Live Globally, Groove Locally: World music from the USA

Spin The Globe

Feb 5, 2009, 8:23:29 PM2/5/09
to world_m...@yahoogroups.com, STGnew...@googlegroups.com, worldmu...@yahoogroups.com, olyr...@yahoogroups.com

Spin the Globe: Live Locally, Groove Globally
Fridays 10-noon (Pacific) on KAOS 89.3 FM Olympia, and streaming live

This week on Spin The Globe listen in for global music from my own back yard. Well, not literally, since only on a few occasions have I actually had musicians hanging out under my apple tree. But my metaphorical back yard is the US of A, and this week we'll celebrate those American musicians who groove globally.

COMING UP ON SPIN THE GLOBE:
Feb. 6: World Music from the USA
Feb. 13: Global music mashup (global tunes in a playlist only a Cuisinart could devise!)
Feb. 20: Guest host David "The Xenophiliac" Moseley
Feb. 27: Guest host Juli "Cover The Earth" Kelen
March 6: Sacred World Music

You know you can listen live online Fridays 10-noon*, right?)
* Pacific USA time

Missed an artist or song name? Check out Spin The Globe's past playlists

Listen Again: Want to hear something again? You can now catch archived shows for a limited time on the blog SoundRoots.org. or check out the direct links at podOmatic.

Check out the events calendar for upcoming global happenings, particularly in the Pacific Northwest.

Find out what's hot on Spin The Globe's World Music charts

-----
Scott Stevens
KAOS World Music Director and host/producer of Spin the Globe http://spintheglobe.earball.net
SoundRoots Global Culture blog http://soundroots.org

Send review CDs/DVDs/books to: (please, world music only! others will likely not be reviewed)
Scott Stevens, Spin The Globe/SoundRoots.org
2103 Harrison Avenue NW
Olympia, WA 98502 USA

Send airplay info/CDs to:
Scott Stevens, World Music Director