Sinhala Unicode is a hype

Donald

Mar 13, 2006, 11:25:28 PM3/13/06
to Sinhala...@googlegroups.com
First visit my web page
www.akuru.org
See comments received and my observation link

The SLSI 1134 (Sinhala Unicode) is incorrect & incomplete
I was the only person objected and proved that this is incorrect.

The SLSI has to be corrected.

Recently I wrote this mail to Executive Chairman of the ICTA

----I quote from my mail --------

Dear Executive Chairman of the ICTA,

I hope you read my article to the Daily Mirror Sat 4 March 2006.
If not it is attached to this mail for your perusal.

Do you know that your SLSI 1134 is incorrect and incomplete?
Do you know that ICTA will never be able to implement the e-SL program
in Sinhala Language and Tamil Language.
Do you know that the Constitution of Sri Lanka requires the Government
to use Sinhala Language and Tamil Language in Sri Lanka.
Do you know that this is a mandatory requirement.
Do you know that google.lk is just a hype
Do you know that without Sinhala and Tamil the e-SL program it self a
hype.

If your SLSI 1134 is the correct solution why cant the content
developers develop the web site in Sinhala Language and Tamil Language?
Please note that computer is not a typewriter. With your SLSI 1134 you
can use a computer as a typewriter but not as a computer.

Until when are you going to fool the general public and the Minister
for IT who is the Hon President of Sri Lanka?

Hope you have the time to visit my web site www.akuru.org.

___end of my mail-----

""" Quote""" from a comment I received

Well asked - but don't expect these people to reply!

The Chairman of ICTA is also the former chairman of CINTEC who created
the current problem with Sinhala fonts. He is the least likely to do
anything to resolve it, because he will then be exposing his earlier
bungling.

Besides, his UCSC 'golaya' Nandasara and his buddy "xxxxxx" have
globe-trotted for a decade saying they are doing Sinhala fonts. All
that will be exposed and brought into question the moment things are
done PROPERLY even at this late stage.

'''UNQUOTE"

CAT4march2006.jpg
CAT4march2006.jpg

Donald Gaminitillake

Mar 13, 2006, 11:28:00 PM3/13/06
to Sinhala...@googlegroups.com

___end of my mail-----

Besides, his UCSC 'golaya' yyyyy and his buddy "xxxxxx" have

Anuradha Ratnaweera

Mar 14, 2006, 1:08:46 AM3/14/06
On 3/14/06, Donald <lankap...@gmail.com> wrote:
> First visit my web page
> www.akuru.org
> See comments received and my observation link
>
> The SLSI 1134 (Sinhala Unicode) is incorrect & incomplete
> I was the only person objected and proved that this is incorrect.
>
> The SLSI has to be corrected.

ඩොනල්ඩ් මහත්තයා අපි, ඒ කියන්නෙ ලිනක්ස් කණ්ඩායම, එක්කත් මේ ගැන ලොකු
විවාදයක් කලා නේද? මේ තියෙන්නෙ ඒ සාකච්ඡාව:

http://www.linux.lk/~anuradha/sinhala/akuru.org/

ඩොනල්ඩ් මහත්තයා දිගටම කියන්නෙ, එයා හදලා තියන අකුරු ක්‍රමය තමයි හරි
කියල. හර්ෂුල අහපු ප්‍රශ්ණ වලට එයා උත්තර දුන්නෙ නැහැ.

අනුරාධ
--
http://www.linux.lk/~anuradha/
http://anuradha-ratnaweera.blogspot.com

donald gaminitillake

Mar 14, 2006, 1:46:41 AM3/14/06
to සිංහල යුනිකොඩ් සමූහය - Sinhala Unicode
I cannot read your posting I use netscape
Web means you should be able to use any computer any Browser any
Language on Unicode.

Just correct the SLSI 1134. Admit your own faults

Donald

---This is what I read on my computer.-----

ඩොනල්ඩ් මහත්තයා අපි, ඒ
කියන්නෙ ලිනක්ස් කණ්ඩායම,
එක්කත් මේ ගැන ලොකු
විවාදයක් කලා නේද? මේ
තියෙන්නෙ ඒ සාකච්ඡාව:

http://www.linux.lk/~anuradha/sinhala/akuru.org/

ඩොනල්ඩ් මහත්තයා දිගටම
කියන්නෙ, එයා හදලා තියන
අකුරු ක්‍රමය තමයි හරි
කියල. හර්ෂුල අහපු ප්‍රශ්ණ
වලට එයා උත්තර දුන්නෙ නැහැ.

----end of msg----

Anuradha Ratnaweera

Mar 14, 2006, 1:52:45 AM3/14/06
On 3/14/06, donald gaminitillake <lankap...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I cannot read your posting I use netscape
> Web means you should be able to use any computer any Browser any
> Language on Unicode.

Wrong. Web means you should be able to use any computer any browser
that supports the language standard(s) of the web site you are
viewing. All the browsers that support Sinhala Unicode renderes that
Sinhala Unicode (SLS 1134) text properly.

I can't speak for other platforms, but on GNU/Linux, Sinhala Unicode
(reading and input) now works perfectly. Here is a recent writing of
mine on this:

http://anuradha-ratnaweera.blogspot.com/2006/03/sinhala-unicode-on-gnulinux.html

And I know for a fact that Sinhala Unicode works on Windows as well.
If it doesn't work on Mac, ask Apple to implement it. It's not a task
for SLSI, ICTA or any other group to implement it on all the
platforms.

Anuradha

නිරංජන්෴

Mar 18, 2006, 11:02:04 AM3/18/06
to සිංහල යුනිකොඩ් සමූහය - Sinhala Unicode
අනේ දෙව්දත් නොදිටි මොක්පුර

නිරංජන්෴

Mar 18, 2006, 2:23:16 PM3/18/06
to සිංහල යුනිකොඩ් සමූහය - Sinhala Unicode
ශ්‍රී ලංකා රාඦ්‍ය
අන්තර්ඦාල බිහිදොර කළ
කංඩායමෙන් එක් අයකු මම.
සිංහල, දෙමළ, ඉංග්‍රීසියෙන්