The Music of Iran

STG@gmail

Jul 2, 2009, 11:51:42 AM7/2/09
to STG Newsletter, World Music Forum, World Music Fan, OlyRhythm email group

Spin the Globe: Live Locally, Groove Globally
Fridays 10-noon (Pacific) on KAOS 89.3 FM Olympia, and streaming live

This Friday on Spin The Globe it's the music of Iran. Spin The Globe doesn't take political sides, but we do side with free expression and the rule of law. In honor of the people fighting for those in Iran, today's show will feature a variety of Persian music, from traditional to modern. Plus the usual assortment of new releases and concert/festival previews.

Fresh CD reviews posted at http://www.earball.net/spintheglobe/reviews.htm :

If you missed the announcement in the last email, please note that KAOS has a new World Music Director, and a revised mailing address. Please address future airplay CD releases/comments/tracking to:

Don Loft, World Music Director
KAOS 89.3 FM
Annex B, The Evergreen State College
Olympia WA 98505 USA

email: worldmu...@gmail.com
music department phone: 360-867-6896

I will continue to do my weekly world-music show Spin The Globe as well as write reviews for SoundRoots.org and elsewhere, so feel free to contact me about those projects at the address below.

COMING UP ON SPIN THE GLOBE:
July 3: Music of Iran
July 10: Global Ska
July 17: Top 10 global albums for July 2009 + Vagabond Opera interview
July 24: Music of Ethiopia

You know you can listen live online Fridays 10-noon*, right?)
* Pacific USA time

Missed an artist or song name? Check out Spin The Globe's past playlists

Listen Again: Want to hear something again? You can now catch archived shows for a limited time on the blog SoundRoots.org

Check out the events calendar for upcoming global happenings, particularly in the Pacific Northwest.

Find out what's hot on the KAOS / Spin The Globe World Music charts

-----
Scott Stevens
host/producer of Spin the Globe http://spintheglobe.earball.net
SoundRoots Global Culture blog http://soundroots.org

Send review CDs/DVDs/books to:
Scott Stevens, Spin The Globe/SoundRoots.org
2103 Harrison Avenue NW
Olympia, WA 98502 USA

Send KAOS airplay info/CDs to: