Globo-Celtic, Delhi 2 Dublin

STG@gmail

Jun 25, 2009, 12:58:36 PM6/25/09
to STG Newsletter, World Music Forum, World Music Fan, OlyRhythm email group

Spin the Globe: Live Locally, Groove Globally
Fridays 10-noon (Pacific) on KAOS 89.3 FM Olympia, and streaming live

On this Friday's episode of Spin The Globe we'll be talking with Delhi 2 Dublin about their west coast tour and their Indo-Celtic music; and we'll hear tunes from other world-Celtic fusion artists, probably including Baka Beyond, the Afro Celts, and...well...you'll just have to tune in to find out the others.

Fresh CD reviews posted at http://www.earball.net/spintheglobe/reviews.htm :

* Madera Limpia: La Corona
* Baka in the Forest: Traditional songs of the Baka women recorded live in the Cameroon rainforest
* Martin Cradick & the Baka at Gbine: Baka Beyond the Forest
* Tea: Dreams
* Santero: El Hijo de Obatala

A little station news: KAOS has a new World Music Director, and a revised mailing address. Please address future airplay CD releases/comments/tracking to:

Don Loft, World Music Director
KAOS 89.3 FM
Annex B, The Evergreen State College
Olympia WA 98505 USA

email: worldmu...@gmail.com
music department phone: 360-867-6896

It's been educational and generally great fun serving as KAOS's WMD (!) for a number of years, but I'm happy to pass the position into Don's capable hands. I will continue to do my weekly world-music show Spin The Globe as well as write reviews for SoundRoots.org and elsewhere, so feel free to contact me about those projects.

COMING UP ON SPIN THE GLOBE:
June 26: Globo-Celtic feat. Delhi2Dublin
July 3: Music of Iran
July 10: Global Ska
July 17: Top 10 global albums for July 2009 + Vagabond Opera interview
July 24: Music of Ethiopia

You know you can listen live online Fridays 10-noon*, right?)
* Pacific USA time

Missed an artist or song name? Check out Spin The Globe's past playlists

Listen Again: Want to hear something again? You can now catch archived shows for a limited time on the blog SoundRoots.org

Check out the events calendar for upcoming global happenings, particularly in the Pacific Northwest.

Find out what's hot on the KAOS / Spin The Globe World Music charts

-----
Scott Stevens
host/producer of Spin the Globe http://spintheglobe.earball.net
SoundRoots Global Culture blog http://soundroots.org

Send review CDs/DVDs/books to:
Scott Stevens, Spin The Globe/SoundRoots.org
2103 Harrison Avenue NW
Olympia, WA 98502 USA

Send KAOS airplay info/CDs to: