Google not finding my page

1 view

danielpataki

Dec 11, 2007, 4:08:17 PM12/11/07
to Google Search Engine Optimization SEO Google - MSN - Yahoo
Hello!

I have a blog that has been up for about two months. I guest blog at
two fairly large blogs, both have linked to me. This gave me a visitor
count from daily 90-100 to about 400-500. I have uploaded my sitemap
to google and I have been crawled by the bot regularly for about a
month now.

My question is, does anyone know why my Google page rank is N/A? As
far as I know N/A only shows when the site is not known by Google. So
even if my site has not yet picked up, but it indexed, I should get a
0 no? Also, I have 3500 backlinks from Yahoo and 0 from Google.

I don't know if this is normal, if it is fine, I'll wait my time :)
Could someone tell me what I need to do to get from N/A to at least
0? :D

Daniel

Krishna K

Dec 12, 2007, 11:57:26 PM12/12/07
to SE...@googlegroups.com
Hi Daniel,

Does the pagerank show a grey bar or a white bar.

A white bar means page well indexed and 0 pagerank. Needs only incoming links to rank.

A grey bar may mean many things as of today. For instance, it is in sandbox, or it is indexed and the grey to white bar is not yet effected.

However, you should continue to get incoming links. Make sure, you have less of adsense - if at all you have them. Also, target a niche if you wish to gain traffic.

Regards
Madhav
http://www.vkinfotek.com

Alex Visa

Dec 13, 2007, 1:39:33 AM12/13/07
to SE...@googlegroups.com
Hi Daniel,

Google indexing and than PR take both a bit of time.
First you will get indexed, than based on the information google collected you will get a PR rank.
It is good that you have sitemap in place and also that you had the opportunity to have some posts on some fairly large blogs.
Google webmasters tools takes a while to update the info in the dashboard, however the bot is active on a daily basis.

Google PR is updated if I am not wrong 4-5 times a year. I know one updated was in April, another one June ... so I would guess that a next one should most likely be in December or January 2008.

keep posting, build links and when PR gets revised and assigned you will have a nice surprise.
Anyhow, PR is just a measure of the popularity and authority of your site and will not determine any thing else.

Content, crawl frequency and quality of posts is way more important.
I suggest (if you use wordpress) to check out the All-in-One SEO pack plugin which is a great way to optimize your blog from an SEO perspective.

Good Luck,
Alex

Partha Nag

Dec 15, 2007, 12:10:12 AM12/15/07
to SE...@googlegroups.com
Hi Daniel,

1. do keyword research
2. meta keyword should be related to your contet
3. submit quality directory
4. Know who are the competator of your site
5. submit your website into yahoo ,live, and del.icio.us  , other social bookmarking site
6. Join into the forum

Just do this and c the result
For your referrence you can visit & research this website as foollows :

Regards,
Parth