public beta of 'papers' is now out

id....@gmail.com

Jan 5, 2007, 11:16:44 AM1/5/07
to The Efficient Academic
The group might be interested in 'Papers'. Please have a look at

http://mekentosj.com/papers/

jim.o...@gmail.com

Jan 8, 2007, 12:55:12 AM1/8/07
to The Efficient Academic
Beautiful. Unfortunately, I am stuck with a PC.

This sort of program is exactly what I need. Many of my colleagues(also
stuck with PC's)could also use this. (Hint, hint)

rickla

Jan 9, 2007, 8:11:19 AM1/9/07
to The Efficient Academic
Do you think this software would be of any use to people not using
PubMed, or is that its entire raison d'etre?

raskol

Jan 12, 2007, 5:33:07 AM1/12/07
to The Efficient Academic
Especially if you have DevonThink Pro already - which supports more
formats, such as webarchives - or BibDesk, which can link to files on
your hard drive (although that is of course more error-prone).

If it could link to something like ReferenceMiner, it would be more
useful for those not using PubMed.

On the other hand, its UI is more attractive than DevonThink - I always
read papers via Preview rather than DT's own viewer.