's warning [about punishment] and warn men to repent.

Yirmiyahu 31:8
Through prayer and repentance with supplications will I lead them, along brooks of water will I make them go, on a straight road upon which they will not stumble, for I have become a Father to Israel, and Ephraim is My firstborn.

No jesus was not sired of HaShem, neither was Yisrael. Firstborn is an expression of greatness. Here the Holy One, blessed be He, acknowledged the sale of the birthright, which Jacob bought from Esau, and the blessing bestowed on Ephraim. Not that they opened the womb of a heavenly mother (holy spirit) as Ray teaches.

Paul manufactured jesus and condemned the 12 as they held fast to Judaism and Torah, Paul taught a new christian god, forsaking the Creator King of the Universe, The Holy ONE of Yisrael!  Christianity is not warmed-over Judaism they are separate and contrary religious systems. One established by HaShem the other by Paul in opposition to HaShem. Paul taught circumcision was not to be done - it is worthless. HaShem said:
Yechezkel /Ezekiel 44
9. So said the L-rd G-d: No alien of uncircumcised heart or of uncircumcised flesh may enter My Sanctuary, of any alien who is in the midst of the Children of Israel.

Message has been deleted

John Medwin

Dec 22, 2007, 9:01:27 PM12/22/07
to TheNar...@googlegroups.com
I understand where you are coming from.  But your arguments are the same ones preachers and many Messianics use.

 They say that Yeshua was God because he is a savior.

Isa 43:11 KJV

I, [even] I, [am] the LORD; and beside me [there is] no saviour.

Oba 1:21 KJV

And saviours shall come up on mount Zion to judge the mount of Esau; and the kingdom shall be the LORD'S.

So can a man be a savior?  Of course he can and will.  But what the Tanach is saying is that YHWH is the Ultimate Saviour.  It all comes about by His hand.  So to say that Yeshua is our saviour is not blasphemous.

And I agree, YHWH did not sire Yeshua.  Us Messianics have believed too many lies of the church for way too long.  YHWH would not impregnate the wife of another man.  Nor would YHWH violate his own commands of like to like.  Trees bring forth trees, cats bring forth cats, and humans beget humans.  Angels got punished for impregnating humans.  YHWH would not punish the angels and then do the same thing Himself.  The virgin birth is a lie.  It is nowhere in any writings.  The Book of Matthew is quoting Isaiah and it states that a virgin will CONCEIVE.   Once a virgin conceives, she is no longer a virgin.  Matthew says "a virgin will be with child" and we picture a mother holding a baby.  What Matthew is saying is what Isaiah said, a virgin will conceive or become pregnant.

The Talmud says that a virgin can be a woman who had not begun her flow.  So for a virgin to conceive is rare, but for a virgin to give birth is outside the order that YHWH established.  The virgin birth, as told by the church should be an abomination to every Messianic.  YHWH would not impregnate the wife of another man!  The problem is we've been told what to believe for so long that we fail to read what is written.

Joseph says that Mary was found pregnant before they "came together".  That phrase is never about sex - its about her being pregnant before they lived together.  The angel tells Joseph that her being pregnant is of the Holy Spirit.  What he did not say is that the Holy Spirit did the deed, but that it is of YHWH.  Those words were exactly how the rabbis spoke of Tamar being pregnant.

Now an angel appears to Mary and tells her what is to come, not what has already taken place!  Mary replies (according to the Greek) "how will this come to be"?  We have always read this to say, that Mary was already pregnant, but that is not what is written.

So I cannot blame you for rejecting the Messianic version of the Messiah.  Even though Yeshua always says he had a God and Father, we go and make him into a god too.  We say we believe the Shema, yet go on to say that Yeshua and YHWH are both Elohim.  We are a confused people, but cut us some slack.  We have been told these pagan lies for so long, that it is hard to see the truth.  But we are seeing.  Not all in one day.  Slowing, we are seeing that YHWH is the One True Elohim and He expects us to walk in His Torah.

And I think that what you will find over time is that the NT lines up perfectly with the Tanach.  You'll find that Yeshua will begin to look more and more like a Jewish Messiah and we'll begin to see less and less opposition to our beliefs, as we learn to base our NT understanding on a better Torah foundation.

Shalom

Dec 22, 2007, 11:30:01 PM12/22/07
to TheNar...@googlegroups.com
Yes, David and Moshe were saviours.  But being a saviour does not make one god.  You are thinking like a Christian.  My point was exactly that - YHWH sent many saviours, but there is only one God.

Fancier Quinn

Dec 23, 2007, 12:00:03 AM12/23/07
to TheNar...@googlegroups.com
No, I am not thinking like a christian. The christian jesus was not HaShem, was not sired by HaShem. Was not a Messiah or savior.  Is the combination of allegory and several literal men, all with the same name that could be transliterated into jesus, 3 of whom were hung on a torture stake, 2 in Jerusalem, 1 in Lydia, these same 3 were all miracle workers

The term Isaiah uses is not virgin = human female, never having sexual intercourse -which in Hebrew is betulah, but young woman/girl - . Isaiah calls his own wife his (what the KJV incorrectly interprets as "virgin") the Hebrew word - almah after she has given birth to his son. Since Ahaz's wife was supposedly a "virgin" - almah = young woman/girl after she gives birth to Hezekiah, Isaiah's wife was supposedly a "virgin" - almah = young woman/girl after she gives birth to his son, Avrahom also referred to Sarah as his "virgin" - almah and Yosef's wife was supposedly a "virgin" - almah = young woman/girl after she gives birth to jesus. With so many "virgin" births, they are almost commonplace occurrences, ditto in regard to resurrections - perhaps the travel brochures to that part of the world should carry warning labels!

LeeJosephO

Dec 23, 2007, 7:51:08 AM12/23/07
to The Narrow Gate
On Dec 22, 11:30 pm, "John Medwin" <medwin...@yadtel.net> wrote:
> Yes, David and Moshe were saviours.  But ...

The word "but" signifies a reversal of thought, and we cannot have it
both ways.

Along with many other things, coming out of Christianity requires
calling none other than Yahuah "Saviour" ... and not because of where
or how that word appears in Scripture. Rather, we must be purged of
all "Jesus worship".

Fancier Quinn

Dec 23, 2007, 9:18:23 AM12/23/07
to TheNar...@googlegroups.com
There is no saviour that is god, save HaShem Himself. There have been many saviours in the Scriptures.

Nehemiah 9:27 Therefore thou deliveredst them into the hand of their enemies, who vexed them: and in the time of their trouble, when they cried unto thee, thou heardest [them] from heaven; and according to thy manifold mercies thou gavest them saviours, who saved them out of the hand of their enemies.

Obadiah 1:21 And saviours shall come up on mount Zion to judge the mount of Esau; and the kingdom shall be the LORD'S

jesus or any other name you call the gospel character was not HaShem, he was NOT a messiah, much less THE Messiah. He simply did not meet the Scriptural requirements.

Dovid and Moshe were saviours, they were messiahs as are all kings and prophets, they were not gods, nor were they HaShem.

LeeJosephO

Dec 23, 2007, 10:29:01 AM12/23/07
to The Narrow Gate
On Dec 23, 9:18 am, "Fancier Quinn" <fancierqu...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> jesus or any other name you call the gospel character was not HaShem ...

On that, we are agreed.

>> he was NOT a messiah, much less THE Messiah. He simply did not meet the Scriptural requirements.

On that, we disagree, but I must leave that at that because I am not
able to present the argument and I still have questions of my own.

Ray

Dec 23, 2007, 11:06:19 AM12/23/07
to The Narrow Gate
If anyone cares to read what Quinn just posted, You can go here:
http://www.messiahtruth.com/wanted.html

Posting other peoples work as her own is not new to her. She does not
understand what she writes and when she writes, as now, she writes
with a fury. Whatever works for her. She does not understand any
meaning of scripture, only what others understand, and she has built
her house on the foundations of other peoples work.

Quinn, you made this statement to others concerning me:
> You have called the Jewish people blind, stupid, hard hearted, stubborn for not believing in your false god and ignorant of our own Scriptures. You have cursed us! You call Yod-Hey-Vav-Hey a liar and a devil, as only the devil lies.

I never said any of these horrible things, now prove your statements!
Prove them now!
>  On 12/22/07, John Medwin < medwin...@yadtel.net> wrote:
>

> >    Jer 31:9 KJV
> > They shall come with weeping, and with supplications will I lead them: I
> > will cause them to walk by the rivers of waters in a straight way, wherein
> > they shall not stumble: for I am a father to Israel, and Ephraim *[is]* my
> > firstborn.
> >  Fancier - I'm not sure what your post is all about.  I read and re-read
> > and could not figure out what firstborn had to do with the post about
> > light.  If your problem is with the Christian Jesus, then I am in agreement
> > with you.  That Jesus is nothing like what the Apostolic Writinigs tell
> > about Yeshua.
>
> > There are those of out there who don't believe in the Trinity or of a
> > Messiah who leads us OUT of Torah, nor do with replace the Tanach.  You many
> > read the history of the Jewish people and come to the conclusion that
> > believing in a Messiah that has come is a very Jewish thing to do.  Many
> > Jews throughout history have believed in a Messiah, including Rabbi
> > Schmeerson, just a few years back.  So please do not insult other believers
> > in Torah on the basis of who we think the Messiah is.  The foundation for
> > our new found faith is a Messiah who is brought us into Torah.  That should
> > encourage you.
>
> > As to firstborn...  there are many passages in the NT as well as the
> > Tanach that upon first glance seem to contradict.  So... if Israel is the
> > firstborn of YHWH, and then he also picks out a tribe, Ephraim as His
> > firstborn, is it within reason to suggest, that He may also choose a man out
> > of that tribe as His firstborn as well?  If the Messiah is not thought of as
> > the firstborn of YHVH, then we are worlds apart anyway.  But I think you
> > would find common ground in many of us in forums such as this.
>
> > Shalom

Fancier Quinn

Dec 23, 2007, 1:43:34 PM12/23/07
to TheNar...@googlegroups.com
I have shown that you have said HaShem lies for He never said jesus was HIS firstborn. I have shown that HaShem said Yisrael was HIS firstborn and you say that is untrue that jesus was and that jesus was born of the heavenly mother namely the "holy spirit" Who is your god's wife.

Then you have no right to use Scripture - Hebrew or christian as these are not your works!

I have many writings, charts, grafts, photos, on the computer and in hard copy in my possession, some have been sent to me without original source, as I have explained to you on numerous occasions. I do not have time to sit there and trace every word to its original source as you seem to do.

You seem to imply that only you are the source of truth and no one but you has access to it unless you deem to share it. The truth is free, a gift of HaShem, no one person has all the truth, each of us has been given truth in part, we are to each bring our part to the table and place our parts together.

On 12/23/07, Ray <marrie...@yahoo.com> wrote:

If anyone cares to read what Quinn just posted, You can go here:
http://www.messiahtruth.com/wanted.html

Posting other peoples work as her own is not new to her. She does not
understand what she writes and when she writes, as now, she writes
with a fury. Whatever works for her. She does not understand any
meaning of scripture, only what others understand, and she has built
her house on the foundations of other peoples work.

Quinn, you made this statement to others concerning me:
> You have called the Jewish people blind, stupid, hard hearted, stubborn for not believing in your false god and ignorant of our own Scriptures. You have cursed us!  You call Yod-Hey-Vav-Hey a liar and a devil, as only the devil lies.

I never said any of these horrible things, now prove your statements!
Prove them now!

Ray

Dec 23, 2007, 2:45:00 PM12/23/07
to The Narrow Gate
You have not answered us about Adam being Yahweh's firstborn. I have
not disputed the verses you quoted. You distort and misrepresent to
others what I have shared on this board.

You made this statement (among many) to others concerning me:
> You have called the Jewish people blind, stupid, hard hearted, stubborn for not believing in your false god and ignorant of our own Scriptures. You have cursed us! You call Yod-Hey-Vav-Hey a liar and a devil, as only the devil lies.

I never said any of these horrible things - EVER! You state I wrote
things by telling others that I wrote them. If you have any worth at
all then you PRESENT YOUR PROOF - NOWl. Substantiate your wicked and
vile accusations with direct web links so that all of us can see your
face. Your perceptions do not hold weight.

On Dec 23, 12:43 pm, "Fancier Quinn" <fancierqu...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I have shown that you have said HaShem lies for He never said jesus was HIS
> firstborn. I have shown that HaShem said Yisrael was HIS firstborn and you
> say that is untrue that jesus was and that jesus was born of the heavenly
> mother namely the "holy spirit" Who is your god's wife.
>
> Then you have no right to use Scripture - Hebrew or christian as these are
> not your works!
>
> I have many writings, charts, grafts, photos, on the computer and in hard
> copy in my possession, some have been sent to me without original source, as
> I have explained to you on numerous occasions. I do not have time to sit
> there and trace every word to its original source as you seem to do.
>
> You seem to imply that only you are the source of truth and no one but you
> has access to it unless you deem to share it. The truth is free, a gift of
> HaShem, no one person has all the truth, each of us has been given truth in
> part, we are to each bring our part to the table and place our parts
> together.

Fancier Quinn

Dec 23, 2007, 3:15:47 PM12/23/07
to TheNar...@googlegroups.com
HaShem formed Ahdahm out of the dust of the earth. Ahdahm did not open the womb of your celestial goddess. HaShem did not have sexual relations with the earth and sire Ahdahm. Zeus seduced human women and created hybrid demi-gods, other pagan gods did as well. These are not HaShem. Your jesus is one of the demi-gods a hybrid bastard child, not the sire of HaShem. A creation of Paul, then picked up by the Roman Catholic Church which created a spiritual being, that must be fed the blood of the innocent. This is the reason behind the executions, crusades, wars, inquisitions etc throughout the ages, all in the name of your jesus.

Since you can not seem to understand in any other way The Creator King of the Universe did not get laid, grab a piece of human ass, other other course, vulgar way you wish to describe the act. Neither did HaShem boff some celestial bimbo, and birth out your jesus or any other being.

You are an Anti-Semite, your hate the Jewish people, which is why you were booted from my group, you believe us to have no understanding of our own Scriptures, which you have said, repeatedly. For the Hebrew Scripture do not follow your interpretation which is strictly your own as it is neither Hebraic nor christian. I have not saved every piece of blasphemous email you ever sent me directly or posted to the many groups. Even if I had and would post it, you would simply deny it to be your post. It would be a matter of Quinn posted, Ray posted. Nothing could be proven in the end. You have your father/mother/child god, which is not HaShem the Holy ONE of Yisrael, The Creator King of the Universe. You teach a false god.

Devarim/Deuteronomy 13
1. Everything I command you that you shall be careful to do it. You shall neither add to it, nor subtract from it.
2. If there will arise among you a prophet, or a dreamer of a dream, and he gives you a sign or a wonder,
3. and the sign or the wonder of which he spoke to you happens, [and he] says, "Let us go after other gods which you have not known, and let us worship them,"
4. you shall not heed the words of that prophet, or that dreamer of a dream; for the Lord, your God, is testing you, to know whether you really love the Lord, your God, with all your heart and with all your soul.
5. You shall follow the Lord, your God, fear Him, keep His commandments, heed His voice, worship Him, and cleave to Him.
6. And that prophet, or that dreamer of a dream shall be put to death; because he spoke falsehood about the Lord, your God Who brought you out of the land of Egypt, and Who redeemed you from the house of bondage, to lead you astray from the way in which the Lord, your God, commanded you to go; so shall you clear away the evil from your midst.
7. If your brother, the son of your mother, tempts you in secret or your son, or your daughter, or the wife of your embrace, or your friend, who is as your own soul saying, "Let us go and worship other gods, which neither you, nor your forefathers have known."
8. Of the gods of the peoples around you, [whether] near to you or far from you, from one end of the earth to the other end of the earth;
9. You shall not desire him, and you shall not hearken to him; neither shall you pity him, have mercy upon him, nor shield him.
10. But you shall surely kill him, your hand shall be the first against him to put him to death, and afterwards the hand of all the people.
11. And you shall stone him with stones so that he dies, because he sought to lead you astray from the Lord, your God, Who brought you out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of bondage.
12. And all Israel shall listen and fear, and they shall no longer do any evil such as this in your midst.
13. If you hear in one of your cities which the Lord, your God, is giving you to dwell therein, saying,
14. "Unfaithful men have gone forth from among you and have led the inhabitants of their city astray, saying, 'Let us go and worship other gods, which you have not known.' "
15. Then you shall inquire, investigate, and ask thoroughly, and, behold, it is true, the matter is certain, that such abomination has been committed in your midst:
16. You shall surely strike down the inhabitants of that city with the edge of the sword, destroy it with all that is in it and its livestock, with the edge of the sword.
17. And you shall collect all its spoil into the midst of its open square, and burn with fire the city and all its spoil, completely, for the Lord, your God; and it shall be a heap of destruction forever, never to be rebuilt.
18. And nothing that is doomed to destruction shall cling to your hand, so that the Lord may return from His fierce wrath, and grant you compassion, and be compassionate with you, and multiply you, as He swore to your forefathers.
19. For you shall hearken to the voice of the Lord your God, to keep all His commandments which I command you this day, to do that which is proper in the eyes of the Lord, your God.

You can repent or you have cursed yourself, sealing your fate, for leading others from the worship of HaShem, the Yod-Hey-Vav-Hey, The Holy ONE of Yisrael, The Creator King of the Universe!

Ray

Dec 23, 2007, 6:32:08 PM12/23/07
to The Narrow Gate
Quinn,

What is this?! You cannot provide a web link of even one vile
accusation you have made against me? What are you to make such wicked
unsubstantiated statements against anyone?

You claim I sent you "blasphemous" email, and you associate me with
hate mongers and murderers yet you provide nothing but hateful words
to back your claims. I am not the one spewing hatred and I am not the
one trying to kill. Do you hate me because I hold you accountable for
your statements?

I stand innocent before Yahweh and I demand you validate your claims.
Provide web links of what you have claimed against me to this thread
to validate your statements. Your attack is upon me and I am innocent.
Now the light is upon you to prove your words.

I do not stand on the works or wisdom of others as you do and I have
and I will provide everything asked of me concerning my understanding
of scripture. I have provided scriptural validation for every point I
have shared here.

Where have I ever told you or anyone that Ahdahm opened the womb of a
celestial goddess or that HaShem had sexual relations with the earth?
You are wicked and despicable! Prove your statements! Adam was created
in the plural image of Yahweh by Yahweh. Adam was Yahweh's first child
created from the dust of the earth and Yahweh breathed the breath of
life in him and gave him life. This is what the records of Genesis
state.

Now either prove your vile statements against me with truth or stand
before everyone so they can see you for what you are.

> read more »- Hide quoted text -

Fancier Quinn

Dec 23, 2007, 8:07:12 PM12/23/07
to TheNar...@googlegroups.com
HaShem does not have a plural image, so your god is not HaShem.

Here is one of your attacks on me.

But you know, by not  acknowledging the person of the Holy Spirit, you are not worthy to write about such matters - you are only a servant and a child-bearer of
a man.

Ray

This is interesting:  Earlier this morning the two posts above had been deleted and now they are back.  I wonder why this was. About the 'body' of God:  If you negate the 'person' (not physical but spiritual) of the Holy Spirit in God's structure, you negate your role as a woman in His holy family.  You place yourself and all women as being nothing more than servants and child-bearers of men.  Is this what you are?  You also negate the spiritual and physical love between a man and a woman making each marriage not a union of one (in flesh and spirit) but a divided partnership. Your makeup as a woman is a part of who God is.  Women think differently than men.  Women typically raise the children and are more in tune with the needs of others than men.  Women are life-givers, teachers, instructors, friends, companions, mediators, counselors - read the post of the descriptions of the Holy Spirit and learn about who you are.  This does not mean that the Holy Spirit is a woman - it means that the Spirit of God falls on all of as and each of us is able to perform the role as the situation calls for.  Our families are physical creations of our God's spiritual structure and we - our families - represent who and what our God is. Before you discard this, how could our children learn about God except through their parents?  Our children learn about our God through how their fathers and mothers interact with everything and every one, especially the child.  Understanding our God is difficult without help and we (their parents) provide the visual and physical concept of His spiritual love.  We as parents are God's examples of who and what He is like.  We are the stewards of his children.  The Father and His Spirit are the blueprint examples of a husband and his wife.  They are a union of one.  Men and women are individuals who come together as one but the Father and the Holy Spirit are one. You claim that Jesus is the beast so let's look at what you're claiming:  By negating Jesus as the Christ, you negate the witness of all of his apostles.  John was an apostle of Christ and John wrote the book of Revelation.  Are you with me so far?  Mention of the beast was documented by John in the book of Revelation and you are using information from a man whom you have defined as a liar to validate your understanding of Christ.  Your statement of Jesus being the beast negates the entire New Testament. You have described a life without hope, without love, and without our God. This is scary. I am very interested in you starting a new post about your understanding of Jesus being the beast.  But you know, by not acknowledging the person of the Holy Spirit, you are not worthy to write about such matters - you are only a servant and a child-bearer of a man.
Nov 7 2006, 12:01 pm

John Medwin

Dec 23, 2007, 8:09:25 PM12/23/07
to TheNar...@googlegroups.com
Quinn - Once again, you are addressing accepted beliefs of Christianity, that is never supported in the NT.  Nowhere does the NT say that HaShem sired the Messiah.  The NT quotes Isaiah that says that a virgin shall conceive.  Nowhere does the NT say that God impregnated Mary, the NT only says it was of YHWH's doing  (His plan).  I understand your destain for such beliefs, I feel the same way.

But you need to be aware that not all Messianics believe such nonsense.  There are many of us who serve YHWH, who is the God of Yeshua.  Yeshua prays to YHWH, calls Him his Father, and even in the Book of Revelation refers to YHWH as "my Father" and "my God".  Even Paul continues to make a distinction to "God the Father" and "the Messiah Yeshua".  It is unfortunate that so many Messianics cannot see that the Messiah is the servant of YHWH and that the servant of YHWH cannot possibly be YHWH.

It was the Roman Catholic Church that introduced all these pagan concepts and the Book of Revelation says that this whore has many daughters.  Us Torah Believers are slowing casting off such pagan beliefs.

So the problems you have with the man/god Jesus is nothing like the Messiah that the NT writes about.  And when we come to see such truths we often get booted out of our churches and Messianic groups and are becoming united to the Jewish people.  So please, leave the martyr complex behind.  If you tone done the venom, I think you'd find much in common with many of us.  Zechariah says in the last days 10 men will grab the tzit tzits of the Jew saying teach us of your God.  Unfortunately, too many of those Jews, instead of teaching, seem to curse us and spit on us instead.  I trust your words and actions will be those pleasing to HaShem and begin to teach and not spew.

Baruch HaShem

Dec 23, 2007, 9:13:17 PM12/23/07
to TheNar...@googlegroups.com
Only Isaiah never used the word "virgin". So this is blasphemy not a quote! Proverbs 30 19 - 20 uses the same Hebrew word Isaiah 7:14 uses that the Christians say is "virgin" for the harlot of Proverbs 30:20. So now we have a virgin harlot? How does that work? I really need to know.

Messiah is to be of the bloodline of Shlomo/Solomon - your jesus/yeshua did not qualify for his human father was from Natan, adoption does not qualify, nor does having G-d as a daddy qualify, unless Shlomo birthed G-d, or Shlomo and his brother Natan are now one in the same. Your jesus or whatever spelling you prefer (which are all feminine - btw)  did not qualify by bloodline as Messiah, nor by his actions. This ain't the dude - boys and girls! There is no second shot clean up in the Scriptures, so jesus doesn't get to finish things on the return trip.

There is only One G-d. G-d is the Creator. We often use the Name "Hashem," when referring to the Creator.

The Creator is only One. The Creator is not one of two, nor one of three. The Creator is not one of a species, not one of a type, nor one of a family or group. There are no other true gods. There are other things that have power, but none of them are G-d, and none of them are like G-d. (Sometimes they are called by the term "gods," because in Hebrew that word means "something that has powers," or "something that has might." Therefore, even a powerful warrior could be called by the Hebrew word for god.)

Judaism believes that if you have sinned, all you need to do is repent and mend your ways. "Return to Hashem," say Moses and all the Prophets,"and Hashem will receive you because Hashem is very merciful." (See Deuteronomy 4:30; Jeremiah Chapter 3; Ezekiel Chapters 14, 18, 33; Joel Chapter 2; Zachariah Chapter 1, Malachi Chapter 3, to mention a few). And "Let the evil forsake his way, and the sinner his plans, and return to Hashem, Who will have mercy on him; to our G-d, for He is very forgiving." (Isaiah 55:7)

Blood is not necessary for atonement. This is taught in many places, including Hosea Chapter 14, where it says, "Israel, return to Hashem your G-d, for you have fallen because of your sins. Take with you words, and return to Hashem; say to Him, 'Take away all sin, and receive us graciously, and will we give calves with our lips.'" In other words, instead of sacrifices, when we cannot bring sacrifices we will pray, and we will bring Hashem words. Hashem will then receive us and forgive us for our sins.

So your jesus did not have to die, be crucified, executed to make atoning sacrifice for anyone's sins- not even his own. Which he admitted to having by going to the mikveh.

John Medwin

Dec 23, 2007, 9:51:01 PM12/23/07
to TheNar...@googlegroups.com
Quinn - sorry you see the word virgin as blasphemous.  I was only using the word that the Brentons 1851 English Septuagint version used.   Guess those rabbis didn't get your memo.

As to the blood line of Yeshua, try reading Matthew 1 and you'll see Solomon in the lineage of Yeshua.  You are correct that the Messiah must come out of the loins (Greek word 'sperma') of David.  So if the preachers were right that God impregnated Mary, then you are right, and Yeshua would not be the Messiah.  But once again, read the NT carefully and you'll see it never says what you think it does.

I do take issue with your whole atonement issue though.  You are missing the point of the Tanach.  Read Psalm 51 for clarity.  The prophets continually rebuked Israel for going through the motions.  They offered sacrifices, but their heart was far from YHWH.  The prophets would tell them to keep their sacrifices.  But never meant to stop doing them.  Psalm 51 says get your heart right, then your offerings will be pleasing.  Sorry, the Torah is build upon sacrifices.  If a temple cannot be built, build a tabernacle.  As much as I love my Jewish brothers, I'd have to say that todays Judaism in not walking the faith of the Torah.

Simply read Ezek 44+ for a look at the Messianic age and you'll see sacrifices again.  So you are fighting against the theology of the preachers, once again.  Yeshua did not come to do away with the Torah, including sacrifices according to his own words.  He came to conquer sin, as in the sin that brings death - as in the kind that Adam ushered in.  You may note that right now, everyone sleeps with their fathers.  When Messiah conquers death, all the dead will rise.  And no, that part has not been fulfilled yet.

Fancier Quinn

Dec 23, 2007, 10:05:14 PM12/23/07
to TheNar...@googlegroups.com
The rabbis not translate the writings of the prophets, they only translated the Torah into the Septuagint. So your argument does not hold water.

The word "virgin" is not what is blasphemous, but saying it is found as a quote from Isaiah is.
You did not answer the question regarding the virgin harlot of Proverbs 30:20

Moderator

Dec 23, 2007, 11:04:45 PM12/23/07
to The Narrow Gate
Greetings Quinn,

On Dec 23, 9:05 pm, "Fancier Quinn" <fancierqu...@gmail.com> wrote:
> The rabbis not translate the writings of the prophets, they only translated
> the Torah into the Septuagint. So your argument does not hold water.

Do you know who translated YeshiYah into the Greek version we call the
Septuagint? If was not "Jewish Rabbis" then who?

> The word "virgin" is not what is blasphemous, but saying it is found as a
> quote from Isaiah is.

The word (Hebr. "almah") translated as "virgin" in the KJV in Isaiah
7:14 appears only 7 times in all of scripture. Four times as "vrgin,"
twice as "maid," and once as "damsel." Would using "maid" or "damsel"
also be blasphemous if you did not agree with the translator?

Blasphemy is speaking evil of YHVH or being contemptuous or irreverent
toward Him. To quote a translation, even if your consider it a "mis"-
translation is not blasphemous. There is no evil, contemptuous or
irreverent intent here.

We know there are problems in moving from any language to another via
translation. NO translation is pure and THE WORD of YHVH, so which
version would you have an English reader use?

> You did not answer the question regarding the virgin harlot of Proverbs
> 30:20

The harlot of Proverbs 20 is not called a "virgin." You have tied the
"harlot" of verse 20 with the "maid" of verse 19. The comparision in
verse 20 is between (Pro 30:19) "the way of a man with a maid (almah)"
and (Pro 30:20) "the way of an adulterous woman." These are not the
same. Pro 30:18 speaks of "four (things) which I know not." These four
things are then listed in verse 19. Verse 20 "the way of an adulterous
woman" is a separate item and, if included in the list of things
"which I know not" would be the "fifth" thing.

~ Moderator

Ray

Dec 23, 2007, 11:33:30 PM12/23/07
to The Narrow Gate
Quinn,

First the link is not valid. The link you provided is to my profile
(you really have to do better than this). However, if your intent is
to link to your website then you need to open it for all to see so
everyone can read our communications in entirety. You made different
statements over a series of posts and I provided an observation and
counter points. Anyone can change any written word. So you need to
open your web site for all to see or back off of this.

Don't forget that you read much of what I had written on other web
sites and invited me to join yours. I was your first member, I recall.
We were discussing scripture, remember?

Also, you provide no time line on these messages which are presently
unaccessible to anyone. Communications taken out of text can easily be
misinterpreted and falsely projected. You have to share all of it or
it is useless.

I don't need to make up anything about you. All I need to do is hold
you accountable for what you say and you do the rest.

You have made wicked allegations about me. YOU have attacked me. I
have called you on this and you are trying to wiggle out of it. Before
Yahweh, prove yourself! Show all of us what you are. Provide web
links to these hideous things you claim are true or everyone will see
for themselves what you are really like, 'Rabbi'

On Dec 23, 7:07 pm, "Fancier Quinn" <fancierqu...@gmail.com> wrote:
> HaShem does not have a plural image, so your god is not HaShem.
>
> Here is one of your attacks on me.
>
> But you know, by not  acknowledging the person of the Holy Spirit, you are
> not worthy to write about such matters - you are only a servant and a
> child-bearer of
> a man.
>
>   Ray
> <http://groups.google.com/groups/profile?enc_user=F5zQyBYAAABLmdSOhORY...>This

Fancier Quinn

Dec 23, 2007, 11:36:05 PM12/23/07
to TheNar...@googlegroups.com
The Rabbis tie Proverbs 30:20 to 19 almah. Rebeka is referred to as betulah - female indoor plumbing type person, Virgin as in never having sexual intercourse, this word is NOT used in Isaiah. Almah -young female, indoor plumbing type person, period, nothing about the status of her hymen, Avrahom, Ahaz, and Isaiah all refer to their wives as almah even after they gave birth, so then the only conclusion is, that there were a number of women never having sexual relations, even though married, that were giving birth.Shoots that be fruitful and multiply commandment in the foot! I will warn my congregation before they allow their virgin daughters, indoor plumbing type, female people to go to Yisrael, and if they should come back pregnant not to be surprised. Must be something in the water, huh?

 The rabbis agreed only to translate the Torah portion into Greek, it is not said who did the translating of the Prophets and Writings. It was not the 72 Rabbis that translated the Torah portion. Then we only have the Hebrew records that stating so, and most christians say the Jews lied and rewrote their history and the Scriptures, who can take the word of a Jew? particularly a Rabbi? especially 72 of them.

Who changed the order of the books from the Hebrew arrangement to the christian version (even in the christian bible Luke states the Hebraic order Luke 24:44) whoever changed the divisions makes their jesus out to be a liar or a fool for not knowing the christian divisions, that is nothing new, since Matthew is full of errors, for an all knowing god jesus sure didn't know the Hebrew Scriptures nor Hebrew history, blows that idea. Who added the chapters and verse divisions? Who added punctuation? Since the Scriptures were not written in this manner?

On Dec 23, 2007 10:04 PM, Moderator <NarrowG...@gmail.com> wrote:

Greetings Quinn,

Fancier Quinn

Dec 23, 2007, 11:49:37 PM12/23/07
to TheNar...@googlegroups.com
You asked for a quote - I gave it, now you are not happy with a quote. Now you want a link, if one was provided you would still not be happy. You said you never insulted me, and you have. I quoted you.You are a liar.  I said this would prove nothing more than Quinn said, Ray said. No you were not the first member, so you have lied yet again. I had to apologize to the group for allowing you to join. I was lead to believe you were open to learning the Hebraic interpretation of Scripture. As it turned out you were only looking for another forum to spew your heretical teachings. For the record I did not boot you from the group my spouse did, saying there was no reason to continue to let you hurl insults and spew anti-Semitic venom.

You lie again for what is > Nov 7 2006, 12:01 pm, if not a date and time?

On Dec 23, 2007 10:33 PM, Ray <marrie...@yahoo.com> wrote:

[...]

John Medwin

Dec 24, 2007, 12:29:26 AM12/24/07
to TheNar...@googlegroups.com
The rabbis tie the adulterous woman to "the way of a man to a maiden"? I guess that's why many of us don't always believe everything the rabbis do.  Context, context, context.    Oi vey, talk about a stretch!  The proverb is about things too wonderful to behold.  That doesn't say much for those rabbis!

Compare verse 18 to verses 15, 21, 29 and you'll see that each section is comparing similar things.  Best change the topic, you've lost your credibility.

And I suspect that there are few that are really hearing what you are saying because you have such a nasty way of saying them.  It may be in the NT, but the saying is still true, a tree is known by it's fruit.

> The Rabbis tie Proverbs 30:20 to 19 almah. Rebeka is referred to as betulah
> - female indoor plumbing type person, Virgin as in never having sexual
> intercourse, this word is NOT used in Isaiah.

Agreed. The prophecy in YeshiYah 7:14 was of a sign to Ahaz that
Yehudah would stand. Ahaz would be waiting a very long time indeed if
this was only to apply to Marah giving birth to Yahoshea some 750
years later. A double meaning must be applied to this verse if we are
to make it part of the prophecy of Mashiach, which is exactly what
'christianity' has done.

> Almah -young female, indoor
> plumbing type person, period, nothing about the status of her hymen,
> Avrahom, Ahaz, and Isaiah all refer to their wives as almah even after they
> gave birth, so then the only conclusion is, that there were a number of
> women never having sexual relations, even though married, that were giving
> birth.Shoots that be fruitful and multiply commandment in the foot! I will
> warn my congregation before they allow their virgin daughters, indoor
> plumbing type, female people to go to Yisrael, and if they should come back
> pregnant not to be surprised. Must be something in the water, huh?

Did I miss something? No one is contesting what you appear to have
"gone off" on.

> The rabbis agreed only to translate the Torah portion into Greek, it is not
> said who did the translating of the Prophets and Writings. It was not the 72
> Rabbis that translated the Torah portion.

I agree with you but can you document that it was not some if not all
of the same 72? Does it really matter? Because it may not have been
the same 72 that translated the Torah, does it make those who did
translate the Nevi'im and Ketubim into Greek completely inept?

> Then we only have the Hebrew
> records that stating so, and most christians say the Jews lied and rewrote
> their history and the Scriptures, who can take the word of a Jew?
> particularly a Rabbi? especially 72 of them.

Has anyone here made such a charge? I think not. It appears that you
have slapped the same broad label on anyone and everyone with whom you
disagree. Just how big is that chip on your shoulder? Hmm... let's see:

> Who changed the order of the books from the Hebrew arrangement to the
> christian version (even in the christian bible Luke states the Hebraic order
> Luke 24:44) whoever changed the divisions makes their jesus out to be a liar
> or a fool for not knowing the christian divisions, that is nothing new,
> since Matthew is full of errors, for an all knowing god jesus sure didn't
> know the Hebrew Scriptures nor Hebrew history, blows that idea. Who added
> the chapters and verse divisions? Who added punctuation? Since the
> Scriptures were not written in this manner?

You appear to be quite angry about what the translators did. I accept
them as what they are - the work of men who make mistakes. We are all
imperfect.

I believe the "fools" and "liars" are the men who have introduced
their personal beliefs, their "theology," into scripture through
twisting their translations or versions. We have many examples in
front of us where exactly that went on.

As imperfect as the divisions of chapters and verses are, I'm thankful
for them because, as an example,

itwouldbeverydifficulttoreadscripturewithoutbreaksintextpunctuationchaptersandversesbecauseeverypassagewouldreadjustlikethis

and -

howwouldweknowtodiscussyeshiyah714withoutchapterandversereferences

Is it frustrating when I see how some passages were altered to promote
personal beliefs? Yes, but we work with the tools with which we are
provided. No "translation" or "version" is THE WORD of YHVH. Our
responsibility is to study and search for the truth using what we have
at hand.

~ Moderator

Ray

Dec 24, 2007, 12:40:18 AM12/24/07
to The Narrow Gate
You seem to be frazzled Quinn. I wrote nothing about quotes. I will
not say anything about you that I cannot validate for others to see
but as I wrote, I don't need to. You're doing a pretty good job of
dirtying yourself without any of my help.

I have a right to defend myself. Now provide the board the links you
must have to validate your personal attack on me. So far you have not
provided even one link to validate your untrue statements.

If this is how you teach scripture then your flock is being led by a
false teacher. You know the words but your heart is dark. You do not
understand what the words communicate and the sad part is, you seem to
be above learning.

I wrote this today at 1:45 pm
>I never said any of these horrible things - EVER! You state I wrote things by telling others that I wrote them. If you have any worth at all then you PRESENT YOUR PROOF - NOWl. Substantiate your wicked and vile accusations with direct web links so that all of us can see your face.

A true teacher of the word of Yahweh would not make false accusations
as you do.

On Dec 23, 10:49 pm, "Fancier Quinn" <fancierqu...@gmail.com> wrote:
> You asked for a quote - I gave it, now you are not happy with a quote. Now
> you want a link, if one was provided you would still not be happy. You said
> you never insulted me, and you have. I quoted you.You are a liar.  I said
> this would prove nothing more than Quinn said, Ray said. No you were not the
> first member, so you have lied yet again. I had to apologize to the group
> for allowing you to join. I was lead to believe you were open to learning
> the Hebraic interpretation of Scripture. As it turned out you were only
> looking for another forum to spew your heretical teachings. For the record I
> did not boot you from the group my spouse did, saying there was no reason to
> continue to let you hurl insults and spew anti-Semitic venom.
>
> You lie again for what is > Nov 7 2006, 12:01 pm, if not a date and time?

Fancier Quinn

Dec 24, 2007, 12:41:51 AM12/24/07
to TheNar...@googlegroups.com
A young woman is a young woman, the way of a man with a maiden IS sexual relations. They didn't sit there and play dreidle

Believe what you want, agree with ray and believe that your god is a child as well as a father/mother.

Calling me in essence a sperm depository and a slave, implying I did not receive S'mikhah, now who can say LaShonRah?

Fancier Quinn

Dec 24, 2007, 12:49:19 AM12/24/07
to TheNar...@googlegroups.com
The proverbs 30:19 verse is comparing things that do not leave a mark of their having been there.

John Medwin

Dec 24, 2007, 1:01:23 AM12/24/07
to TheNar...@googlegroups.com
Well if you think that the way of a man with a maid is as wonderful as a whore, then we're simply not on the wrong page.  Sex is a wonderful thing, but adultery is not!

You keep spewing and can't seem to hear or notice what I have written.  I worship YHWH and YHWH alone.  I do not worship the Messiah.  I know the difference.  (and I do not think that YHWH impregnated anybody - for the last time!!!!)  You paint with a broad brush that is not very accurate.  We do not all believe as you think we do.

As to sperm depository - what are you talking about?  We are here to debate Scriptures - why are you getting personal and spewing all this trash?  That is why your words are falling to the ground on this forum.  It is amazing how your words seem to carry such hatred that travels right over the Internet.  That is the rotten fruit to which I am referring.  Solid theology that is rooted in hatred is still rotten.

Fancier Quinn

Dec 24, 2007, 1:34:46 AM12/24/07
to TheNar...@googlegroups.com
Ray said he never insulted me, and demanded that I show where,when he did. I did and now you dispute that.

Your jesus was NOT the messiah. He was not of the proper lineage, not did he do the acts of the messiah.

Yes, I have quite enough how Jews are every bit as vile as the new testament says they are are how the christian god has rejected us for not worshiping jesus, the messiah that was not. christians are worse than Islam, Islam only wishes to kill our body and christians desire to kill the soul of the Jew.

Once again the verses are discussing things that leave no mark that they were there, not the wonders of adultery as opposed to sexual relations with any woman. For verse 19 never implies these 2 were married. Or do you believe only married people have sexual relations? Well,  except for all those virgin births, that never were. Perhaps you believe in recycled virgins. Almah means young human female with NO regard to the status of her hymen! Almah does not mean "virgin"- never having sexual relations, it means young female person. Isaiah used this as a term of endearment after his wife gave birth, he did say imply that his son was the result of a virgin birth, neither was Hezekiah born of a virgin- never having sexual relations mother. Just as a man today would introduce his wife as his "young bride" even after they celebrate their 50th wedding anniversary.

Moderator

Dec 24, 2007, 3:10:35 AM12/24/07
to The Narrow Gate
Greetings Quinn,

So we see that you are upset about Ray calling you a "sperm depository
and a slave." I have read your post of Ray's comments and while what
he said could be represented as that, I don't believe he meant to
degrade or insult you.

I don't know what interaction came before or after the comments of Ray
that you posted, so it is impossible to evaluate them in context.
Could your reaction to his comments be a little overboard? Were his
comments in response to a perceived insult or attack from you?

Quinn, whatever the circumstances were then, you are in a complete
"attack" mode now. You share very little that helps us understand why
you seem so riled up. Could you explain with scripture why your
position or belief is any more valid than another's on this forum?
Otherwise it seems that you response is a gross over-reaction. Perhaps
you should open a topic about what you see as the true identity of
'Jesus' from your "Jewish" perspective to educate and inform us.

On Dec 24, 12:34 am, "Fancier Quinn" <fancierqu...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Ray said he never insulted me, and demanded that I show where, when he did. I
> did and now you dispute that.

(Not I, but John Medwin disputed...)

While I value and welcome free expression of ideas and I learn much
for differing opinions - even if they seem extreme, I must say that
the recent exchange I have observed on this forum in this thread would
have insulted many. Including your following statement:

> Your jesus was NOT the messiah. He was not of the proper lineage, not did he
> do the acts of the messiah.

Your opinion, and you are welcome to it. It would appear to be a
futile attempt to reason otherwise with you. Why not attempt to show
us why he could not have been the Mashiach?

> Yes, I have quite enough how Jews are every bit as vile as the new testament
> says they are are how the christian god has rejected us for not worshiping
> jesus, the messiah that was not. christians are worse than Islam, Islam only
> wishes to kill our body and christians desire to kill the soul of the Jew.

And how would 'christians' carry out their desire to "kill the soul of
the Jew"? By turning the "Jew" from following Torah? By abandoning the
Festivals of YHVH? By worshiping "Jesus"? Again, I reject the broad
brush with which you have painted all who follow Yahoshea.

I "desire" none of these things. I do not identify with 'christians.'
I follow a rabbi who is of the Tribe of Yahudah. He knew the TaNaK
very well, probably better than anyone else that ever lived. He highly
regarded it, quoted it often and almost exclusively taught only its
truths. Most 'christian' denominations have perverted his teachings -
twisted them to build their new religions. This was not his doing. Man
is responsible for these perversions, NOT YHVH or Yahoshea.

> Once again the verses are discussing things that leave no mark that they
> were there, not the wonders of adultery as opposed to sexual relations with
> any woman. For verse 19 never implies these 2 were married.

Neither does it imply that they aren't married. Why would YHVH say
that the way of a man with, as you claim, an "adulterous whore," would
be something that would be "too wonderful"? In context your
interpretation appears out of place and inconsistent.

~ Moderator

LeeJosephO

Dec 24, 2007, 8:25:08 AM12/24/07
to The Narrow Gate
On Dec 23, 3:15 pm, "Fancier Quinn" <fancierqu...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Your jesus is one of the demi-gods ... A creation of Paul ...

Shaul-Paul did not create anything or anyone. Christianity's false
image/representation of The Messiah came on the scene later.

I hope somebody reading this can see that all this rhetorical argument
and "you, you, you" stuff is foolishness. However done, Yahuah alone
saves and The Messiah of Scripture bore/bears witness of Him in right
fellowship and worship.

Fancier Quinn

Dec 24, 2007, 8:51:12 AM12/24/07
to TheNar...@googlegroups.com
Well if calling someone a sperm depository and a slave isn't an insult -you obviously do not know what an insult is.

I did post the reasons along with the Scriptures as to why jesus is not the messiah. There is no reason to continue to post the same information again that you do not even choose to see.

Have Ray as your teacher believing in a child/father/mother god, that is not HaShem, The Holy ONE of Yisrael, The Creator King of the Universe!

[...]

So there was no reason for the death of your jesus/yeshu, HaShem finds human sacrifice an abomination but you stuff not only another god in HIS face violating Shemot/Exodus 20:3 also waving not only your middle finger at HIM telling HIM you will take HIS kingdom without following HIS rules, you add a dead man on a stick that you worship in HIS place making HIS words an abomination to yourself.

Yeshayahu/Isaiah 42: 8. I am the Lord, that is My Name; and My glory I will not give to another, nor My praise to the graven images.

Yeshayahu/Isaiah 48: 11. For My sake, for My sake I will do, for how shall it be profaned? And My honor I will not give to another.

HaShem is alone on the throne of heaven, and Paul's statements of jesus sitting of the right hand of HaShem are further proof of his rebelliousness and violation of the Scriptures.

Yeshayahu/Isaiah 45:
5. I am the Lord, and there is no other; besides Me there is no God: I will strengthen you although you have not known Me.

6. In order that they know from the shining of the sun and from the west that there is no one besides Me; I am the Lord and there is no other.

21. Declare and present, let them even take counsel together; who announced this from before, [who] declared it from then? Is it not I, the Lord, and there are no other gods besides Me, a just and saving God there is not besides Me.

Yeshayahu/Isaiah 47:8. And now, hearken to this, delicate one, who sits securely, who says to herself, "I am [it], and there is none besides me; I will not sit [as] a widow; neither will I know bereavement."

10. And you trusted in your evil, you said, "No one sees me." Your wisdom and your knowledge-that perverted you. And you said to yourself, "I am [it], and there is none besides me."

Twice HaShem says HE will not share HIS glory with another. Paul says that there is glory of HaShem with Jesus and glory of the execution stake.

The choice as with the matter of circumcision is do you desire the kingdom of Paul which is in rebellion to the kingdom of HaShem, or the kingdom of HaShem.

Paul violated not only Shemot/Exodus 20:3 Have no other god in MY face, he also violates Devarim/Deuteronomy 13:5 not to start a new religion.Not to mention again that Paul says circumcision is worthless either of the flesh or the heart and HaShem says that no one who is not circumcised in the flesh and of the heart shall enter HIS kingdom.

Yechezkel/Ezekiel 44:9. So said the Lord God: No alien of uncircumcised heart or of uncircumcised flesh may enter My Sanctuary, of any alien who is in the midst of the Children of Israel.

What you are then saying is the Prophets did not give the true instruction of HaShem - Paul was the only one from the creation of the world to get it right.

John Medwin

Dec 24, 2007, 9:36:18 AM12/24/07
to TheNar...@googlegroups.com
According to your standards, Moshe is in rebellion as well.  You rebuke Paul for halting circumcision, yet Moshe did the same thing!!!

Jos 5:5 ASV

For all the people that came out were circumcised; but all the people that were born in the wilderness by the way as they came forth out of Egypt, they had not circumcised.

So why did not Moshe have the children born in the wilderness circumcised?  I don't know either.  But equal weights and equal measures.  The standard by which you condemn Paul is the standard to which you must judge Moshe.

Peter tells us that the words of Paul are hard to understand and indeed they are.  We do not know the problems to which Paul was addressing.  There are several kinds of circumcisions going on at the time.  Since Paul lived as  Jew and said he never transgressed Torah, I have to assume that he was addressing something other than the Torah command.  I suspect Paul was addressing whether the Gentiles needed to accept the Oral Law of the Pharisees, and convert via circumcision.

Pauls words ring true though.  Its not that circumcision is not of value.  But is the Jew who is circumcised but lives like a heathen any better off than us Gentiles who live as Jews, keep Torah, the Feast days, eat kosher but haven't gotten circumcised yet?  We also don't know the circumstances to which these folks were living under.  Obviously, there are circumstances to where circumcision was halted, but as you pointed out, before we enter into the Promised Land (Messianic kingdom), we will need to do as Joshua did and put all things in order.

Once again, your viewpoint is that of the preachers.  They tell us that Paul and Yeshua never kept or promoted Torah.  Upon closer look, you will see that not only did they both live that way, but their whole message was in fact based on it.

Salvation is based upon Torah, which is why the NT repeats over and over and over again we are to keep the commandments if we really love God and the Messiah.  And you are right, all a Jew needs to do is repent.  But to repent means you first have to have first "pented".  Us Gentiles cannot return to something we never had.  Somebody has to take us by the hand and lead us into Torah - something by the way - Jews seems reluctant to do today.

This Yeshua brought me into Torah.  I don't know if he is anybody else's Messiah, but this I know - he brought ME into Torah.  I am indebted to him.  That makes him my saviour (little S).  That makes him a faithful servant of YHWH.  (see Ezek 34:24)  Because of him I am know understanding who the Holy One of Israel is.

And I don't know where you get all this "we hate the Jews"  thing.  The NT tells us that we are grafted into you!  The pagan church tells us to graft you into us, but that is not what the NT says.  We are to grab the Jew and say "thy people shall be my people, and thy God my God".  What makes it difficult is when the Jews don't have the heart of Naomi and instead tell us what a bunch of filthy pagans we are.

Dec 24, 2007, 9:54:32 AM12/24/07
to TheNar...@googlegroups.com
Paul is in rebellion to the Creator. The Creator says no one uncircumcised both in flesh and heart would not enter HIS kingdom - Paul says circumcision of either flesh or heart is worthless. The Creator says HE will not share HIS glory with another - Paul says jesus shares the glory of the father.
The Creator says not to start a new religion - Paul does just that. The Creator says there is none beside HIM  - Paul says jesus sits at HIS right hand.

The decision then is whose kingdom does one wish to enter - that of the Creator or that or Paul.
--

"If you don't understand weapons, you don't understand fighting. If

Fancier Quinn

Dec 24, 2007, 10:00:59 AM12/24/07
to TheNar...@googlegroups.com
Yet you tell us we will burn in your hell for not believing that there are 2 Creators, jesus is the savior, that it is unnecessary to circumcise, keep the feasts, that jesus shares the glory of HaShem, that HaShem is not alone on the throne, and that our interpretation of the Scriptures must match yours, even though we had them first, studied them longer, received them directly. In short you say that the forgery came first and the original came at a later date and christianity has it and Jews have the forgery.

On Dec 24, 2007 8:36 AM, John Medwin <medw...@yadtel.net> wrote:

--

"If you don't understand weapons, you don't understand fighting. If

John Medwin

Dec 24, 2007, 10:34:30 AM12/24/07
to TheNar...@googlegroups.com
Quinn:  Paul says circumcision of either flesh or heart is worthless.
PROOVE IT!

Quinn:  The Creator says not to start a new religion - Paul does just that.
PROOVE IT!

Quinn:  The decision then is whose kingdom does one wish to enter - that of the Creator or that or Paul.
PROOVE IT

Quinn:  Yet you tell us we will burn in your hell for not believing that there are 2 Creators
PROOVE IT

Quinn:  short you say that the forgery came first
PROOVE IT

Enough of your trash - either come up with verses or shut up!  In many cases you state just the opposite of what the NT says.  My friend, you know little of which you speak.  Your silly baseless charges are growing old. Perhaps you think this is a forum for the Catholic church.  Why not attack them on their forum? This is a forum of folks who keep Torah and the Feast Days and believe in walking in Torah.  And the reason is, the NT lead us there.

Does Moshe have any of the glory of the Creator?  Of course he does, the Creator gave it to him.  God always shares his glory with the priests:

Exo 28:2 ASV

And thou shalt make holy garments for Aaron thy brother, for glory and for beauty.So you are misapplying Scripture.  The verse you are referring to is about idolatry.   Yeshua is glorified in the same way that Moshe is glorified - faithful servants are always given esteem.    Yeshua is said to be seated at the right hand of the Father - he is never said to be the Father or be on the throne of God.

Ray

Dec 24, 2007, 10:36:40 AM12/24/07
to The Narrow Gate
Joseph,

One has a right to defend themselves against false accusations. Surely
you know the damage false witnesses can do. Her statements against me
are wicked and cruel and they will remain here for as long as this
message board exists. I have shown how they are false. She has access
to everything I've posted on the web and cannot find even one web link
to validate even one of her hideous statements.

The slander has been one-way toward me. I truly feel sorry for her but
I have a defense now. It's important to me for others to see the
truth.

Ray

Fancier Quinn

Dec 24, 2007, 10:46:13 AM12/24/07
to TheNar...@googlegroups.com
1Corinthians 7:19 Circumcision is nothing, and uncircumcision is nothing, but the keeping of the commandments of God.

Yechezkel/Ezekiel 44:
9. So said the Lord God: No alien of uncircumcised heart or of uncircumcised flesh may enter My Sanctuary, of any alien who is in the midst of the Children of Israel.

Devarim 13:6.
And that prophet, or that dreamer of a dream shall be put to death; because he spoke falsehood about the Lord, your God Who brought you out of the land of Egypt, and Who redeemed you from the house of bondage, to lead you astray from the way in which the Lord, your God, commanded you to go; so shall you clear away the evil from your midst

1Corinthians 12:31 But covet earnestly the best gifts: and yet shew I unto you a more excellent way.

John Medwin

Dec 24, 2007, 10:59:49 AM12/24/07
to TheNar...@googlegroups.com

Rom 2:25 ASV

For circumcision indeed profiteth, if thou be a doer of the law: but if thou be a transgressor of the law, thy circumcision is become uncircumcision.

Paul never says it's worthless.  He says he profits you nothing if you don't keep the commandments.  Read what you quoted and see the meaning.  Do you really think having the skin cut off your pecker will bring merit to a murderer?   Once again, you don't understand either the NT or the Tanach.  Pauls words are true and in line with the Tanach.

Fancier Quinn

Dec 24, 2007, 11:05:54 AM12/24/07
to TheNar...@googlegroups.com
Then believe that Paul is god and enter into his kingdom and the Creator King of the Universe is the liar and that you do not have to obey HIS Rules to enter HIS kingdom. That you will make and win the war in the heavenlies and Kill the Creator King.

Fancier Quinn

Dec 24, 2007, 11:06:42 AM12/24/07
to TheNar...@googlegroups.com
1Corinthians 7:19 Circumcision is nothing, and uncircumcision is nothing, but the keeping of the commandments of God.

John Medwin

Dec 24, 2007, 11:14:58 AM12/24/07
to TheNar...@googlegroups.com

Deu 10:16 ASV

Circumcise therefore the foreskin of your heart, and be no more stiffnecked.

(HaShem said that!)

Fancier Quinn

Dec 24, 2007, 11:21:44 AM12/24/07
to TheNar...@googlegroups.com
7. By bringing aliens of uncircumcised heart and of uncircumcised flesh to be in My Sanctuary to profane My House, by offering up My food, fat and blood, and they broke My covenant in addition to all your abominations.
aliens [lit. sons of an alien.] [Sons of] one whose deeds have become alienated from his Father in Heaven; this is an apostate who worships idols. They are the ones "of uncircumcised heart."
and of uncircumcised flesh [a] priest whose brothers died because of circumcision.
8. You did not keep the watch of My holy things, and you appointed keepers of My watch in My Sanctuary.
And you appointed keepers of My watch in My Sanctuary You knowingly appointed in My Sanctuary, people who are not fit to be keepers of My watch.
9. So said the Lord God: No alien of uncircumcised heart or of uncircumcised flesh may enter My Sanctuary, of any alien who is in the midst of the Children of Israel.

John Medwin

Dec 24, 2007, 11:29:29 AM12/24/07
to TheNar...@googlegroups.com
Yeah, and your point?  Nobody is arguing circumcision.  It is a Torah command and if you'll note, as mentioned 100 times, we are Torah keepers.

Please note your quote.  Cutting the flesh alone is not enough.  That is what Paul was saying.

John Medwin

Dec 24, 2007, 11:31:30 AM12/24/07
to TheNar...@googlegroups.com
You might also note that Deut 10:16 was written to Jews.
Circumcise therefore the foreskin of your heart, and be no more stiffnecked.

Fancier Quinn

Dec 24, 2007, 11:36:26 AM12/24/07
to TheNar...@googlegroups.com
You are not following Torah you are following Paul's religion that he says is better than Torah.
Message has been deleted

Moderator

Dec 24, 2007, 12:39:24 PM12/24/07
to The Narrow Gate
Greetings Quinn,

On Dec 24, 10:36 am, "Fancier Quinn" <fancierqu...@gmail.com> wrote:
> You are not following Torah you are following Paul's religion that he says
> is better than Torah.

Pride and arrogance come before a great fall. I can't say when I've
ever seen a greater display than what you have presented here. Your
presumptions are wrong, your accusations are wrong, you bear false
witness against those who you do not know, placing words in their
mouths, thoughts in their minds and beliefs in their hearts that they
do not say, think or hold. When we bear false witness, we will be
held
accountable. YHVH is the only righteous judge, NOT Quinn.

I stand with you in condemnation of the twisted, distorted view of
Torah and the TaNaK that "christianity" presents. I would also stand
with you in your condemnation of the common "christian"
interpretation
of Shaul's writings. You are condemning me and others here on our
forum for believing something which we do not! Your condemnation is
of
the 'christian' interpretation of Shaul's writings. I also believe
the
common 'christian' beliefs that you so harshly criticize are wrong!

Your statement shows a complete lack of understanding at least of my
perspective on Shaul, Yahoshea and 'christianity'. You accuse all of
us of following the twisted interpretation of scripture presented by
the 'christian' churches. This is NOT what I believe. And I think it
is NOT what John Medwin believes, as he has tried to get across to
you. Though I cannot presume to speak for everyone, it is also
probably NOT what most "messianic" believers that have written on
this
forum follow.

Your harsh venomous criticism is simply misplaced. You lack
understanding of our perspective, lumping us together with the "demon
christians." You have classified us with the hosts of haSâtan
himself.

~ Moderator

Fancier Quinn

Dec 24, 2007, 1:04:49 PM12/24/07
to TheNar...@googlegroups.com
There was no jesus/yeshua.yahushea (all feminine spellings) or any other spelling that you present.
You appear to hold fast to the idea that your New christian testament is a Greek document.
The letters of your Paul were written before the gospels which were written by those not familiar with Hebraic history, Scriptures or customs.
There is a Temple birth record for Yochanan Ben Zachariah, but none for his supposed cousin born 6 months later. The Hebrew Matthew states that those of a circumcised heart say that Yochanan is Yoshi and that The Torah and the prophets spoke of Yochanan
You talk of HaShem becoming a human which HE said He was not. You say HaShem had a human son that now sits in the lap of HaShem since HaShem says there is not beside HIM, even though you Paul says this is a lie that jesus does sit beside the father and shares his glory even though HaShem said He would not share HIS glory, HaShem said HE was the only Saviour, Paul says "LIAR!! jesus is the saviour." This jesus that only existed in the allegories of Yochanan.
Paul answers the question of the source of his vision of light which he retells differently 3 times when he said Satan comes as an angel of light.
Paul paints the christian tale of Satan rather than the Hebrew understanding. That of Satan having an opposing kingdom to that of HaShem, while the Hebraic understanding is HaSatan is a faithful servant of HaShem, serving a debt collector, and prosecuting attorney.
On 12/24/07, Moderator <NarrowG...@gmail.com> wrote:

Greetings Quinn,

On Dec 24, 10:36 am, "Fancier Quinn" <fancierqu...@gmail.com> wrote:
> You are not following Torah you are following Paul's religion that he says
> is better than Torah.

John Medwin

Dec 24, 2007, 1:22:33 PM12/24/07
to The Narrow Gate
Well said!

Dec 24, 2007, 3:38:41 PM12/24/07
to TheNar...@googlegroups.com
It's a shame you must resort to insults instead of scholarship.  Yeshua is a Scriptural name:

Neh 3:19 The Scriptures '98

(19) And next to him Ezer son of Yeshua, the ruler of Mitspah, repaired another section before the going up to the armoury at the corner.
It's a shame that you spew so, as I agree with much of what you say - though you do not seem to hear too well.  3 times the Tanach says that HaShem is not a man and that He changes not.  Nowhere does the NT say that HaShem became a man or became a human sacrifice.  That is all assumed theology handed down by the Roman Church.  Nowhere does the NT say that HaShem had a human son, except of course Adam and Solomon (and now Yeshua).  So take that for what you will.  HaShem glorifies whom He chooses to glorify - that is His choosing, not yours.

And you cannot seem to grasp the whole saviour thing.  Were all the saviours that Obediah spoke of also HaShem?  According to you, either they could not exist, as only YHWH is Saviour.  Scripture says that YHWH raises up saviours, so get over it.  It is a shame that the church tried to make their saviour into God, but that is a very Jewish thing to do.  If you remember, the bronze serpent was destroyed years later because Israel worshipped it.  The children of Israel tend to worship the instrument of their salvation, do they not?

And I too agree with your stance on Satan, but I do not see where the NT (when taken as a whole) contradicts that.

And as to Paul, you continue to make the same mistakes as the preachers:

1Ti 2:5 KJV

For [there is] one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;
Paul always claims one true God AND the Messiah.  He never confuses the 2 as you do (and most Christians do).

Dec 24, 2007, 10:04:17 PM12/24/07
to TheNar...@googlegroups.com

Quinn:  "Paul, told his followers that he needed to discard his Jewish identity in order to follow Jesus"

Act 21:20-24 ASV

And they, when they heard it, glorified God; and they said unto him, Thou seest, brother, how many thousands there are among the Jews of them that have believed; and they are all zealous for the law: (21) and they have been informed concerning thee, that thou teachest all the Jews who are among the Gentiles to forsake Moses, telling them not to circumcise their children neither to walk after the customs. (22) What is it therefore? They will certainly hear that thou art come. (23) Do therefore this that we say to thee: We have four men that have a vow on them; (24) these take, and purify thyself with them, and be at charges for them, that they may shave their heads: and all shall know that there is no truth in the things whereof they have been informed concerning thee; but that thou thyself also walkest orderly, keeping the law.
 Act 28:17 ASV And it came to pass, that after three days he called together those that were the chief of the Jews: and when they were come together, he said unto them, I, brethren, though I had done nothing against the people, or the customs of our fathers, yet was delivered prisoner from Jerusalem into the hands of the Romans:

 Rom 3:31 ASV Do we then make the law of none effect through faith? God forbid: nay, we establish the law.

1Co 11:1 MRC

Be imitators of me, just as I also am of Messiah.

Quinn, I can certainly understand your confusion.  You are repeating what we have been hearing in church for ages.  But obviously, you are as mistaken as the church.  Paul not only walked in Torah and the customs of the Jews and taught others to do the same.  But there is a return taking place.  Slowly the Roman teachings are falling by the wayside.  I would think this should encourage you - that perhaps we may be living at the time when the fullness of the gentiles takes place.  I know there are rabbis in Israel who are rejoicing to see this day.  So this bitterness of yours towards us is hard for me to understand.  Kind of reminds me of the old preachers on the street corners telling all the sinners how they are going straight to hell.  You may have more in common with Christians than you realize.

>> One has a right to defend themselves against false accusations.

I am not aware of defending oneself being an inalienable right.
Either way, however, The Messiah remained silent in the face of His
accusers.

>> Surely you know the damage false witnesses can do.

Surely.

>> It's important to me for others to see the truth.

About what, or about whom?

None of this is about you, me or any other mere mortal.

LeeJosephO

Dec 25, 2007, 8:10:52 AM12/25/07
to The Narrow Gate
On Dec 24, 9:54 am, "Fancier Quinn" <fancierqu...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Paul says circumcision of either flesh or heart is worthless.

I do not know Paul's own actual words about circumcision, and context
would be crucial to understanding them anyway.

Personally, and with one being challenging and belated, I have
overseen the physical circumcision of each of my still-young grandsons
and I know the value of those circumcisions.

Moderator

Dec 25, 2007, 8:21:53 AM12/25/07
to The Narrow Gate
Greetings again Quinn,

On Dec 24, 4:08 pm, "Fancier Quinn" <fancierqu...@gmail.com> wrote:
> YHVH's intervention in the process of conception. Marah/Miriam/'Mary' was
> only the vessel delivering the life that was created within her by YHVH.
>
> Then HaShem is not involved in every human conception, then making this line
> in the Tehillim a lie!
> Psalms 127:3 Lo, children [are] an heritage of the LORD: [and] the fruit of
> the womb [is his] reward.

Quinn, is there no end to your false conclusions and your disjointed
and baseless assumptions? I find your "tunnel vision" and tainted
"logic" boorish!

The premise of your statement is that if YHVH was involved in one
process of conception then he cannot be involved in every conception.
Huh? Who said that? Not me.

There is, however, a completely different level of involvement between
Tehillim 127:3 and Luke 1:31. For example, if I was an obstetrician
involved in every delivery of my patients' children, does that mean
that I have fathered them all? Of course not. The difference is my
level of participation.

> Which of course is not the Hebraic understanding of the verse.

The Hebraic understanding of Tehillim 127:3 has no bearing on whether
YHVH is involved in every conception or was the father of Yahoshea.
Hebraic "understanding" alters neither truth nor historical events.

> But as so many have told me - Jews have no understanding of their Scriptures
> - it takes a spirit-filled christian to interpret the Hebrew Scriptures
> correctly. For only babbling in gibberish christians have the mind of god
> and his jesus that no Jews will ever have.

We will let the readers of this exchange decide who is "babbling in
gibberish."

With "christian" friends like that, who needs enemies? If I were you,
I would hang out with a different crowd. To my knowledge, no one on
this forum has ever said anything like that so do not lump us in with
those 'cristians.'

Some read the Talmud and say that a "Jew" may kill a "gentile" without
condemnation or punishment. Does that make it so? Are all "Jews"
murderers of "gentiles"?

> While the Messianic/Christian has no idea that in Hebrew - line upon line,
> precept upon precept - is baby talk mono-syllables the equivalent of
> goo-goo, ga ga, ba !

May I paraphrase your remarks - "Poor stupid Messianic Jews."

> For Messianics are not Jews, they are deluded Christians believing they

"Poor stupid and deluded Messianic Jews."

> stand in both worlds, when in fact they do not stand, at all, they have
> fallen for deception

"Poor stupid deluded and deceived Messianic Jews."

> A Jew is a Jew and a Christian is a Christian
> There have been spiritually hungry Jews who have become Christians. When

"Poor stupid deluded deceived and spiritually-hungry Messianic Jews."

> they lacked education in Torah they did not study, but instead, put their focus
> into Christian bible. And usually, such a person will normally call himself or
> herself a Christian.

"Poor stupid deluded deceived spiritually-hungry and uneducated
Messianic Jews."

> the members of Messianic "Jewish" or Christian-sects-with-Jewish-Symbolism
> (hereafter known as CSWJS) CSWJS Churches (that are incorrectly labeled as
> "temples") are Christians. Christians fund their churches. And yet, CSWJS
> members intentionally blur the distinction in order to entice and deceive the
> uneducated and spiritually hungry Jew.

"Poor stupid deluded deceived spiritually-hungry uneducated and
deceptive Messianic Jews."

> Let's get clear on at least one thing: Judaism and Christianity are incompatible
> religions, even though they both participating in devotional and spiritual
> expression. We need to remember the saying of the most successful
> Christian missionary. Paul, told his followers that he needed to
> discard his Jewish identity in order to follow Jesus (Philippians 3:8).
> So too must any Jew who participates in the way of Paul. There is no
> valid relationship between Judaism and Christianity. (exerpt from Drashi)

You, as most who look at Shaul's writings with the tainted 'christian'
world-view, are simply wrong.

I will address this in my next post.

~ Moderator

NarrowGateGroup

Dec 25, 2007, 8:36:36 AM12/25/07
to TheNar...@googlegroups.com

Greetings Quinn,

On Dec 24, 4:08 pm, "Fancier Quinn" <fancierqu...@gmail.com> wrote:

> We need to remember the saying of the most successful Christian missionary.

> Paul, told his followers that he needed to discard his Jewish identity in

> order to follow Jesus (Philippians 3:8). So too must any Jew who

> participates in the way of Paul. There is no valid relationship between

> Judaism and Christianity. (exerpt from Drashi)

Overwhelming scriptural evidence from the book of Acts is presented below and spans 25 years of the very beginning of the first century ‘church.’ Most of it is Shaul’s own words and deeds, but it all weighs in on the side of Torah still being very much alive and well.

This was written in response to a person who said that Torah was “dead, done away, voided, faulty,” etc. just as you would claim we all believe. Not so. I have provided 37 verses from 9 different sections of Acts that clearly state Shaul’s and others continuous adherence to Torah. “Christianity” denies the validity of these sections and explains them away. They are wrong.

SECTION 1False witnesses say Stephan blasphemed the law (Torah):

Act 6:11-14  Then they suborned men, which said, We have heard him (Stephan) speak blasphemous words against Moses, and against God. And they stirred up the people, and the elders, and the scribes, and came upon him, and caught him, and brought him to the council, And set up false witnesses, which said, This man ceaseth not to speak blasphemous words against this holy place, and the law (Torah): For we have heard him say, that this Jesus of Nazareth shall destroy this place, and shall change the customs which Moses delivered us.

If the “suborned men” were “false witnesses” and were lying (“false witness” = liar), then Stephan did NOT do that of which they accused him, else they weren’t “false!” Thus he did not “speak blasphemous words against Moses, and against ‘God’,” or “against the ‘holy place’ and the law,” or to “change the customs which Moses delivered.”

If he did NOT “speak blasphemous words against the law (Torah),” then what did he speak about the law? Were the “false witnesses” really “true witnesses”? Did Stephan say “blasphemous words against the law” or not?

SECTION 2 – Shaul makes a Nazir vow from “obsolete” Torah:

Act 21:24  Them take, and purify thyself with them, and be at charges with them, that they may shave their heads: and all may know that those things, whereof they were informed concerning thee, are nothing; but that thou thyself also walkest orderly, and keepest the law (Torah).

The men spoken of in this verse had made a Nazir vow according to Torah as given in Bemidbar/‘Numbers’ 6:2-21. To show that he “walked orderly and kept the law,” Shaul then joined with them and fulfilled the days of their (now also his) vow with these four men according to the “Old Testament” law - Torah:

Act 21:26  Then Paul took the men, and the next day purifying himself with them entered into the temple, to signify the accomplishment of the days of purification, until that an offering should be offered for every one of them.

Why?

Was he, as you have said, “binding what should not be bound”? Was he disobedient to Yahweh by observing this “obsolete” custom from the “useless” and “void” law?

SECTION 3 – Shaul finally gets it – and from a “devout man according to the law (Torah)”:

Act 22:10-13  And I said, What shall I do, Lord? And the Lord said unto me, Arise, and go into Damascus; and there it shall be told thee of all things which are appointed for thee to do. And when I could not see for the glory of that light, being led by the hand of them that were with me, I came into Damascus. And one Ananias, a devout man according to the law (Torah), having a good report of all the Jews which dwelt there, Came unto me, and stood, and said unto me, Brother Saul, receive thy sight. And the same hour I looked up upon him.

Act 22:14-16  And he said, The [Almighty] of our fathers hath chosen thee, that thou shouldest know his will, and see that Just One, and shouldest hear the voice of his mouth. For thou shalt be his witness unto all men of what thou hast seen and heard. And now why tarriest thou? arise, and be baptized, and wash away thy sins, calling on the name of the Lord.

This is Shaul relating what happened to him as recorded in Acts 9:10-19. But what’s wrong with this picture?

Here we have Ananias, a “devout man according to the (‘faulty, obsolete, abolished, voided’) law (Torah)” who is also a believer… and not just any ordinary garden-variety believer, but the one who the ‘Lord’ personally speaks to and chooses to deliver the most powerful prophetic message about Shaul to him in person.

How could he be such a “devout” man of the law and also a believer? Was Ananias also “binding what should not be bound”? Did he not yet understand that the law was “obsolete”?

SECTION 4 – Shaul is arrested and uses Torah to condemn his captors:

Act 23:2-5  And the high priest Ananias commanded them that stood by him to smite him on the mouth. Then said Paul unto him, [Yahweh] shall smite thee, thou whited wall: for sittest thou to judge me after the law, and commandest me to be smitten contrary to the (now “abolished”) law? And they that stood by said, Revilest thou [Yahweh]'s high priest? Then said Paul, I wist not, brethren, that he was the high priest: for it is written (in the now “obsolete” Torah – Ex. 22:28), Thou shalt not speak evil of the ruler of thy people.

Was he just using the “obsolete” law to serve his selfish purposes… to avoid being beaten? Why would he even bring it up if he had been preaching that it is “abolished”?

SECTION 5 – Shaul attends the Feast of Weeks/‘Pentecost’ to worship Yahweh as given in Torah:

Act 24:11  Because that thou mayest understand, that there are yet but twelve days since I went up to Jerusalem (at ‘Pentecost’) for to worship.

Why would Shaul go to Yerushalayim/‘Jerusalem’ for the “abolished” Chag HaShavuot – the Feast of Weeks (Pentecost) to worship Yahweh, thereby following an “obsolete” “Old Testament” commandment of Mosheh/‘Moses’?

This commandment from Shemoth/‘Exodus’ 34:23 and Debarim/‘Deuteronomy’ 16:16 is for all males to appear before Yahweh at Yerushalayim for the Feast of Weeks as defined in Wayyiqra/ ‘Leviticus’ 23:21.

Why? Did he just want to do some preaching to the “Jews” because he knew they would be gathered there? No, because then he could not have said what he did in the very next verses:

Act 24:12-14  And they (the ‘Jews’) neither found me in the temple disputing with any man, neither raising up the people, neither in the synagogues, nor in the city: Neither can they prove the things whereof they now accuse me. But this I confess unto thee, that after the way which they call heresy, so worship I the [Almighty] of my fathers, believing all things which are written in the law and in the prophets:

Not only is Shaul “believing all things which are written in the law and in the prophets,” but he is DOING all things which are written in the law and in the prophets!

SECTION 6 – Shaul defends his actions and is without offence or guilt:

Act 24:17-21  Now after many years I came to bring alms to my nation, and offerings. Whereupon certain Jews from Asia found me purified (according to a Nazir vow from the law of Mosheh) in the temple (see the record in Acts 21:26 above), neither with multitude, nor with tumult. Who ought to have been here before thee, and object, if they had ought against me. Or else let these same here say, if they have found any evil doing in me, while I stood before the council, Except it be for this one voice, that I cried standing among them, Touching the resurrection of the dead I am called in question by you this day.

Shaul says that ONLY for ONE thing is he being accused for any wrong doing, “Touching the resurrection of the dead,” Not for speaking against the Law, Mosheh, the Temple or anything else! Was he lying?

By this time he had already written Romans, Corinthians 1 & 2, Galatians, and Thessalonians 1 & 2.

SECTION 7 – Shaul defends himself again against false accusations:

Act 25:7-10  And when he was come, the Jews which came down from Jerusalem stood round about, and laid many and grievous complaints against Paul, which they could not prove. While he answered for himself, Neither against the law of the Jews, neither against the temple, nor yet against Caesar, have I offended any thing at all. But Festus, willing to do the Jews a pleasure, answered Paul, and said, Wilt thou go up to Jerusalem, and there be judged of these things before me? Then said Paul, I stand at Caesar's judgment seat, where I ought to be judged: to the Jews have I done no wrong, as thou very well knowest.

Why could they not prove that he had done anything wrong? Because he hadn’t! He hadn’t spoken out against the “law of the Jews, neither against the temple, nor yet against Caesar!” If he had, they could have proven it and had him condemned!

SECTION 8 – Shaul defends himself once more against false accusations:

Act 28:17  And it came to pass, that after three days Paul called the chief of the Jews together: and when they were come together, he said unto them, Men and brethren, though I have committed nothing against the people, or customs of our fathers, yet was I delivered prisoner from Jerusalem into the hands of the Romans.

Act 28:18  Who, when they had examined me, would have let me go, because there was no cause of death in me.

Hmm… this is only 13 verses away from the end of the book of Acts. Where do we see that Shaul spoke even one word or did ANYTHING at all against the law of Mosheh? If he had, he would have been a liar and could have been found guilty of accusations which the ‘Jews’ leveled against him and could have been put to death.

He flatly and completely denied all their charges.

By this time, Shaul had already written Romans, Corinthians 1 & 2, Galatians, Ephesians, Philippians, Colossians, Thessalonians 1 & 2, and Philemon. If there was something – ANYTHING - they could have used against him, certainly it would have been common public knowledge and they would have brought it up!

Through every trial and examination by the ‘Jewish’ false accusers and Roman authorities, he successfully denies and refutes their “lawless” charges with every step all the way to Rome!

SECTION 9 – Shaul uses Torah and the Prophets to win believers:

Act 28:23,24  And when they had appointed him a day, there came many to him into his lodging; to whom he expounded and testified the kingdom of God, persuading them concerning Jesus, both out of the law of Moses, and out of the prophets, from morning till evening. And some believed the things which were spoken, and some believed not.

Why, right up to the end of his life, is Shaul still reasoning out of the “law of Moses and out of the prophets” – ALL of which is “OLD” TESTAMENT – TORAH!?

Didn’t he get the memo? This is 30 years after the death and resurrection of Yahoshea!

You will note that there is NO MENTION of ANYTHING from the “New” Testament. How can that be? How can he use the “obsolete, void, and faulty” “Old” Testament scriptures to convert these people to believers?

Every ‘Pauline’ ‘Church’ Epistle has already been written. Why didn’t he say, “Here, just read these letters (epistles) I wrote, they’ll explain everything…”?

~ Moderator

Fancier Quinn

Dec 25, 2007, 10:10:32 AM12/25/07
to TheNar...@googlegroups.com
Paul was to take a Nazarite vow to prove that he was not teaching opposition to the Torah, to clear himself with Ya'akov and the Yerushalayim counsel, he agrees. On the way to the Temple, Paul incites a riot and never fulfills the vow.PaulL SAID he WOULD DO ANYTHING to win Jews away from Judaism including LIE !
The Creator King of the Universe prevented Paul from fulling the Nazarite vow, to preserve his life a while longer, giving Paul opportunity to repent.
Paul's letters were written before any of the gospels.

John Medwin

Dec 25, 2007, 2:57:16 PM12/25/07
to TheNar...@googlegroups.com
Quinn:  I was at the local synagogue recently along with a woman who loves Israel, but spent all her life in the church.  She was on the back row and during some of the singing raised her hands in the air, which to her meant she was having a great time.  When I spoke to the rabbi after that, he was offended.  He resented the fact that a Christian would bring their ways into their house.  I had to agree - it was out of line.  There is such a thing as proper protocol.

 In the same way, for me to go on an Orthodox Judaism site and blast the Talmud, would make me out of line, even if I was a scholar of the Talmud.  There's just something about going into somebody else's house and trying to smash things up.  It's just not good form.

Now as to forums like this I think the same protocol applies.  Messianics on the whole are searching for the truth and love the Torah and love to study.  After all, we are discovering just how wrong we've had it all those years in the church.  And, no doubt, we'll be further down the road years from now, which means, there's still lots of stuff we have wrong.  And forums such as this one provide such a place to study and hear from those we disagree with.  And because of that, the Moderator has been more than gracious to you.  I think everyone on this post is walking in the Torah today, and only got here because at some point we studied some "radical" things or studied some things that years ago we would have thought was heresy. So there is much to be gained by studying with those you disagree with.

But lady, I'm telling you, you're out of line, even for a forum like this.  You don't come with a heart that I think is appreciated.  You seem to lash out in hatred and it seems like you like the idea of smashing things up.  It's a shame, because I suspect you have much to bring to the table.  But would you do the same thing in a yeshiva?  I think not.  I think the rabbis would have thrown you out a long time ago.  Like Paul or not, he's got it right:  knowledge puffs up, love builds up.  I urge you to temper your words, spice it up with some words of love, and share in a way that is not trying to smash everything in sight.  I'm not sure you're up to the task, though.

If you think Paul was all wrong, then bring up a subject, and we'll study it - one study at a time - line upon line.  Build up, don't tear up.

Shalom

Both your example and your measured response are appropriate and
appreciated. It is so easy for us to become agitated and blow up. It
takes a cool and level head to respond with logic, reason and dignity.

Thank you.

~ Moderator
> [...]
> Why would Shaul go to Yerushalayim/'Jerusalem' for the "abolished" Chag
> HaShavuot - the Feast of Weeks (Pentecost) to worship Yahweh, thereby
> following an "obsolete" "Old Testament" commandment of Mosheh/'Moses'?
>
> This commandment from Shemoth/'Exodus' 34:23 and Debarim/'Deuteronomy' 16:16
> is for all males to appear before Yahweh at Yerushalayim for the Feast of
> Weeks as defined in Wayyiqra/ 'Leviticus' 23:21.
>
> Why? Did he just want to do some preaching to the "Jews" because he knew
> they would be gathered there? No, because then he could not have said what
> he did in the very next verses:
> Act 24:12-14 And they (the 'Jews') neither found me in the temple disputing
> with any man, neither raising up the people, neither in the synagogues, nor
> in the city: Neither can they prove the things whereof they now accuse me.

Ray

Dec 25, 2007, 9:13:20 PM12/25/07
to The Narrow Gate
John,

I'm learning from you and Moderator. I'm a bit slow and it will take a
bit for me to digest all of this, but I'm drawn to what you two are
writing. I'll be working through this for a while until hopefully I'll
understand better.

I truly appreciate the tone and quality of your responses.

Ray

On Dec 25, 1:57 pm, "John Medwin" <medwin...@yadtel.net> wrote:
> [...]
> Why would Shaul go to Yerushalayim/'Jerusalem' for the "abolished" Chag
> HaShavuot - the Feast of Weeks (Pentecost) to worship Yahweh, thereby
> following an "obsolete" "Old Testament" commandment of Mosheh/'Moses'?
>
> This commandment from Shemoth/'Exodus' 34:23 and Debarim/'Deuteronomy' 16:16
> is for all males to appear before Yahweh at Yerushalayim for the Feast of
> Weeks as defined in Wayyiqra/ 'Leviticus' 23:21.
>
> Why? Did he just want to do some preaching to the "Jews" because he knew
> they would be gathered there? No, because then he could not have said what
> he did in the very next verses:
> Act 24:12-14 And they (the 'Jews') neither found me in the temple disputing
> with any man, neither raising up the people, neither in the synagogues, nor
> in the city: Neither can they prove the things whereof they now accuse me.

LeeJosephO

Dec 26, 2007, 6:06:11 AM12/26/07
to The Narrow Gate

On Dec 24, 1:34 am, "Fancier Quinn" <fancierqu...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Islam ... wishes to kill our body and christians desire to kill the soul of the Jew.

Somewhere here there is common ground, and I would like to find it.
Several years ago, it was a Jew that helped me come to see and abandon
"replacement theology", and nearly everything I have since learned
about right fellowship and worship - Torah - has first been shown to
me by one or another of YHWH's chosen witnesses ... and how else could
that have happened?!

In spite of anything, Quinn, I thank you for being here.